Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » fat loss plans (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: fat loss plans
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
80% of CAFords is fat, I belong to the 20%. [Big Grin]
Posts: 18536 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:

me too, and I am probably one of the older members too.

But on the other hand, we should all be minding our health. One of my favorite quotes.

"Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness." ~Edward Stanley

Justin

It is all in your goals and who you ask. If you ask a dietitian they are going to give you one view. their view may be a little closer to this.
http://www.meals.com/Meals-Tools/Protein-Calculator.aspx

You ask competitive athletes, sports trainers, sports physicians or folks involved in sports medicine you will get results somewhere along here
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/calpro.htm

My take from actual application is that protein consumption outside what a sedentary person consumes is essential for protein synthesis. To put it simple I didnt get stronger or bigger until I upped my protein consumption.

[ March 05, 2012, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
To quote N8;
"As for diet still maintain the 1g of protein for every pound you weigh." This is incorrect.

looking at my college nutrition text book, I get the following formula to determine the proper protein intake;
.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight so when you convert kilos to pounds and run the numbers you get;

300 pounds divided by 2.2= 136
136X.8= 108 grams of protein.

Too much protein can enlarge your kidneys and may worsen existing kidney conditions. Second, Animal protein can be high in saturated fat and saturated fat is a risk factor for heart problems.

I would love to see what your nutrition teacher or the doctors who wrote that book look like. N8 is on point but I do 1.5 grams of "lean" body mass.

--------------------
03 Terminator

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:

I was looking at some of the pictures from cruises and the one thing that came to my mind is that people are going to come up with a stigma that mustang owners are all fat.

--------------------
03 Terminator

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com