Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » lets see your wakeboard boat setups! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: lets see your wakeboard boat setups!
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If anyone wants to check out some cool boats and great wakeboarding, theres an event this weekend at Lake Tulloch called Springride. Its put on by a group called CIE. Check it out.....

http://www.wakeworld.com/event.php?event_id=3102

[ May 02, 2012, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: WIKD 281 ]

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
can never go wrong with a centurian, everyone i know with one has had zero issues.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not mine ... But a members -4eyecharge ... Not sure what year it is ,but it's fun as hell on the lake  -

[ May 02, 2012, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: 87droptop50 ]

NutNice707
¯
Member # 5123

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NutNice707  Ford pictures for NutNice707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My 2 Hoop D's [Big Grin] Cigarette Boat Is Next This IRide Is Way To Small...

-

[ May 02, 2012, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: NutNice707 ]

--------------------
07 F-250 Crew Cab
02 Corvette Z06
67 Cougar XR-7
72 Chevelle
07 CLS 550

Posts: 806 | From: Sacramento To The Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn you guys have some baller ass boats.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow great advice! More than i expected thanks fellas lots of good info i didnt know. I can definitly feel the difference with the higher end boats with zero vibrations. Im looking to wakeboard more then anything with a nice big wake. Not worried about fitting a ton of people since most of my lake buddies havw there own boats

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
Jesse
¯
Member # 312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse  Ford pictures for Jesse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 65mustang408:
Wow great advice! More than i expected thanks fellas lots of good info i didnt know. I can definitly feel the difference with the higher end boats with zero vibrations. Im looking to wakeboard more then anything with a nice big wake. Not worried about fitting a ton of people since most of my lake buddies havw there own boats

Sounds like a 21' boat would work perfectly for you. The nice thing about that size boat is that most of them will fit in your garage at home. My X2 fits in my 2 car garage with my Mustang. That'll save you some money over storing it somewhere else or letting it get faded in the backyard. And it sure is nice to get home from the lake and not have to go drop the boat off somewhere else after cleaning it.

As far as the MC line goes you could get an early X-Star ('02 and older) or a 2003-2004 X2 might be in your price range with a few more hours on them.

For Wakeboarding a V-drive (engine in back of boat) will help with the bigger wake. Direct Drives (motor in middle of boat) would work with additional ballast, but then you have people spread out.

If you've got friends with boats just start throwing gas money at them and offering to clean the boat with them. [Wink] They'll appreciate it and you'll move to the top of the invite list.

Jesse

Posts: 1342 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jesse is right on....
Nice being able to fit the boat inside the garage [Big Grin]

2002 SANTE
 -

--------------------

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

(4) 12w7's
 -

--------------------

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Custom carbon fiber NVS deviants....
 -

--------------------

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

-

--------------------

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How do you like those deviants? I have a pair of prodigys on mine. What Amps do you use

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

quote:
Originally posted by 93coupessp:
How do you like those deviants? I have a pair of prodigys on mine. What Amps do you use

Love the Deviants. I think the one thing that really made them come alive is the zapco dsp6 digital processor. Ryan at chucktronics did the entire install and a bunch of work to them. From Adding sound deadening to the inside of the boxes to dialing in the crossover frequencies, Im happy [Big Grin]
oops, sorry- forgot to answer your other question- powering each Deviant with a Zapco Reference 1100.1 He sent the amps into Zapco to get re-tuned so they put out 1300 watts@4 ohms.

Stereo build thread:
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777879

[ May 03, 2012, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: WIKD 281 ]

--------------------

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WIKD 281:
quote:

Love the Deviants. I think the one thing that really made them come alive is the zapco dsp6 digital processor. Ryan at chucktronics did the entire install and a bunch of work to them. From Adding sound deadening to the inside of the boxes to dialing in the crossover frequencies, Im happy [Big Grin]
oops, sorry- forgot to answer your other question- powering each Deviant with a Zapco Reference 1100.1 He sent the amps into Zapco to get re-tuned so they put out 1300 watts@4 ohms.

Stereo build thread:

Are you worried about anyone possibly kicking one of the W7's since that box cut off the walk way?

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:
quote:

Stereo build thread:

Are you worried about anyone possibly kicking one of the W7's since that box cut off the walk way?
Yeah, thats always a possibility.......Its gonna hurt your foot tho! When those things are humpin' they're moving in and out about 5 inches [patriot]

--------------------

Jesse
¯
Member # 312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse  Ford pictures for Jesse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow! That's a lot of stereo! I use my walk through to block the wind to put my contacts in at the end of the day. [Frown]

I'm using a WetSounds 3 some on the tower with a WS amp and EQ and the factory Clarion stuff in the boat. Needles to say I pretty much just run the tower...

Jesse

Posts: 1342 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Stereo build thread:

Ryan did my boat too. I also use zapcos

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

quote:
quote:
quote:

Stereo build thread:

Ryan did my boat too. I also use zapcos
[patriot] Right on man! You have the old bonecrusher? Nice boat! Whats your system layout?

--------------------

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

quote:

Sorry for kind of derailing your post here! What are your thoughts so far on the boats out there? Do you have a family you will be taking out? Day trips or weekend camping? [patriot]

--------------------

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

[/qb][/QUOTE]Ryan did my boat too. I also use zapcos [/qb][/QUOTE] [patriot] Right on man! You have the old bonecrusher? Nice boat! Whats your system layout? [/QB][/QUOTE]

Yes this is the old cie boat I bought from billy. Not sure the exact specs on the amps but there's four zapcos one driving four arc audio 12's one driving the 6 jl audio 7.7 interiors one driving a pair of prodigys and one driving a pair of Modus. It has a matrix line driver. I know the amps are tuned with a laptop this shits a little out of my league lol. All I know is it's a great loud crisp sounding system with no games to play the install is spot on I'll I have to do is make sure the batteries stay charged lol

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

do you have to extensively modify your alternators/add more to power these systems?

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

quote:
Originally posted by svfreerider87:
do you have to extensively modify your alternators/add more to power these systems?

I run four batteries and a single alt.

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

quote:

Ryan did my boat too. I also use zapcos [/qb][/QUOTE] [patriot] Right on man! You have the old bonecrusher? Nice boat! Whats your system layout? [/QB][/QUOTE]

Yes this is the old cie boat I bought from billy. Not sure the exact specs on the amps but there's four zapcos one driving four arc audio 12's one driving the 6 jl audio 7.7 interiors one driving a pair of prodigys and one driving a pair of Modus. It has a matrix line driver. I know the amps are tuned with a laptop this shits a little out of my league lol. All I know is it's a great loud crisp sounding system with no games to play the install is spot on I'll I have to do is make sure the batteries stay charged lol [/QB][/QUOTE]

Right on man [patriot]
Always nice buying something that is already dialed in and you dont have to Fuc* with it [Big Grin]
Nice setup [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

quote:
Originally posted by svfreerider87:

Is this a trick question? [Big Grin]
You dont have to.......but its nice to have!
I run 7 group 31 deep cycle batteries with a 210amp Balmar alternator. I've fried (2) 150 amp alternators that didnt have "smart"regulators. The balmar setup has been upgraded with custom pulleys to run (2) alternator belts and a "smart" regulator that has a temp. gauge built in. When the alterator gets too hot it will automatically decrease amperage output to allow the alternator to not overheat and kill itself.
[patriot]

--------------------

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Sorry for kind of derailing your post here! What are your thoughts so far on the boats out there? Do you have a family you will be taking out? Day trips or weekend camping? [patriot]
haha no problem this stereo shit is a whole ne world to me! So far im leaning towards a sanger or a xstar. Any thoughts on tige'? I will be doing day trips and camping on shore for the weekends and just drop anchor next to my camp. My fam is small just my wife and 3yr old son

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com