Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Ford vs chevy race???? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Ford vs chevy race????
aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yep that was the year and that was THE race of the night. Isn't there a video of it floating around?

I'm not part of the planning this year, but it sounds like they got a better time to do it than last year which was during the day. They have a night time spot at sacto now.

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
what started out as a fun little get together was ruined when somebody wanted to make money off the event...my car was down at the time with alot of others. I am not going to go race a event put on buy a LS1 group. That is just me speaking since nobody gives me money to race I get to chose [Big Grin]

you're entitled to do whatever you think is right. Nor cal LS1 is a club. They are registered as a non profit organization, have liability insurance they pay for, and they fronted the money. There is no reason for them not to want to make money for the club. I know they took almost every penny in the club's treasury and risked it to put on an event. Had the event failed the club would have lost all their funds that they saved up for club members that were made from dues and putting on autox events. It's not like the people in charge were pocketing the money themselves. It is not uncommon for a club to have an event to raise funds for the club. A year ago they had a dyno day and charged for it. The funds were donated to cytic fibrosis foundation.
If you yourself had a club and took out more than 5 grand to rent the track, medical crew, security, workers, etc, would you do it for free?
That's like telling the people running the ca fords show coming up they shouldn't charge because you think they are trying to turn a profit for themselves. Who's paying for the location, trophies, etc. Man-I'm never going to buy girlscout cookies because I know they make money on them. Maybe you should tell sacto not to charge either because they wanna make a profit too.
Like I said, You can do whatever you think is right. I just wanted to show you the other side. If you can afford to put on the event yourself, put in the time to organize it where no one has to pay (that way there's no accusations from others that you are trying to make a profit), then you should do it. You will have a tremendous showing, no doubt about that. And you will be doing a great thing for both ford and gm camps.
But if you can appreciate what clubs or organizations do to put on an event both time wise and moneywise, then hopefully you will go and represent ford and the next event.

--------------------
97 Viper GTS

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by aslowdodge:
quote:
what started out as a fun little get together was ruined when somebody wanted to make money off the event...my car was down at the time with alot of others. I am not going to go race a event put on buy a LS1 group. That is just me speaking since nobody gives me money to race I get to chose [Big Grin]

you're entitled to do whatever you think is right. Nor cal LS1 is a club. They are registered as a non profit organization, have liability insurance they pay for, and they fronted the money. There is no reason for them not to want to make money for the club. I know they took almost every penny in the club's treasury and risked it to put on an event. Had the event failed the club would have lost all their funds that they saved up for club members that were made from dues and putting on autox events. It's not like the people in charge were pocketing the money themselves. It is not uncommon for a club to have an event to raise funds for the club. A year ago they had a dyno day and charged for it. The funds were donated to cytic fibrosis foundation.
If you yourself had a club and took out more than 5 grand to rent the track, medical crew, security, workers, etc, would you do it for free?
That's like telling the people running the ca fords show coming up they shouldn't charge because you think they are trying to turn a profit for themselves. Who's paying for the location, trophies, etc. Man-I'm never going to buy girlscout cookies because I know they make money on them. Maybe you should tell sacto not to charge either because they wanna make a profit too.
Like I said, You can do whatever you think is right. I just wanted to show you the other side. If you can afford to put on the event yourself, put in the time to organize it where no one has to pay (that way there's no accusations from others that you are trying to make a profit), then you should do it. You will have a tremendous showing, no doubt about that. And you will be doing a great thing for both ford and gm camps.
But if you can appreciate what clubs or organizations do to put on an event both time wise and moneywise, then hopefully you will go and represent ford and the next event.

[patriot]

it seemed like last years event was decent, it was just at a shitty time, and ford didnt show up big, but ford still cleaned up [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We'll be there this year if we can get our Procharger fixed from over reving.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nobody had to put up money for the event. That was the beauty of it.It was two groups getting together having fun at a grudge. If my car would have been running last year I probably would have showed up.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

quote:
Nobody had to put up money for the event. That was the beauty of it.It was two groups getting together having fun at a grudge. If my car would have been running last year I probably would have showed up.

Okay, I think I see where you are coming from. You are refering to the grudge TWO years ago, not last years. Last year was the year Nor cal had to pony up 5 grand to rent the track. Two years ago they just ran during the regular sacto races. It was pretty confusing and there was some work involved but I don't think any awards or prizes were given out.
Last year Nor cal put up 5 grand and rented the track privately ( no imports or other cars, just the racers involved) They also gave out trophies and cash prizes to the winners.
Liee i said, I am sure a free event would go over well. If you would take the time to work out the matches, record the times, coordinate with track officials and do it for free so no one paid more than the 45 bucks for normal racing, it might go over well.
But for a few bucks more than the $45 you'd normally pay, you could go to nor cals event, have everything organized, the track privately rented just for you so it's just gm vs ford race after race ( no other cars there), get fed a bbq lunch, and have a chance to win trophies and cash awards. Personally I'd pay the few extra bucks because I'd pay more than the amount they charge to normally run a grugde night and for food and drinks.

--------------------
97 Viper GTS

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hope this goes well this year.

[ June 22, 2005, 05:57 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

dame94
¯
Member # 2932

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dame94  Ford pictures for dame94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

First of all.... are you aware of how much money it cost to rent out sacramento raceway? (over $5000) Did you know that besides money you also need insurance? (which as a non profit - we actually have) did you know we also handed out CASH MONEY, AND real nice trophies last year? .... if you dont want to race at our event thats FINE....... if you think its easy to put on such an event: PLEASE go ahead and try.

I came on here before ( a few months ago) and openly invited ALL of you guys to our event this year (sept 10th) and what happened? my thread got deleted.....

We are NOT making fun at the low turnout from you guys last year- that WAS an issue that was brought up- but were letting the past stay in the past!

were out there to HAVE FUN, not to play silly games with anyone....... again, if you guys wanna come out- feel free...... sept 10th.

Damian

Norcal LS1 President

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by dame94:
quote:

First of all.... are you aware of how much money it cost to rent out sacramento raceway? (over $5000) Did you know that besides money you also need insurance? (which as a non profit - we actually have) did you know we also handed out CASH MONEY, AND real nice trophies last year? .... if you dont want to race at our event thats FINE....... if you think its easy to put on such an event: PLEASE go ahead and try.

I came on here before ( a few months ago) and openly invited ALL of you guys to our event this year (sept 10th) and what happened? my thread got deleted.....

We are NOT making fun at the low turnout from you guys last year- that WAS an issue that was brought up- but were letting the past stay in the past!

were out there to HAVE FUN, not to play silly games with anyone....... again, if you guys wanna come out- feel free...... sept 10th.

Damian

Norcal LS1 President

Damian PM the details of the event and I will make a post for it. I was trying to get them off of the norcal-ls1 site but your forms are throwing a DB error.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

I know that we had some issues a little while back on our site. It should be okay now

--------------------
97 Viper GTS

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for making me aware over and over again how much it costs to put on the race LOL. It has been posted enough I think everybody knows. I also know I raced the Westcoast Fords race at Sac this year and it was 40.00 dollars to run the brackets. Post your details again maybe it will fly over here.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

sorry to repost it, for some reason you just didn't seem to get it, so even if it gets reposted, it still won't fly with you so we'll stop.

To run an organized race with ford vs gm with cash payouts & trophies and bbq, and exclusive private rental of the track, I'd say you got a good deal for $40 bucks. I don't know how west coast fords could afford it, but they must have had connections to get a lower rate than Nor cal because at the price that nor cal is charging, there isn't that much profit. I'd say if your getting all that for less than nor cal, then I don't blame you for running that event over Nor cal. But compare apples to apples,if west coast fords didn't provide everything, than you can't say Nor cal is neccessarily overpriced.
Too bad, it looks like with your cars you could have made some $$ & won a trophy.

[ June 20, 2005, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: aslowdodge ]

--------------------
97 Viper GTS

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when where? how much?..

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why all the talk of previous years races? [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] If you wanna run this year, DO IT.

I am. [Big Grin]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

I started the topic because I am interested in the race [Wink]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sept 10, 2005...calendar marked.

Now how can I bride my wife into letting me go!!!

haha

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
2Stangs...we've got us a race going!!!

You: member number 1951, Oct 2002, 1044 posts.

Me: member number 1981, Oct 2002, 1103 posts.

[burnout]

--------------------

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

LOL kind funny if you think about it.......1045 [Big Grin]

[ June 22, 2005, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad that's all cleared up. [Razz]

Hope to see you guys out there. Maybe there will be a Lightning I can play with in my new truck. [Big Grin]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
Glad that's all cleared up. [Razz]

Hope to see you guys out there. Maybe there will be a Lightning I can play with in my new truck. [Big Grin]

I'll be there in my Lightning. [patriot] [burnout]

[ June 23, 2005, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Jeff S ]

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff S:

GAH! It had to be you. Why not some noob that doesn't know his way around a Ford? LOL

If I get lucky it'll be running by then. I won't be legal to race in the event but maybe an exibition pass or 2. [patriot]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking forward to this event count me in!! [dance] [Razz]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

1/4 HORSE
¯
Member # 5094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1/4 HORSE  Ford pictures for 1/4 HORSE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont know what i have to do to get in, but my car is done and he is starving for some CHEVY'S!
count me in.

--------------------
ya gotta let it do what it do!

Posts: 138 | From: fairfield,ca. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff S:

GAH! It had to be you. Why not some noob that doesn't know his way around a Ford? LOL

If I get lucky it'll be running by then. I won't be legal to race in the event but maybe an exibition pass or 2. [patriot]

[Big Grin] What is not legal about your truck and what are you hoping to run?

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Is everything still on track for 10/10...I picked up another bottle just in case... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com