Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Owning a boat.... (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Owning a boat....
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by need-a-cage:
. The only problem is that the kids will be out of the house by then!!

A, ask Barrie, you can afford a boat that doesnt require a bunch of your time.
B, get one soon while kids are young, best times ever with the family floating!

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
looks like im going to be joining the boat owners club. I pick up my 2005 reinell 217 BR this friday! cant wait to hit the lake!

Congrats, we frequent Lake Sonoma and/or Berryessa almost every weekend these days. Hitting up the Delta to check out the moth ball fleet this weekend. Hopefully we can get all boats on the water together some time!

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
looks like im going to be joining the boat owners club. I pick up my 2005 reinell 217 BR this friday! cant wait to hit the lake!

Congrats, we frequent Lake Sonoma and/or Berryessa almost every weekend these days. Hitting up the Delta to check out the moth ball fleet this weekend. Hopefully we can get all boats on the water together some time!
Thanks! I'll post pics Friday

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice pics. Thanks for rubbing it in you bastard!!!!!!!! I just need to get one of my friends with a boat to invite me out to the lake!!!!

Dude, even if I could afford the boat I couldn't afford the gas it would cost to go every weekend! How the hell can you go out that much.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Nice pics. Thanks for rubbing it in you bastard!!!!!!!! I just need to get one of my friends with a boat to invite me out to the lake!!!!

Dude, even if I could afford the boat I couldn't afford the gas it would cost to go every weekend! How the hell can you go out that much.

They don't burn much gas. If you fill it up once it will last all summer lol. Unless you got a jet boat. The one im getting has a 40 gallon tank. Most folks I talk to say they "might" fill it up twice all summer. Its not like driving a car

[ 2013-04-24, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: East Bay 50 ]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
quote:

They don't burn much gas. If you fill it up once it will last all summer lol. Unless you got a jet boat. The one im getting has a 40 gallon tank. Most folks I talk to say they "might" fill it up twice all summer. Its not like driving a car
LOL, not true, you'll see. Craig it's sooo worth it and WAY cheaper than vacationing etc (which boating is to me, ahhhhhh) My Tahitti has a 15 gallon tank that I can go through if I'm playing hard ALL day on the lake. The Yamaha has a 50 gallon tank, at W.O.T. it burns 28 gallons per hour (twin engine jet boat.) LOL, don't let that fact trick you, I'm never at WOT that long. I've spend FULL days with friends and families on the lake with the Yami and never used over 15 gallons.

Boating is the most relaxing then in the world whether you're alone, with friends or with the family! Kicks ass to also spend $14 per night for a boat in camp spot at Lake Sonoma Craig! In my opinion you SAVE money owning a boat, LOL!

Can you tell I really love owning a boat/s?

Craig, that yellow boat ahead where Rhyan is juming in the water, that is Barries boat. Has a 5 liter in it I believe. Also, the night shot was during last summer at 8:45 on Lake Sonoma. We spent $15 on some sandwiches from Subway and were on the water in 80 degree weather for 3 hours after work. Talk about relaxing.... Maybe spent $12 bucks in boat gas crusing at night. Can't beat the value man!

More favorites:

-

-

-

-

Reason we went to a larger boat ;-)

-

-

[ 2013-04-24, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, anyone that only fills the boat up once or twice only goes out once or twice or doesn't ski or tube behind the boat. I single ski so it uses a ton of gas pulling me up and I also use a lot throwing the kids around on the tube. My dad's 73 Tri-hull with an 85 horse V-4 Evinrude would go through close to 17 gallons on one day of skiing. If we beached right next to the ramp we could get away with a little less. It has 2 6 gallon tanks and I would have to bring an extra 5 gallons with me. I am also referring to the gas it takes to tow the boat to the lake at 10mpg. I like Berryessa so that is where I would be going.

Don, yes I have been in Barry's boat twice. I towed it to Berryessa behind my Ram a couple years when Barry, my cousin, and I went. The family and I met him at Sonoma for a day on the lake when he was camping there a couple years ago. Damn, it was probably 3 years ago that I towed it to Berryessa. I don't think he had it for long when we did that trip and that was the last time I was there, unless you count when I drove the Stang around the lake up there to break-in my new trans and clutch.

I want one but my wife is dead set against it. I'll keep working on her.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Oh, and kicking back with a Shock-Top on Lake Berryessa sure sounds good right now!!
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And here's where my small boat comes in handy. I have a 12' Portabote with a 5hp nissan outboard. Only goes about 15mph with two people @ 3/4 throttle, but I can spend all day out on the water and only use about 1 gallon of gas. The car we drive it to the lake with gets about 35mpg, and since the boat folds up they think it's a board of some sort and only charge us for general admission. [Smile] Seats 3 adults and 1-2 children depending on their size.

-

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Have a few camping trips to Sonoma and Mendo coming up, you're always welcome Craig!

--------------------

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm going to Clearlake this weekend. Going for my first ski behind my new to me boat.
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
I'm going to Clearlake this weekend. Going for my first ski behind my new to me boat.

good luck with that lake...eeeewwwie... I was up there last weekend, the water is still half way decent. But DONT BOTHER PUTTING YOU BOAT IN THAT LAKE AFTER JUNE!

PS... hope your really good at skiing so you don't have to swim much.. lol

-

[ 2013-04-24, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: 68dustin ]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:

Why all the way up there? Assume you're staying in once of the places on the water?

--------------------

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

quote:
Originally posted by FivePTSlow:
And here's where my small boat comes in handy. I have a 12' Portabote with a 5hp nissan outboard. Only goes about 15mph with two people @ 3/4 throttle, but I can spend all day out on the water and only use about 1 gallon of gas. The car we drive it to the lake with gets about 35mpg, and since the boat folds up they think it's a board of some sort and only charge us for general admission. [Smile] Seats 3 adults and 1-2 children depending on their size.

-

I did lose some weight, but still don't think I can ski behind that. LOL!
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

quote:
Have a few camping trips to Sonoma and Mendo coming up, you're always welcome Craig!

One of these days I'll have to take you up on that!

Hey, you keep saying how relaxing it is, but loading all that stuff into the Tahiti in that one picture doesn't sound relaxing! Did you get your wife to do it for you? LOL! That brings back memories of going to Berryessa with my parents in their tiny 1962 14.5'boat with a 50hp Merc on it and trying to pack everything in there. The boat would barely move on the way to where we beached it. Then we would unload everything and all the extra people to ski. We had to get up on doubles and kick a ski off because the boat didn't have enough power to get us up on the single.

It is relaxing at the lake, but it is a lot of work to get everything ready to go and then put away when you get home. Camping for a few days makes all that work more worth it though.

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Why all the way up there? Assume you're staying in once of the places on the water?
A good friend of mine has a house on the water with access to a ramp.
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
quote:

Hey, you keep saying how relaxing it is, but loading all that stuff into the Tahiti in that one picture doesn't sound relaxing! Did you get your wife to do it for you? LOL! That brings back memories of going to Berryessa with my parents in their tiny 1962 14.5'boat with a 50hp Merc on it and trying to pack everything in there. The boat would barely move on the way to where we beached it. Then we would unload everything and all the extra people to ski. We had to get up on doubles and kick a ski off because the boat didn't have enough power to get us up on the single.

It is relaxing at the lake, but it is a lot of work to get everything ready to go and then put away when you get home. Camping for a few days makes all that work more worth it though.

Boating is for some people, other people not so much ;-)

We plained ALL the way across the lake at 25 (3/4 throttle) with 3 adults, 2 kids and all that stuff. Making it fit was like playing Tetris. Could have easily made 2 trips but I was good at Tetris as a kid so I gave it a shot. That 105 hp on the back pushes the Tahitti well and all the stuff has a place in the garage so what looks terrible to you is 30 minutes time back then ;-)

Also we don't pack lite when camping. That black roll is a carpet for entering the tent etc. We bring a shit ton of stuff because it makes it easy. The boat we have now will COMFORTABLY accomodate 5 times that stuff and 10 passengers so we'll really be camping in style now!

Camping with the family is worth any issue, have come up with some ever lasting experiences boat camping!

-

-

-

[ 2013-04-24, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Boating is for some people, other people not so much ;-)

We plained ALL the way across the lake at 25 (3/4 throttle) with 3 adults, 2 kids and all that stuff. Making it fit was like playing Tetris. Could have easily made 2 trips but I was good at Tetris as a kid so I gave it a shot. That 105 hp on the back pushes the Tahitti well and all the stuff has a place in the garage so what looks terrible to you is 30 minutes time back then ;-)

Also we don't pack lite when camping. That black roll is a carpet for entering the tent etc. We bring a shit ton of stuff because it makes it easy. The boat we have now will COMFORTABLY accomodate 5 times that stuff and 10 passengers so we'll really be camping in style now!

Camping with the family is worth any issue, have come up with some ever lasting experiences boat camping!

-

-

-

what lake is that? looks kinda like Indian valley?

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Top two are far off coves in Lake Sonoma. Tubing pic is Lake Mendocino

--------------------

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

A good friend of mine has a house on the water with access to a ramp.
Same here. House on the water and I might be up there this weekend as well. Mainly to fish though.
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im bringing the runners up to meeks bay in lake tahoe, cant wait!

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Past 5 days, ahhhh. Taking the newer boat out again tonight after work!

-

-

-

--------------------

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

I'm heading out this sunday.. gonna lounge and do some fishing... had a few set-backs but this will be my first time this year.. [Smile]  -

--------------------

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is what we just picked up.

-

-

-
 -

-

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com