Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » POLL: UFOs.... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: POLL: UFOs....
Blowfish
¯
Member # 4043

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blowfish  Ford pictures for Blowfish    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya know aliens get their freak on too.

--------------------
All throttle...No bottle

Posts: 38 | From: Castro Valley | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
iron281
¯
Member # 80

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron281  Ford pictures for iron281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm almost certain there's intelligent life on planets other than this one. I do not believe that any of these life forms have been here on Earth yet.

Lots of wishful thinking with the Art Bell types, but not a damn shred of physical evidence. Just endless speculation and hearsay.

And it's been that way for 60 years now. Nothing new.

Posts: 385 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iron281:
I'm almost certain there's intelligent life on planets other than this one. I do not believe that any of these life forms have been here on Earth yet.

Lots of wishful thinking with the Art Bell types, but not a damn shred of physical evidence. Just endless speculation and hearsay.

And it's been that way for 60 years now. Nothing new.

The egyptions, myan's and a few other civilizations have pictures and hyrogriphics(sp)of spacemen and space ships. If you look at the big picture and how things have developed I'm sure we've been visited and reversed engineered alot of the there technology. Not to mention we probably came from mars when the planet was no longer habitable [Smile]

[ October 05, 2005, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: bunchmyfunky ]

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Hungry Hippo:
they must not be too intelligent if they were banging apes

It's all about that monkey pussy though.

(From a Chappelle DVD)

iron281
¯
Member # 80

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron281  Ford pictures for iron281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
The egyptions, myan's and a few other civilizations have pictures and hyrogriphics(sp)of spacemen and space ships. If you look at the big picture and how things have developed I'm sure we've been visited and reversed engineered alot of the there technology. Not to mention we probably came from mars when the planet was no longer habitable
If you really look at the "big picture" as you say, you'd know the opposite is true. There's perfectly good evidence all over the place that we actually did figure this stuff out all by ourselves. There are also no Egyptian hieroglyphics depicting little men in spaceships, or anything else remotely extra-terrestrial. They were far more concerned with the after-life, tomb and monument building than having anything to do with alien visitors. Show us the photos of glyphs that support this.

What specifically has man reverse-engineered from alien technology? The transistor? The IC? The turbine jet engine? The airplane? What ??? Did Edison reverse-engineer the light bulb too? Maybe vacuum tube amps? That'd be especially cool, because then I could say I've got a valve amplifier that was originally designed on Altair-4. Now that would be a conversation piece.

No, it's all BS.

We'll all know when they've arrived. Don't kid yourself.

It's hilarious to think that with nearly 6.5 billion people on the planet, only a select few are even talking about UFOs. We can't even begin to imagine the panic and chaos that would ensue following the realization of alien visitors to this planet.

[ October 05, 2005, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: iron281 ]

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your right on about everything... and the world is flat [Smile] Do you beleive in God? If so where is your proof? Faith? Look at the advancments made between the end of WWII and the Korean war. It's strange that after Roswell 1947 we go from prop planes and very limited jetplanes to the U2 which started flying in 1956 and look at the SR-71 BlackBird which was designed in 55 and building started shortly after. To me it seems like to much of a jump. But to each his own.
iron281
¯
Member # 80

Take a look here at the history, and see if you still think we made a big jump. I don't think we made any mysterious technological leaps at all, just really hard work by some extremely bright people. Why some folks cannot believe or comprehend that mankind is capable of these and other great inventions and feats is the mystery to me, and I think it is an insult to the human spirit and drive that makes us what and who we are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_engine

[ October 05, 2005, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: iron281 ]

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

So the link gives a basic history and overview of the jet engine. I'm not saying were dumb and can't make leaps. O well we can go on and on about this but what's the point you don't beleive and I do. If we ever meet let's make sure we talk about this [patriot]
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
Your right on about everything... and the world is flat [Smile] Do you beleive in God? If so where is your proof? Faith? Look at the advancments made between the end of WWII and the Korean war. It's strange that after Roswell 1947 we go from prop planes and very limited jetplanes to the U2 which started flying in 1956 and look at the SR-71 BlackBird which was designed in 55 and building started shortly after. To me it seems like to much of a jump. But to each his own.

thats what the show was talking about. The guy described each aliena fterfact and how he brought them to different companies to be studied.

I think its kinda odd how after 47 our advancement leaped so quickly. I think humans designed everything but maybe they did have help studying alien stuff too.
Its also odd how we've always been the leaders of the technology.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nope, no alien spacecraft are here or have been here in the past. Much as I would like it to be true.

Take a look at the distance between the stars. The closest star is Alpha Centuri at 4 light years away. No planets have been discovered around Alpha Centuri so that would rule it out as a possible candidate for possible life supporting planets. Let's assume, for the sake of discussion, that there is a star within 100 light years of Earth with advanced intelligent life and that Einstein was correct about the impossibility of exceeding the speed of light (186,000 miles per second). That would be a 100 year trip for the aliens if they could travel that fast. Now, I ask you. Why would they travel that far and for so long just to mutilate cows and explore body cavities of "bubbas and bubettes" here on Earth? Even assuming that Einstein was wrong, (which as we learn more about the universe we see he was correct), and they had the technology to get here a lot quicker, why would they not make contact? I know that the Star Trek notion is non intervention with primative civilizations but that is just a Hollywood notion that advanced civilizations might not think much about.

That said, I am sure there are billions of planets with life in many stages of evolution, some very advanced and some very primative. But that does not alter the fact that getting around in this universe at the speeds necessary and with the vastness of it all is a major problem. Finding Earth in this galaxy alone would be like looking for a specific grain of sand on all the beaches on the Earth. And there are billions of galaxies in the universe.

Nope, no aliens here [Wink]

[ October 06, 2005, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: John91coupe ]

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think we have been contacted but the government isn't willing to let that fact known because it would scare people and all the religious people would go psycho thinking we aren't the only living things under gods care.

I believe light speed will be conquered someday by humans, in fact i read an article about how some scientist think they already have made a particle go faster than the speed of light.
I will look for the article.

[ October 06, 2005, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

http://www.livescience.com/technology/050819_fastlight.html

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Heres an article on some scientists who made light travel 300 times faster than the speed of light.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc1081.htm

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You might be right, Dana, about the speed of light speed limit being overcome some day. Anything is possible. Even if it is it will still take a very long time to travel between stars. So why have they come all that distance and won't make contact? Is that what you would do if the situation were reversed? I know I would make contact. Mankind is not all that primative that we would be worthless to communicate with by aliens. If they traveled here by a ship of some kind they are still in the same realm as we are in terms of needing a physical machine to get here so we aren't that backward. It wouldn't be like a human trying to communicate with an ant. We wouldn't be that far apart in terms of evolution.

Nope, just can't see why they would sneak around and abduct people from the ozarks. Why not the most intelligent of our species?

Like I said. I wish it were true but I am pretty sure that it isn't.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Even in the Bible its quoted God says "I've created many different worlds".

As with most of the Bible and its content, that can mean 100 different things. Comes down to what each individual belives or feels.

Personally I'd like to think there are other worlds with things going on. Even if its just a swampy place with micro organisms living there. [patriot]

a50sn95
¯
Member # 527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a50sn95  Ford pictures for a50sn95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To me, the idea that we will travel these distances by accelerating spaceships to faster than the speed of light seems a bit far-fetched. Most sci-fi stories/shows/books have an alternate method to space travel. For instance,Star Trek had the "warp" drive, and while it was depicted as an engine that accelerated the space ship very fast, the name suggested that it "warped" space. The best version we are all likely familiar with is from Dune, where they folded space. While, some alien being used a drug to "magically" alter space-time, there is a respected cosmological thoery out there exploring this "type" of thing. It had to do with diminsions that our consious is not aware of, but are believed to exist. Of course, it is all theory, but so was the idea that the earth was round. Anyway, it's called the covariant theory, or covariant gravity. You can find reference to it on the internet, but mostly scientific papers that most of us (or at least me) don't understand. One of the smartest people I have ever known was involved with this theory as a "hobby", and he thought he didn't know much compared to the people he was working on it with. (at 22, he had degrees in nuclear engineering, and nuclear physics, and was in charge of refueling nuclear subs for Westinghouse.) Anyway, just for thought....
Dennis

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

quote:
Originally posted by a50sn95:
To me, the idea that we will travel these distances by accelerating spaceships to faster than the speed of light seems a bit far-fetched. Most sci-fi stories/shows/books have an alternate method to space travel. For instance,Star Trek had the "warp" drive, and while it was depicted as an engine that accelerated the space ship very fast, the name suggested that it "warped" space. The best version we are all likely familiar with is from Dune, where they folded space. While, some alien being used a drug to "magically" alter space-time, there is a respected cosmological thoery out there exploring this "type" of thing. It had to do with diminsions that our consious is not aware of, but are believed to exist. Of course, it is all theory, but so was the idea that the earth was round. Anyway, it's called the covariant theory, or covariant gravity. You can find reference to it on the internet, but mostly scientific papers that most of us (or at least me) don't understand. One of the smartest people I have ever known was involved with this theory as a "hobby", and he thought he didn't know much compared to the people he was working on it with. (at 22, he had degrees in nuclear engineering, and nuclear physics, and was in charge of refueling nuclear subs for Westinghouse.) Anyway, just for thought....
Dennis

There's a few theorys out there. Bending Time and Space and there's also worm holes. If nothing else there interesting reads. I still have my hand raised as a believer.
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

A friend of mine had this theory that God intentionally made the stars very far apart to isolate each civilization from each other and eliminate the possibility of contact. The reason was to allow each civizilation to develop independant from each other and not contiminate one another. His notion was that we and every other civilization that exists will never make contact even with billions of planets with life. Seemed as valid as any other thing I have heard.

[ October 07, 2005, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: John91coupe ]

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

RobertTS
¯
Member # 1022

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RobertTS  Ford pictures for RobertTS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blowfish:
Ya know aliens get their freak on too.

LMAO!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the bible doesn't say anythign about there NOT being life in other planets. infact, there are several parts where different religious use to PROVE that good created different creatures in different planets.
Why would they need to travel faster than the speed of light? if they are advanced enough maybe they have designed a way of creating blackholes and traveling through there thus saving time.

--------------------
=(

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

John were you at a BBQ place for lunch today. I swear I saw you there.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
You might be right, Dana, about the speed of light speed limit being overcome some day. Anything is possible. Even if it is it will still take a very long time to travel between stars. So why have they come all that distance and won't make contact? Is that what you would do if the situation were reversed? I know I would make contact. Mankind is not all that primative that we would be worthless to communicate with by aliens. If they traveled here by a ship of some kind they are still in the same realm as we are in terms of needing a physical machine to get here so we aren't that backward. It wouldn't be like a human trying to communicate with an ant. We wouldn't be that far apart in terms of evolution.

Nope, just can't see why they would sneak around and abduct people from the ozarks. Why not the most intelligent of our species?

i think if they are really intelligent they would contact the people that govern the masses and let them decide on how the people would react to their contact. Intelligent beings if they are friendly probably don't want to start a panic.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
John were you at a BBQ place for lunch today. I swear I saw you there.

Nope, wasn't me but I did pick up some ribs on the way home this afternoon. That guy was probably some alien impersonator [Razz]

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
quote:

i think if they are really intelligent they would contact the people that govern the masses and let them decide on how the people would react to their contact. Intelligent beings if they are friendly probably don't want to start a panic.
Well, if I were an alien and I had studied this planet the governments would be the absolute last place I would go to. I was thinking intellegent people so that rules out any government official I am aware of. Maybe they looked at the government officials and then decided to go to a higher intellect, like the hill billies they abduct in the ozarks. [Confused]

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
quote:

Well, if I were an alien and I had studied this planet the governments would be the absolute last place I would go to. I was thinking intellegent people so that rules out any government official I am aware of. Maybe they looked at the government officials and then decided to go to a higher intellect, like the hill billies they abduct in the ozarks. [Confused]
HAHAH

So John when are you moving up here? We should do a star gazing nights sometime i still haven't used my camera on my scope yet [Frown]
Also at the airport theres some kind of astronomy group that meets.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com