Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Experience with APEX Motorsports (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Experience with APEX Motorsports
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if i were u i would have never had paid that amount cause that's some [BS flag] .
Like i always said APEX sucks and i don't care if they have a new owner.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:
Originally posted by Dag302:
Thats why I go to JohnB!!!!! No Drama!!!

[worship]
Yup

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
1991CHP
¯
Member # 5097

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1991CHP  Ford pictures for 1991CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, ounce they informed you that your driver side o2 sensor was just hanging out, and said just get 2 ones, and you said fine, ok, do it what ever, did they submit you with a new estamite and have you sign it? If no, then you are not liable for any extra cost other then the original $148.00 or what ever it is that you have signed. Simple as that.

...and for the "record," JohnB is the best, most professional, fastest, cleanest...etc person I have delt with in a while, for people to work on your car that other shops may not want to, cant do or just charge too much to do. Just have to get him to swap out my tranny........ [Eek!]

--------------------
Asphalt Mafia: Founder.

I felt guilty once, but she woke up half way through it.

http://gotbluemilk.com/web050516/24/index.html

Posts: 815 | From: S.F. / SACRAMENTO | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Before you post in anger about a problem, you should really deal with the company owner and see what comes of it first. Everything could be made good, and be dealt with in a professional manor. When you flame first then talk later, how willing do you really think ANY business will be to help you out??????

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
castor
¯
Member # 2765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for castor  Ford pictures for castor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ September 26, 2005, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: castor ]

--------------------
SOLD!!! 7/07
Supercharged 92GT
352rwhp [old blower w/3 1/2lbs]
???rwhp w/S-Trim

2010 Acura MDX Tech/Entertainment
2013 Acura TL SH-AWD

Posts: 1457 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
Can't this be handled in PMs or otherwise??

i think people have a right to know...
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
JohnB's Garage, for all your Ford needs.... [Big Grin]
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are a couple important lessons here.

1.) If you feel like your property has been abused while the car has been in the shop, make a statement right there on the spot. Otherwise, its hard to prove your point. You claim your buddy saw this happen, why not walk over then and there and investigate. That way you have a case.

2.) Get estimates put in writing. Never authorize any work without knowing exactly how much it will cost. Sometimes there are unexpected additional charges, but a reputable company will give you a new updated estimate for you to sign.

3.) Don't tarnish a business's name unless you have given them an opportunity to fix what they have done wrong. There are a lot of hard working people who have given their life savings to starting honest businesses and they live and die based on word of mouth. It's very easy for someone to post on a local board and ruin things for that establishment over a communication break-down or misunderstanding.

I have no experience with or affiliation with Apex, for what it is worth.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juiced-03  Ford pictures for Juiced-03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
Before you post in anger about a problem, you should really deal with the company owner and see what comes of it first. Everything could be made good, and be dealt with in a professional manor. When you flame first then talk later, how willing do you really think ANY business will be to help you out??????

I think he did try dealing with the company. They dropped the price down to $410 [BS flag]

--------------------
Just your typical modded '03 Cobra

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just so you know, according to california law you MUST be presented an estimate that cannot be exceded, and it must be authorized BEFORE any work is done on a car.

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Mario@Strictly-Motorsports
¯
Member # 381

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mario@Strictly-Motorsports  Ford pictures for Mario@Strictly-Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew,

When you called for the quote I gave you to install your MM FLSFC I stated that it would take approx. 1.5 hr if there is no under carriage
damage. You told me that you had none, as it was a 2000 GT. I replied back yes most likely you do not have any damage under the car due to its age. This was not the case when the car was raised on the lift. This was mentioned to you before any work was started. I also stated to you, that if there was undercarriage damage there would be addition costs and you acknowledged that.

The exhaust leak you had is caused by 2 issues. a defective exhaust manifold and a bad O2 sensor. You had a cross-threaded O2 sensor bung which prohibited one of your sensors to be seated properly. The O2 sensors you were informed about the cost of the new set and agreed to them being replaced. You could have said no at the time. I reduced the cost of the O2 sensors from what was the agreed upon price of $80ea, after you complained about the invoice, because it did not completely fix your exhaust leak completely. From our experience, stock exhaust manifolds seldom break and wanted to save you the additional costs of repair.

Until this posting, this is the first I’m hearing of the damage done to your door. When your friend noticed damage occurring why did you or him not address it immediately?

And yes, we did primer your subframes. The paint we use to paint subframes is a very durable self-primering high heat resistant paint.

Regards,

--------------------
Mario

Posts: 221 | From: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
TrueBlue
¯
Member # 1063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueBlue  Ford pictures for TrueBlue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
I CANNOT understand why you say you SAW (you or your friend) someone hit your door on the post, they look to aknowledge it, and you don't look at the door yourself until you get home and are mad at the cost [Confused]

IMO, you didn't bring it up THEN AND THERE, you are s.o.l.

Agreed....

--------------------
KB '01 GT
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/davis769/GIFS/samj.gif[/IMG]

Posts: 1527 | From: Around the way | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 9Venom9:
JohnB's Garage, for all your Ford needs.... [Big Grin]

[worship] [patriot]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andyman, you have a habit of thrashing people on the internet without even trying to deal with it in person. You badmouthed my name on here on a deal where you and your so called "knowledgeable" friends were clearly in the wrong, and all I did was to give you a phone number.... And, after all was said and done, you never apologized to me or Mark on this board, you just dropped it. Thanks for clearing that up, kid. At least MY name should go down here as a stand up guy for all of the buying/selling I have done.

I am not going to say anything (good or bad)about Apex, because I have no interest in your deal or their work, but YOU need to grow up and deal with shit in person.

Maybe daddy should write up legal agreements for all of the dealings you do over the internet... [Roll Eyes]

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
man sorry to hear about your issues. i know the feeling.... trust me...

http://forums.wildhorsesclub.com/showthread.php?t=14400

and that drama was just the beginning! there was a whole lot more backstage, and a lot of calls coming from them, crying to me...just sux that i gave them awesome FREE advertising (november issue of MM&FF, to be released on tuesday), and they still wanted to jack me later on....

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Roush2960
¯
Member # 672

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roush2960  Ford pictures for Roush2960    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reading original post.

Let me get this straight..

150.00 for subs installed.
85 for the new 0/2 sensors
99.00 An hour labor (x2)

sounds like 435.00 befor taxes...35 more in taxes sounds right. Then getting a 60 dollar discount af ter...Hmmm.

Making a claim of damage after you get home and justifing it from a friend saw it so it really happened. Dose not sound right.

Posting all your intention on the net for all to read...priceless.

Weather you like Apex or not you(admitly)gave the shop (Verbally, is leagaly binding) the OK to do the work.

Now your comming on here and bad mouthing the shop and people working there..??

Ummm...why? Sounds like you should have delt with the shop first before posting on here.

Just my $0.02 on what I have been reading.

I could see all this is they blew you motor when you took it in for an oil change or damaged you car during a simple air-cleaner install.

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
with my experience, it was HALF-FAST MICKEY MOUSE work...and i saw some of that when i was there, and noticed the rest later. shit, dave didnt even install my passenger side brakes on correctly....the brake pad was grabbing only part of the rotor. i had to fix that myself when i got home. also, ed smashed one of my rear wheel spacers a bit, trying to get my IRS halfshaft out. and when we were putting the wheels back on after the gear install, i couldnt put the driverside rearwheel back on. i had dave file and shave down the spacer so i could put my wheel on..

yes, ed loves to make claims that headers do NOTHING. i personally think he just doesnt like to do the install....

my bad experiences have come from every ownership of apex, and more-so with the current apex...money hungry, mickey mouse, bs artists. i only have respect for 1 person at apex....and that is all...

because of apex, i had to spend some good money FIXING their f-ups....

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, off work, and read all the replies. First off, I don't bull shit people.
--Blue Oval--, for one, this has nothing to do with you. 2nd of all, a habit of thrashing people? The only people that I have thrashed in the past was your friend, thinking that your name was his account too on here. What was that, a year and a half ago? I won't bring up the fact that your friend sold me a motor that had just claimed to have a "slight oil leak from a valve cover," but ended up having a whole mixture of coolant and oil throughout the motor."(found out when we took it apart to build it up.)Get over it. I just dropped it because things weren't going anywhere and you left a threatening message on my machine, if i recall, which just about made things get out of hand real fast.

Back to my current situation,
quote:"Both you and your friend were sitting less than 5yrds from the car. If it had "hit" as you say a pole and either your friend or both of you saw it(still less than 5yrds from the car). Why wasn't anything said????? You mean to tell me neither of you even looked at it?"

Jai--My buddy noticed you hit the door. When I went around to look at it, you had pulled it up on the lift. From my view the door looked good. The damage is done on the topside of the door and is only possible to do if backing up. Check the left rear lift beam for red paint, cause i'm missing some. The damage was impossible to see from the angle we were at. But your right, I should have jumped up on the lift, which would have been a huge liability issue, to check out to see if you caused any damage to my car. We saw you look down at the door and you didn't say anything. I assumed everything was okay or you would have said something.

quote: 1991CHP: "did they submit you with a new estamite and have you sign it?
--No they didn't.

This is where it gets good:
--Mario--
quote:"I also stated to you, that if there was undercarriage damage there would be addition costs and you acknowledged that."
--Rates that were never discussed, nor papers that were never signed in addition to the estimate.

quote:"The exhaust leak you had is caused by 2 issues. a defective exhaust manifold and a bad O2 sensor."
--The same exhaust manifolds that I was told by Ed never leak or crack?!?! [Confused]

quote:"The O2 sensors you were informed about the cost of the new set and agreed to them being replaced."
--Your absolutely right. I did agree to both of them being replaced and was aware of those costs, as I was told by Ed and Dave that that is the cause of my exhaust leak

quote:"From our experience, stock exhaust manifolds seldom break and wanted to save you the additional costs of repair."
--This is completely the opposite of the things you were telling us.

quote:"Until this posting, this is the first I’m hearing of the damage done to your door. When your friend noticed damage occurring why did you or him not address it immediately?"
--At the angle we were at the damage was not visible. By the time I left the office, I was so upset as to what I had to pay that the last thing on my mind was what the door looked like. You looked like you were not about to hand over my keys until I flat out paid you the $410. It wasn't until I got home that I noticed it, I then tried to call you guys immediately but you were closed. I was never given a statement as to an inflated estimate for any additional repairs done to the vehicle. For all I knew it was $148 for the install and $80 a piece for the new 02 sensors (which I thought would have solved my exhaust leak from what you guys told me)

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apexmotorsports  Ford pictures for Apexmotorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marek,

It has been proven that headers on a modular engine do very little for performance when compared to the price and installation costs. That is why they are not a popular upgrade on the modular engines. We have no problems installing or selling them but we believe the money spent is better spent on other items which offer more performace for the owner.

Your twisted and misleading comments about my shop do not warrant any response publicly from me towards you. Ever since I have taken over the shop we have over 400 satisfied customers who will be more than happy to testify to their satisfaction and our quality of work.

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: 408/588-0075 Fax: 408/588-0089

Griggs Racing, Maximum Motorsports, Evolution Motosports, SCT, Racelogic, H&R, Ford racing, Kenne Bell, MAC, Bassani, Vortech, Koni, Hawk, AFR, Tokico, Baer Racing, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Diablosport, $3 Nitrous Refill

[ September 26, 2005, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: Apexmotorsports ]

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by andyman_2k01:
By the time I left the office, I was so upset as to what I had to pay that the last thing on my mind was what the door looked like.

MAKES NOOOO SENSE AT ALL!

You were mad you had to pay $410, which is, say $90 or so MORE than you were aware of, $150 install subs and $170 for 2 02 sensors. So the $90 enraged you soo much that the 500 to a grand to fix, prep, blend your doors paint was not on your mind [Roll Eyes]

Edit: I have NO affiliation with APEX. Never been there and don't plan to ever go. BUT, I have managed a few service shops and seen too many people jump down my throat RIGHT THEN AND THERE about suspected damage. NEVER have they waited till they got home to look at something so serious, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY "KNEW" IT HAPPENED THEN AND THERE. You say "what was I supposed to do, jump on the lift?" LMFAO, Hmmm, you say, lower my car now (TAKES A WHOLE 30 SECONDS) I want to look at my door you just hit, OR, you say, "did you just hit my door on the post?" so they know about it and when it comes down you have a leg to stand on.

HELL, if my 98 Sentra was getting an oil change and that happened, my woman said, "they hit your door," I'd handle it right away, LET ALONE MY STANG.

[ September 26, 2005, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vote For Pedro!
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Apexmotorsports:
It has been proven that headers on a modular engine do very little for performance when compared to the price and installation costs. That is why they are not a popular upgrade on the modular engines. We have no problems installing or selling them but we believe the money spent is better spent on other items which offer more performace for the owner.

Unless DAMN NEAR EVERYTHING else has been done, this is one of the LAST mods that "makes sense."

I agree with what was said by Apex.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apexmotorsports  Ford pictures for Apexmotorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andy,

#1-I do not understand why you did not address the matter about the damage to the paint immediately. Especially, since you said you saw Jai take a look at the door and your friend "saw" him "damage" it. After the car was lowered from the lift you had more than ample time to inspect your vehicle to see if there was damage.
#2-Our rates are clearly posted at our shop at $99 an hour. There is no reason for us to try and hide this from you. You were also advised there may be additional charges if your car's under-carriage was damaged... which it was.
#3-Your exhaust leak was later found to be caused by TWO items not ONE which we intially diagnosed. Even though we wrongfully diagnosed your exhaust leak. We DID NOT over charge you for the work to fix the leak because we never charged you for the manifold repair. To completely repair the exhaust leak you would have had to fix the exhaust manifold, which we did not charge you for. We only charged you for the O2 sensors and the installation of them.

I will look into your claim of damage to your vehicle tomorrow. The shop is closed tomorrow so I will go there myself and personally inspect the lift and see if there are any "red paint" scuff marks on the lift from your car. If there is, I will gladly pay to have your car repaired. If there is not, then I consider this matter closed.

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: 408/588-0075 Fax: 408/588-0089

Griggs Racing, Maximum Motorsports, Evolution Motosports, SCT, Racelogic, H&R, Ford racing, Kenne Bell, MAC, Bassani, Vortech, Koni, Hawk, AFR, Tokico, Baer Racing, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Diablosport, $3 Nitrous Refill

[ September 26, 2005, 01:35 AM: Message edited by: Apexmotorsports ]

IRISH
¯
Member # 1629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IRISH  Ford pictures for IRISH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 9Venom9:
Vote For Pedro!

post whore!
andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess here is my biggest mistake. Trusting others with my car. From my view the car looked fine after the damage was done. Even from 2ft away you couldn't tell unless you looked at the corner topside of the door. I'll get pics posted asap.
--Mike--
As far as inspecting your lift beam; I hope you do look nice and good, and I can only hope that you will be honest in this matter.

quote:"Our rates are clearly posted at our shop at $99 an hour. There is no reason for us to try and hide this from you. You were also advised there may be additional charges if your car's under-carriage was damaged... which it was."
--This would have all been different if I was actually handed a 2nd estimate.
--Does it cost $99 to install the 02 sensors? Again, a written form would have been nice and solved lots of issues.

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com