Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » what are some good workout supplements? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: what are some good workout supplements?
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know alot of the guys on this board workout and go to the gym alot. So I was wondering what kind of supplements you guys would reccommend to someone who is looking to lose weight and gain more muscle.I have been going to the gym every other day for the last month and 1/2 and have noticed a strength increase but I have only lost about 10 lbs or so. Basically I am not trying to get super huge I just want lean muscle. Any help would be appreciated
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much cardio do you do?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I stacked beverly 7keto musclean and beverly lean out and got perfect results I continue to buy from them because they have proven results
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
how much cardio do you do?

just 1/2 hour to 45 minutes and 45minutes to 1 hour of lifting
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you lost 10 lbs in a month, that is kick ass. Supplements? Hell, I have had the best results of my life in the past six months with only taking vitamins and the correct dosage of protein, carbs, fat, and vegetables. I've cut out processed foods and cut out all supplements, including protein supps. I still average 1 (or more) grams of protein per lb of body weight just with chicken and fish.

You will see other threads...one not to long ago...about supplements that do work. However, unless you plan on taking supps your whole life, they primarily are effective while on them and then when off them...you lose the size, strength, or stamina you gained while on them.

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How tall is everyone and how much do you weight?
6'2" 213lbs here.
What is your ideal weight you want to be also?
I am bulking to 250 and then i am going to cut down to 225.

[ September 19, 2005, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
If you lost 10 lbs in a month, that is kick ass. Supplements? Hell, I have had the best results of my life in the past six months with only taking vitamins and the correct dosage of protein, carbs, fat, and vegetables. I've cut out processed foods and cut out all supplements, including protein supps. I still average 1 (or more) grams of protein per lb of body weight just with chicken and fish.

You will see other threads...one not to long ago...about supplements that do work. However, unless you plan on taking supps your whole life, they primarily are effective while on them and then when off them...you lose the size, strength, or stamina you gained while on them.

what team solo said, 10 lbs in a month is freakin awsome dude... as long as your still loosing weight keep doing what your doing... Its actually unhealthy for you to loose alot of weight in a short period of time.

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
6'2" 213lbs here.

6'2" 265 here

I would like to get down to 225-230. How do I do it?

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
LuvMy04GT
¯
Member # 4791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuvMy04GT  Ford pictures for LuvMy04GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
5'8" 200, hopefully i can get down to 180. deadlifted 365 3times last week goin for 6-8 reps this week [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
who

Posts: 369 | From: Milpitas, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
LuvMy04GT
¯
Member # 4791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuvMy04GT  Ford pictures for LuvMy04GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
woops make that 335 [Big Grin]

--------------------
who

Posts: 369 | From: Milpitas, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
5' 10" 173lbs. I don't put a number on the look/feel that I am going for. Once I am right where I want to be, I'll let you know the weight.

A few years ago, I was a 231# fatass [Eek!]

I used to 'want' to be big. Now I just want to be slim n lean.

--------------------

BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a lot of experience bulking up and losing fat. My best fat loss was 60 pounds in 6 months, that was about 5 years ago. Unfortunately I'm an ectomorph so I'm not a big guy, but I've added 40 pounds of muscle in 5 years. So here's my 2 cents.

First, lose the fat. Forget about bulking until you slim down to the bodyfat level you want to be at. The best and fastest way to lose fat is with a Cyclic Ketogenic Diet (look it up) and supplements to mobilize lipids and keep your metabolism running hot, I use Guggulbolic and Ketoburn 7. All other diets based on calorie reduction will cause you to lose valuable muscle, and your metabolism will slow down.

When you're at the bodyfat you want, it's time to start bulking. Prohormones are a great way to go, but unfortunately our fine leader outlawed them this year thanks to the baseball scandal. Why does the government like to legislate our private lives, I dont' know. So you're screwed there unless you're clever. No other supplements will give you serious results (unless you want to hit the juice, which is serious business).

You don't want to bulk up first because you will get disappointed with your results until you slim down, plus you will inevitably lose muscle when you lose fat. It's just a question of keeping muscle loss to a minimum, which is why you want the ketogenic diet. Also, you cannot lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
quote:
6'2" 213lbs here.

6'2" 265 here

Cardio
Resistance training

And each meal should contain the following:

Protein
Carbs (controlled - only one serving)
Fat
Veggies

Try and make all the foods above not be anything processed. Get your protein from meats/fish, get your carbs from fruits/rice (stuff like that), get your fat from nuts/seeds....and eat veggies.

One of my brothers used to eat a bowl of oatmeal with raisans and a glass of OJ and a glass of milk for breakfast everyday. It 'sounds' healthy, but it is just loading up on a shit load of carbs. He didn't get the right amount of protein and literally had no fat in his breakfast at all.

--------------------

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
quote:
6'2" 213lbs here.

6'2" 265 here

Cardio
Resistance training

And each meal should contain the following:

Protein
Carbs (controlled - only one serving)
Fat
Veggies

Try and make all the foods above not be anything processed. Get your protein from meats/fish, get your carbs from fruits/rice (stuff like that), get your fat from nuts/seeds....and eat veggies.

One of my brothers used to eat a bowl of oatmeal with raisans and a glass of OJ and a glass of milk for breakfast everyday. It 'sounds' healthy, but it is just loading up on a shit load of carbs. He didn't get the right amount of protein and literally had no fat in his breakfast at all.

Thanks! How much is one serving exactly?, and when you say "controlled" does that mean no bad carbs?

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im 5'9 165 now, Before I started lifting on a daily basis (about 2 years ago) I was only 120 lbs... So ive put on about 45lbs about 35 of it muscle.. Ive leveled off latly so I need to start eating more and start taking supliments again..

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50: Thanks! How much is one serving exactly?, and when you say "controlled" does that mean no bad carbs? [/QB]
Well, if you are going to have a glass of orange juice with breakfast, don't have the bowl of oatmeal and the raisans along with it. If you are going to have a serving of potatoes with dinner, don't have that garlic bread to go with it. Many people will not be 'die-hard' and will have to splurge. The best thing to do is to eat in portions of what you eat now . I eat the same amount of calroies that I did when I was 195 lbs. The only difference is that I increased protein and fat calorie intake while decreasing my carbohydrate intake.

Most people think that a low fat diet is the way to go. Not true. People gain fat from excess carbs...they don't gain fat from fat.

[ September 19, 2005, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Team SOLO ]

--------------------

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
- GNC MALE MEGA VITAMIN PAK
- MUSCLE MILK
- GNC 100% WHEY PROTEIN (optional)
- ZANTREX 3

remember, 60% of a rock hard body is the diet...the rest is sleep and a proper workout routine. when it comes to your diet, eat 5-6 small meals a day. keep the portion size to an "ok" amount. keeping your metabolism working constantly is key. eat lots of protein....fish, chicken, vegs, and healthy snacks. stay away from carbs and sugar, or atleast keep them at a minimal amount.

for some good results, when you wake up, go for a run, and that will put your body in a fat burning mode for the entire day. do like a 15-20min jog/run...

after work or school, over even in between, do like a 30-45 workout with weights, and ab work. then repeat the ab work before bed time...

when you work out with weights, it isnt going to be how much you can lift, but HOW long you can continue lifting. dont lift your max right away, but keep your heart rating going. superset your workouts. go from one workout to another, but keep it at a comfortable rate, that you will feel stress and pressure on your muscles.

hope that helps.

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

quote:
6'2" 213lbs here.

I am 6'1 and weigh 230lbs I would like to get to around 210lbs of lean muscle. I am not a fat ass or anything like that I just want to lose the gut and have good muscle definition. I can bench about 280lbs as of last week which I think is pretty decent for me. But like I said i'm not looking to be the next Arnold [Big Grin]

[ September 19, 2005, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: 91 5.0 5speed ]

RobertTS
¯
Member # 1022

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RobertTS  Ford pictures for RobertTS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If u want to loose weight,,use a good cardio workout and take this supplement,,it'll help u out a lot,,"RIPPED FUEL EXTREME" [worship] [worship]
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by boostin1.8:
Im 5'9 165 now, Before I started lifting on a daily basis (about 2 years ago) I was only 120 lbs... So ive put on about 45lbs about 35 of it muscle.. Ive leveled off latly so I need to start eating more and start taking supliments again..

When i started lifting i weight 130ish, that was about 5 years ago now i weight 213lbs.

i lifted heavier than normal today warmed up with 135lbs then did 245 for 10 reps spotted on 2, then i did 265 for 6 reps spotted on 1. then i dropped it down to 205 and did a set of 12. It was good. i just did 135 for 3 sets of 12 on the incline and did 70 dumbells on decline for 3 sets. For a cool down i did flat bench flies with 20lb dumbells 15 reps for 3 sets. Going to max out tomorrow on deadlifts. [Big Grin]

[ September 20, 2005, 02:39 AM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm 5'9 and weight 187.. body fat is still too high.. 18%
For the last two 1/2 months I have been pretty discipline with my diet and work out and so far I've seen noticeable results.
I went from 175lbs with 24% body fat to where I'm now.
I'm have just been trying to loose body fat by doing light weights and lots of reps but I guess my body is still gaining muscle eventhough that's not my goal.

As for carbohydrates... cut down on them, but don't eliminate them.. You will not grow, or it'll be harder to grow if you don't have carbs on your diet. eat complex carbs. If you eat bread, have wheat bread. rice ... have brown rice. Etc. etc.
whatch how many calories you eat.. and do tons of cardio.. i really don't do any, but no my results would be much impressive if i did.
I just hate running. [Razz]
good luck.

--------------------
=(

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
For the last two 1/2 months I have been pretty discipline with my diet and work out and so far I've seen noticeable results.
I'm have just been trying to loose body fat by doing light weights and lots of reps but I guess my body is still gaining muscle eventhough that's not my goal.

As for carbohydrates... cut down on them, but don't eliminate them.. You will not grow, or it'll be harder to grow if you don't have carbs on your diet. eat complex carbs. If you eat bread, have wheat bread. rice ... have brown rice. Etc. etc.
whatch how many calories you eat.. and do tons of cardio.. i really don't do any, but no my results would be much impressive if i did.
good luck.

18% isnt really that bad... when i first started I was at 7% im probebly at about 10% now.. dont wanna go any higher then that cause i hate cardio lol

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:

good luck.

The more muscle you build the more fat you burn. Doing light weights with high reps won't get you defined, its all about diet and cardio. If you lift heavy enough that you build muscle and then do cardio you will see the gains you want to see.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dude.. you said you were at7% body fat when you started? damn.. you must have been a toothpick.. [Razz]

--------------------
=(

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

good luck.

The more muscle you build the more fat you burn. Doing light weights with high reps won't get you defined, its all about diet and cardio. If you lift heavy enough that you build muscle and then do cardio you will see the gains you want to see.
very true, BUT if you do light weights, and do high reps in a cardio fashion, you WILL see gains. that is why, to see great gains, superset your workouts. dont take more then a 30sec. break in-between your sets/excersises.....

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com