Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » fat loss plans (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: fat loss plans
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 4.6 EATIN GM'S:
quote:
Originally posted by triple b:
you cant bulk up and lose fat at the same time one or the other lose the fat and muscle first then bulk up muscle then cut the muscle to lean out that the way its always been

wrong, i have lost 35 pounds so far in 8 months. and while i have been losing wieght and fat i have been converting it into lean muscle. i have lost inches in certain areas and have gained inches in the areas i wanted to. im thinner than i was when i started but im muscular in other areas.
when i started i wanted to get thinner and lose 50-60 pounds but i wanted to bulk up at the same time. i realized i had to focus on one or the other. i chose to convert my extra fat into muscle. i do little cardio to get the heart rate up and then i lift. i started out at 32% body fat and now i roughly 20-22% body fat.i dont eat junk but i also eat the most healthiest stuff either. i take in tons of protien daily and drink tons of water. i also try to eat something small every couple of hours to keep my metabolism going. if you dont eat your body starts to think its startving and stores your fat.

i bet you believe muscle turns into fat if you dont workout too huh

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you really want to lose weight get educated go see a doctor or registered dietitian no your local bodybuilder or heaven sake physical trainer there are people who have a Masters degree in this area and not just "certified" lol if you were really serious you would be asking the right questions to the right people and not on a car website

[ March 03, 2012, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: triple b ]

--------------------
2004 tahoe

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
you really want to lose weight get educated go see a doctor or registered dietitian no your local bodybuilder or heaven sake physical trainer there are people who have a Masters degree in this area and not just "certified" lol if you were really serious you would be asking the right questions to the right people and not on a car website

There are lots of well rounded peeps here. You never know who knows what or has what degree in what. This is a car site, but if someone happened to come along and wanted to write a web service using JSON, I could help them. But oh yea, this is just a car site. No one is supposed to be knowledgeable in anything but right? [Roll Eyes]
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

dont get your panties in a bunch yeah it is just a car site "cafords" lol no i didnt say anyone here is stupid just putting my two cents out there but wait is that ok should I ask you first since you and a "select" few know how to build muscle and lose fat at the same time....jeez maybe you should patent your technique and be a millionare

[ March 03, 2012, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: triple b ]

--------------------
2004 tahoe

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
dont get your panties in a bunch yeah it is just a car site "cafords" lol no i didnt say anyone here is stupid just putting my two cents out there but wait is that ok should I ask you first since you and a "select" few know how to build muscle and lose fat at the same time....jeez maybe you should patent your technique and be a millionare

hahahha. your panties are in a bunch. I am cool, best believe. Like I said, I live it and do it. But to think that people cannot have valid views of nutrition, fitness or anything else because this is a "car site" is kinda single minded.
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Like mike if could be like mike i mean N8

--------------------
2004 tahoe

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Riding a Bicycle instead of driving a car to work would help.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Unwanted sarcasm ^^^

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Big block 66 f100:
quote:

Unwanted sarcasm ^^^
Just get a treadmill and run/walk for an hour to two hours everyday fully clothed and drink alot of water. And watch the calories, find a healthy diet plan that works for you and stick with it. Within a few months you certainly see a huge difference.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

BTW Justin. My brother in law, lost 20lbs in one month using the HCG diet. I am not a big fan of fad diets and this one runs you in extreme deficit mode. But there is also a cat at the gym, that is on it and albeit he is not necessarily on a bulking routine, but he is leaning out extremely fast. May be worth looking into. My only concern with that is sustainability of the loss. I would also research and ask my doc about the HCG thing.
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

HCG is a fad look at the diet HCG with less than 1000k a day diet...any can drop weight on that meal plan with HcG or without no fad diet here i lost 30lbs on diet and exercise alone took 6 months but guess what the weigh didnt come back and now i dont have to be in the gym everyday to stay lean

--------------------
2004 tahoe

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

hahahha. your panties are in a bunch. I am cool, best believe. Like I said, I live it and do it. But to think that people cannot have valid views of nutrition, fitness or anything else because this is a "car site" is kinda single minded.
here we go again i never said anything about not having a "valid" i said if he was seroius he would consult exactly what i mention above if fact if your in sacramento CVS has a sutter outpatient clinic that guarantees 30lbs weigh drop with consults with a MD. ITs legit as as gets no majic powder or drops of chemicals here N8 Your putting shit i didnt say outa context I sure you have valid results but as you said yourself"not everyone can do it like you" saracasim i guess since the rest of us cant be like you

--------------------
2004 tahoe

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

back to fat loss dude if your serious drop fast food and soda and see aleast a 5lbs drop from that alone and then work on cutting carbs to the minimum you dont need to kill your self inthe gym if your diet is shitty you will end being a obese in guy tha can push heavy weights and exercise for an hour but goes home and pounds the the calories you just burned off and then more because the diet control is not there and your hella hungery after a had ass workout= going around in circles

--------------------
2004 tahoe

Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cardio is your friend.

I used to weigh 200lbs back in like 07, I broke my ankle and went all the way up to a peak of 306lbs 0_o

I started a diet May of last year, and May-Oct i went from 300+ to 250, running and eating right. Also in Oct I dislocated my left ankle and haven't been able to do any cardio because of the injury. Now I'm back up to 260, but I was just cleared from the Doc for light cardio so the journey starts again. My goal for the summer is 225ish...

--------------------
Instagram: Raiderjoey
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang
www.soundcloud.com/raiderjoey

Posts: 1001803 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
HCG is a fad look at the diet HCG with less than 1000k a day diet...any can drop weight on that meal plan with HcG or without no fad diet here i lost 30lbs on diet and exercise alone took 6 months but guess what the weigh didnt come back and now i dont have to be in the gym everyday to stay lean

There is a echo in here.
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

There is a echo in here.
Ok I might echo to add any hormone therapy has risk and benefits sometime the risk outweighs the benefits such as in hormone therapy (HCG) the major risk is cancer but then again diets high in fats or calories is also related to cancer too

--------------------
2004 tahoe

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok new plans you guys my new question is how do i maintain the muscle i have already built but cut this fat because walking around at over 300 is taking a toll on my body so for now i need to drop at least 50 pounds asap...

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Big block 66 f100:
Ok new plans you guys my new question is how do i maintain the muscle i have already built but cut this fat because walking around at over 300 is taking a toll on my body so for now i need to drop at least 50 pounds asap...

up your cardio, drop the resistance training down. Start lifting lighter weight, more reps, less rest in between sets. Make use of super-setting too. Then get your target heart rate calculated, and make sure you touch that for at least 70-80% of the duration you are on the machine. As for diet still maintain the 1g of protein for every pound you weigh. And only eat foods you can hunt, forage or grow. Cut out processed foods, fast food and soda. When I shop I tend to "eat clean" (look up clean eating). Also I tend to buy products with 5 or less ingredients, when I can. If you have a smart phone grab the "Water Your Body" app. And use it faithfully. Oh and if you can afford it. Check out Crossfit 209 on Thornton. I go there on and off and it is great exercise and training.
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

eat clean and use the biggest muscles in you body your quads squat and climb stairs slowly concentrate on good form not fast....watchout some of these crossfit place dont care if you blow out your knees or any other joint research man research pros and cons and get a consult

--------------------
2004 tahoe

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Thank you guys for your input all of you guys have good info im going to try and form it to work for me...

--------------------

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To quote N8;
"As for diet still maintain the 1g of protein for every pound you weigh." This is incorrect.

looking at my college nutrition text book, I get the following formula to determine the proper protein intake;
.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight so when you convert kilos to pounds and run the numbers you get;

300 pounds divided by 2.2= 136
136X.8= 108 grams of protein.

Too much protein can enlarge your kidneys and may worsen existing kidney conditions. Second, Animal protein can be high in saturated fat and saturated fat is a risk factor for heart problems.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
To quote N8;
"As for diet still maintain the 1g of protein for every pound you weigh." This is incorrect.

looking at my college nutrition text book, I get the following formula to determine the proper protein intake;
.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight so when you convert kilos to pounds and run the numbers you get;

300 pounds divided by 2.2= 136
136X.8= 108 grams of protein.

Too much protein can enlarge your kidneys and may worsen existing kidney conditions. Second, Animal protein can be high in saturated fat and saturated fat is a risk factor for heart problems.

Not gonna waste my time on this one. Cheers

[ March 04, 2012, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

More info on protien intake:
Once again, to quote N8 "Not gonna waste my time on this one. Cheers"

Where deos N8 get his one gram of protien per pound of bdy weight calculation from?

More food for thought;

Q. How much protein does a bodybuilder need?

A. Medical authorities used to tell us that athletes, including bodybuilders, do not need extra protein. That was wrong. Solid research now shows that both hard training endurance and strength athletes do need more protein than a sedentary individual. But perhaps not as much as you may have been led to believe.

The August 1997 issue of The Physician and Sportsmedicine has the results of the latest research: "Based on a wide review of scientific data, current daily protein recommendations for serious strength trainers are about 0.6 to 0.8 grams per pound (1.4 to 1.8 g/kg)." In other words, a 140-pound strength trainer needs 84 to 112 grams of protein per day and a 200-pounder 120 to 160 grams. If you are just trying to maintain muscle mass 0.6 grams per pound is enough, but if you're training hard to build muscle the protein requirement goes up to the high end of the range, 0.7 to 0.8 grams per pound of body weight.

So the bodybuilding magazines are correct in telling you that protein is the basic building material for muscle tissue, and that strength trainers need more than the average Joe or Jane What they don't emphasize, however, is that the average meat-eating American consumes more than enough protein to meet the needs of the hardest training athlete. Most Americans eat too many calories and too much protein. Protein conscious bodybuilders probably overshoot their need for this critical nutritional element by even more. Eat a balanced diet and consume enough calories to meet your energy needs and you will probably be getting more than enough protein for maximum muscle gains. (I make it a practice to consume some high quality protein with every meal or snack.)

By the way, female athletes usually have proportionally less muscle mass - and more fat - than male athletes; therefore, they need less protein as well. Nitrogen balance tests show that female endurance athletes require about 25% less protein than men. Female bodybuilders probably need a little more protein than that, because they have more muscle than other female athletes.

--------------------

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Lets have some fun.
Suppose a 300 pound CAFORDS member follows N8's 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight? how do you meet it.
You could consume 6 cans of star light tuna to get 300 grams of protein, but then you also get 1500 calories.
What about fats and carbs? 1500 calories of protein does not leave much room for fat and carbohydrate calorie needs.

[ March 05, 2012, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: cobraracer46 ]

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
Lets have some fun.
Suppose a 300 pound CAFORDS member follows N8's 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight? how do you meet it.
You could consume 6 cans of star light tuna to get 300 grams of protein, but then you also get 1500 calories.
What about fats and carbs? 1500 calories of protein does not leave much room for fat and carbohydrate calorie needs.

SMH.... look I gave my advice. You gave yours. You didn't look up anything in any nutrition book. You googled, plain and simple. But just to play your google game.

quote:

"As mentioned earlier, the RDA is 0.8 grams per kilogram of lean bodyweight (U.S. Food and Nutrition Board, 1980) for sedentary adults. For infants and children the RDA is doubled and tripled because of the rapid growth rate they experience. How did the researchers come up with this RDA and arrive at the figure that has been shunned by the bodybuilding community? Studies using nitrogen (a component of protein). have been conducted to see how much protein is used and absorbed before an excess condition results.

Researchers looked at the nitrogen balance and made comparisons to see if a positive or a negative balance had been occurring. They observed the outcome by comparing the amount of nitrogen excreted with the amount ingested, and then they determined whether or not protein was accumulating in the body, remaining at the same level, or decreasing.

The nitrogen balance test uses nitrogen loss in the form of sweat, urine, feces, shedding of skin, and loss of hair on a day-to-day basis. If there is a positive balance in nitrogen levels, it means there has been more nitrogen ingested than excreted, and so, tissue growth can be a direct result. A negative balance shows researchers that more nitrogen is being excreted than taken in, and this means, of course, that more protein is being lost than produced. Basically, the protein requirement for sedentary adults involves replacing routine losses-the task, so to speak, is to keep the leaky bucket topped up.

So why did researchers in North America come to the conclusion that the RDA is only a rationed 0.8 grams per kilogram? Well it seems they concluded that 0.36 grams per kilogram of lean bodyweight in protein is lost per day. With a safety margin in place, it has been bumped up to 0.45 grams per kilogram of lean bodyweight, and then bumped up again to approximately 0.75 grams per kilogram. This is to replace the amount which may be lost during digestion, as well as making up for a lack in quality of protein.

The general protein requirement for sedentary adults is just enough that if one follows this guideline they will supply themselves with enough amino acids to replace each day's loss without allowing for exercise and the growth of muscle tissue. It's ironic that the RDA for children (who are experiencing growth) is greater than the RDA for adults. The Academy of Sciences and the nutrition board insist that exercise (which leads to musculo-collagenous hypertrophy among other changes in the body) doesn't generate an increase in one's protein requirements (1). Note that RDA can vary from place to place; Russia, Denmark, and Britain have different RDA standards.

Exercise adds a new dimension to the issue because the body, with an increased need for protein, has to rely heavily upon dietary sources rather than draw from it's own stores. If this need is not met during exercise then the body will start to draw upon its muscle tissue as a source. Though it may seem that humans don't need much protein, the facts haven't been established as to how much an exercising individual should be taking in.

Recent research shows that the RDA doesn't appear to meet the needs of exercising adults. One of the top researchers in this field, Dr Peter Lemon, stated in a recent review paper that, "the RDA for those engaged in strength training should be about 1.7 - 1.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body mass per day". Dr Lemon came to this conclusion after citing several studies (Fern, 1991, Tarnopolsky et al., 1992) which used amounts of protein ranging from 1.3 - 3.3 grams of protein per kilogram of bodyweight.

At Kent University researchers tested 3 different groups of people:

1. On a low protein diet which was 0.9 grams of protein per kilogram of bodyweight.
2. Another group eating 1.4 grams of protein per kilogram of bodyweight.
3. A group eating 2.4 grams of protein per kilogram of bodyweight.

Both sedentary and strength training groups were involved. The results showed that 1.4 grams resulted in protein synthesis while there were no changes in the low protein group and, finally, the group that ingested 2.4 grams of protein did not see any more increased protein synthesis than the 1.4 grams of protein group.

Another study conducted at the Letterman Army Institute of Research in San Francisco showed that subjects on a higher protein intake (2.8 g/kg/day), coupled with intense strength training, gained a whopping 3.28 kg (7.2 lbs) of lean mass. The study was done over a 40-day period and the subjects were trained to near exhaustion (2). Another study of weightlifters over a 3 month period, with the protein increased from 2.2g/kg/day to 3.5 g/kg/ day, resulted in a 6% increase in muscle mass and a 5% increase in strength (3).

Susan M Klieiner, who holds a PhD in nutrition and human performance from Case Western Reserve University, states in her book, Power Eating, that for muscle building an intake of 1.6-2.2 grams per kilogram of bodyweight is recommended. Dr Michael Colgan, in Optimum Sports Nutrition, claims that the RDA doesn't meet the needs of athletes who train in an intense fashion. So, the evidence provided by some of the highly regarded "experts" in this field indicates that the addition of extra protein has been shown to display positive effects which produce muscle growth. "

And you do realize there are other sources of protein besides tuna right? Like I said earlier, I am not talking out the side of my neck. I am speaking on actual practices that I employ and have prescribed to others that is currently yielding results. Justin is an intelligent fellow. I am sure he could have just sat at home and googled till his heart was content. But I am sure he wanted to know what others are actually doing that works.

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com