Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » dan/turbo50 update!! 12/30 worked it out (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: dan/turbo50 update!! 12/30 worked it out
Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangn5oh  Ford pictures for Stangn5oh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ill start this saying...i heard dans the man for motor rebuilds and great guy etc so for years i wanted a motor built by him.

I took out a loan to finally have a motor built by Dan.
Dan picked up my
Block,edelbrock performer heads that needed rebuild, e cam, 1.6 rr, hyp pistons and all miscellaneous internal parts.
Dan said he would be done in 6weeks.
I gave him $1200 before he left my house, aswell as a motor i wasnt using, and a 28oz crank that i gave him within 2weeks.
All above was in late April so ill just say may 2013

Its still not done. But wait im not a careless asshole, ive been very cool with him, not being pushy at all, and am very polite when i speak/text him.
I have not gave him any deadline he keeps tellng me ill get on it, ill make it mg priority, ill have it done in 2weeks etc.

Well thats been going on for months,
He said he barely got my crank done 10/21 and was suppose to deliver within a week.
Since 10/21
He has not responded to any of my texts,phone calls,voicemails nothing.
10/28 he called my bluff when i told him that i was going to post my experience with him on cafords-still nothing. But i didnt post anything.
12/02-i texted " dan, how is my motor? ...no response
12/23- asked for my stuff back agian... no response
12/27 - texted him in short "its not cool what hes doing to me i just want my stuff back etc" ...no response
Again i was always polite to him in all phone/text conversations.
And of course ive texted/called more, this is just in short.

Im not the only one hes doing this too, i have spoke to 2 other cafords member that are in the same situation but they can write tbeir own post if they want.

I will be texting this link to dan aswell. I just want my stuff back already im sorry dan you blew it with me. I cant force you to build my motor, im done beng lied to, and now you moved shops and not responding to me for already months. I and others asked asked you for your new address and nothing.

[ 2013-12-30, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: Stangn5oh ]

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

Hit the gasser, go faster, all u heard was dual exhaust n flowmasters.

Posts: 1643 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Uh oh. We got a badass from San Jose over here.

It suck you're in this predicament but this is just sad. Dan isn't trying to screw you over he doesn't want your p.o.s parts or motor. Dan's got his own set of problems and his own life he's dealing with. Not to mention its the holiday season. Sounds to me like you fuxked yourself by even taking a loan out in the first place. Can't afford it, don't buy it.

I'm sure that as soon as Dan has time to finish your motor it will be done, people have lives and real jobs that bring in 100k a year. This car shit is a side hobby to him and its not priority over family. So calm.your ass down. Because nobody on here really even gives a shit about your problems. Be a man and go see him face to face if it's really all bad, but I stead you hop on the forum and cry like a girl.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:

It suck you're in this predicament but this is just sad. Dan isn't trying to screw you over he doesn't want your p.o.s parts or motor. Dan's got his own set of problems and his own life he's dealing with. Not to mention its the holiday season. Sounds to me like you fuxked yourself by even taking a loan out in the first place. Can't afford it, don't buy it.

I'm sure that as soon as Dan has time to finish your motor it will be done, people have lives and real jobs that bring in 100k a year. This car shit is a side hobby to him and its not priority over family. So calm.your ass down. Because nobody on here really even gives a shit about your problems. Be a man and go see him face to face if it's really all bad, but I stead you hop on the forum and cry like a girl.

Did u read his whole post before u open your mouth. He said that in april dan started his built. Its almost 2014 and thats a long fucking time. I would be piss too if u asked me. I dont know dan but sounds like he has taken to many jobs and cant do them all. Now the guy is not responding. But I do agree with u on going to his place and talking to him.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I'm sure that as soon as Dan has time to finish your motor it will be done, people have lives and real jobs that bring in 100k a year.

This car shit is a side hobby to him and its not priority over family. So calm.your ass down. Because nobody on here really even gives a shit about your problems. Be a man and go see him face to face if it's really all bad, but I stead you hop on the forum and cry like a girl.

X raelsmar x if you were in stang 5ohs position you would be pissed too. Were talking about 1200 $ in cash and a complete motor with aluminum heads which values atleast another $800..so your telling me if someone took you for 2k you would just sit their and wait until he responds even after 8 months which at the point he most likely wont

To the OP I think you messed up by giving him cash upfront people tend to get lazy if you give money upfront. Id suggest going to the new shop and get your stuff back

[ 2013-12-28, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: ed650 ]

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Can you spell DICK because thats what you sound like man. [patriot] [burnout]

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

High-Output Generations CC

Posts: 1669 | From: East Palo Alto, Fiji Islands | Registered: Jun 2012  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not taking sides, but I too would be pissed if I didn't get a response for X amount of months. I've heard nothing but positive things about Dan, but if the OP simply wants his parts back so he can get his car back on the road, then I see no harm there. I'm sure Dan isn't screwing anyone over, but by taking so long after being promised 6 weeks I'd be pissed and worried too.

I hope it all works out for both parties, but I say try to get your parts back and chalk it up as a loss....

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you're not the only one he blew it with bro.. Theres a LOT of people who are unhappy with him and his work recently.. I followed the hype and took my stuff to be put together by him also, NEVER AGAIN WILL I MAKE THAT MISTAKE.. Trust me bro, I know EXACTLY how it feels to be played but you just gotta take it as a lesson learned.. thats what I did.. he has a lot of supporters and UR probably gonna hear people talk shit to you but FUCK THEM.. its not them who got played, it was you.. ur anger is 100% justified..

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yawn. You guys are some little girls. I'd be mad too. I've dealt with waiting on dan for stuff. But you have to deal with it. Like I said, this car shit is just a hobby to him. And I am a dick, so the fuck what? Y'all don't like me? Good.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:
quote:

Did u read his whole post before u open your mouth. He said that in april dan started his built. Its almost 2014 and thats a long fucking time. I would be piss too if u asked me. I dont know dan but sounds like he has taken to many jobs and cant do them all. Now the guy is not responding. But I do agree with u on going to his place and talking to him.
+1 I'd be mad as Fuck too. Don't take on a job regardless if its a side job or not and say it will be done in 6 weeks and 8 month later its still ain't finish.

[ 2013-12-28, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: 98 ROUSH ]

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I think Dan will come through. Obviously things are strenuous for him right now. I've see first hand how cool the dude is. I've called him at 9:30 at night to ask motor questions. This was BEFORE I had ever spoken with him at all. He cares about all his fellow hot rodders and will get back into the groove I'm sure.

With that being said...

Who the fuck are you to go off on this guy for trying to find a way to get his money back? He hasn't been responded to. He asked for the new shop address and hasn't been given it. He can't get a text back. And yes, people have "real 100K jobs". But you don't take money to do a job for somebody unless you can do it in the time allotted. It's simple. You don't stop responding. You are one dumb fuck for going off on this guy who has been very patient.

With that being said now too..

I'm sure it will get resolved, and this won't keep me from asking him to build a set up for me in the future when he's back on his feet. Dudes been a pro on this forum a long time. We all know he's had some recent bad health.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Yawn. You guys are some little girls. I'd be mad too. I've dealt with waiting on dan for stuff. But you have to deal with it. Like I said, this car shit is just a hobby to him. And I am a dick, so the fuck what? Y'all don't like me? Good.

If it's "just a hobby". You can't take somebody's cash and keep playing hobby. You wouldn't understand. Again I'm sure it will get taken care of, but you are a fucking joke.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol I can tell there's going to be some dick ridding already.. I've delt with Dan before never had a problem cool guy, but if you asked to get your stuff back, then I don't see why you shouldn't get your parts back... I don't think the op is being an ass just a guy trying to get his parts done, or not back... Good luck with your situation and hope things work out.

[ 2013-12-28, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: Pure Stang ]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I think you should get off this site if you have nothing good to say besides the main point of this site is for FORD owners which you dont own, I think your better off at an acura website.

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
sleeping stallion
¯
Member # 8162

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleeping stallion  Ford pictures for sleeping stallion    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to hear bout that of course anyone in their right mind would be list I would I've had it happen not threw dan
Dan was still good health wise when he assembled mine he will make things right I'm sure dans a great guy
I'm with the above if u can't afford it why buy it hope it works out

--------------------
1990 coupe HCI Boost
SEMPER FIDELIS

Posts: 1650 | From: Modesto ca | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck man and if you feel like laughing http://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=059511

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SantaClara_Cobra:
Good luck man and if you feel like laughing http://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=059511

Don't forget about the infamous burrito throwing thread. http://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=055010

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
quote:
Originally posted by SantaClara_Cobra:

Don't forget about the infamous burrito throwing thread. http://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=055010
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
ROBBY92COUPE
¯
Member # 11252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ROBBY92COUPE  Ford pictures for ROBBY92COUPE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
he has my girls motor to and my heads and all my other parts he has had it for like 5 months or more car just been parked I call him everyday he don't answer he is a cool guy he did me other motor and took awhile but sayed sorry and told me this one would be done in less then 2 weeks and ever got it back its been to long and I been trying to be nice but I hate when u call someone and they don't answer I told him u can keep all the money I don't care if its done or not ill take it some where else and still no text back but whatever hope u get your motor back man

--------------------
92 COUPE
88 GT DROP
13 5.0 GT
13 SHELBY GT500

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Dude you're a dumb ass. Even if its his side job he is holding someone money. He could at least shoot him back a text or communicate with him.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

You guys crack me up. I'll leave when I get banned. Bunch of little girls.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Let him alone
JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Let turbo50 alone guys! [Frown]

--------------------
"My team doesn't make hits, we hit home runs"
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Posts: 1854 | From: WEST Menlo | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i talked with him on a fluke recently, not to be in his business but if i heard him right his job flew him for training out of state,in between a move, in between building a shop, and now maybe taking a better job out of state, and the load he explained he has at home in his personal life is a load i wouldn't wish on anybody. he told me he was gona have some upset people as he was gona be returning peoples money and there car stuff done or not. this was his hobbie that he did just for the love of it and for u guys, maybe over extended himself, maybe home trouble, but he is not a shop, he was doing u guys a favor for doing 1000 dollar work for a couple hundred bucks and everybody flocked to it, he tried to keep everybody happy, tried to do what he said, hes not a shop and u guys are not his first priority's. he tried his best at what he thought he could do, he clearly stated to me very recently that he was gona be returning peoples money and there parts and he was gona catch shit for it just like this, but normally i would say dont mess with people that work out of there home, or u get what u pay for but in this case alot of guys got lucky for the time that dan was doing work. now welcome back to the real world of no dan super cheap great work hook ups. lol i might be building more motors again lol jk. gd luck besides dan taking long i strongly believe very shortly u will be hearing from him , u will get your money back and all your parts, he is not a thief.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is Dan having a shop fix your parts and then he is putting everything back together for you? If so, you can't blame Dan for the shop taking their time with your parts, i know Dan uses a very busy Machine Shop with the machine work he has done to the motors, I don't think the shop even touched my block for 3 months before they got to it. I knew Dan would build my a badass motor and i am still happy with the results. Just driving the Fastback today i was on my way home listening to how smooth the motor feels and sounds. Its a complete different animal than my last motor. Dan will make things right.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
i talked with him on a fluke recently, not to be in his business but if i heard him right his job flew him for training out of state,in between a move, in between building a shop, and now maybe taking a better job out of state, and the load he explained he has at home in his personal life is a load i wouldn't wish on anybody. he told me he was gona have some upset people as he was gona be returning peoples money and there car stuff done or not. this was his hobbie that he did just for the love of it and for u guys, maybe over extended himself, maybe home trouble, but he is not a shop, he was doing u guys a favor for doing 1000 dollar work for a couple hundred bucks and everybody flocked to it, he tried to keep everybody happy, tried to do what he said, hes not a shop and u guys are not his first priority's. he tried his best at what he thought he could do, he clearly stated to me very recently that he was gona be returning peoples money and there parts and he was gona catch shit for it just like this, but normally i would say dont mess with people that work out of there home, or u get what u pay for but in this case alot of guys got lucky for the time that dan was doing work. now welcome back to the real world of no dan super cheap great work hook ups. lol i might be building more motors again lol jk. gd luck besides dan taking long i strongly believe very shortly u will be hearing from him , u will get your money back and all your parts, he is not a thief.

See. This. Ya bunch of girls.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com