Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Smog Clean as whistle (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Smog Clean as whistle
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:
Originally posted by username1822:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CobraCoupe:
Nope, smog check inspection manual for BAR says -3/+3 as a standard unless manufacturer says otherwise

show proof
http://www.bar.ca.gov/80_BARResources/05_Legislative/RegulatoryActions/Smog%20Check%20Manual%20w-diesel%208-09%20V3.pdf

Page 26.

Looks like you need a refresher.

thank you i guess i was wrong an the rule change evey year
It has been + - 3 for years this is not something new. Back in the dark ages when I was first doing smogs( I was liscensed for 15 years) it was retarded as much as you wanted. You should have seen some of the stuff I could get to pass lol. Of course you couldnt drive them off the lot.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Nope, smog check inspection manual for BAR says -3/+3 as a standard unless manufacturer says otherwise

show proof
http://www.bar.ca.gov/80_BARResources/05_Legislative/RegulatoryActions/Smog%20Check%20Manual%20w-diesel%208-09%20V3.pdf

Page 26.

It has been + - 3 for years this is not something new. Back in the dark ages when I was first doing smogs( I was liscensed for 15 years) it was retarded as much as you wanted. You should have seen some of the stuff I could get to pass lol. Of course you couldnt drive them off the lot.
been 11 years for me an yes i have done crazy shit to make pass to an i remember back in the day you just had to reduce emission to make pass pull a plug wire test it it fails reinstall plug wire it passes
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

show proof

Page 26.

been 11 years for me an yes i have done crazy shit to make pass to an i remember back in the day you just had to reduce emission to make pass pull a plug wire test it it fails reinstall plug wire it passes
hey dave hit me up, my boy needs some work on his cobra
95331StrimVert
¯
Member # 6250

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95331StrimVert  Ford pictures for 95331StrimVert  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hello Stangers, Thanks for the words. Yes, I'm at 10 degrees base timing. My lawn isn't in the best shape. I sold the 71 vette:-( It's was too nice to keep. I was allways worried someone would door ding it.

--------------------
95331StrimVert

Posts: 398 | From: Martinez ca | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Zeke34
¯
Member # 9432

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Zeke34  Ford pictures for Zeke34    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice numbers... BTW very nice ride as well.

--------------------
Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming that Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.

95331StrimVert
¯
Member # 6250

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95331StrimVert  Ford pictures for 95331StrimVert  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks

--------------------
95331StrimVert

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 95331StrimVert:
Hello Stangers, Thanks for the words. Yes, I'm at 10 degrees base timing. My lawn isn't in the best shape. I sold the 71 vette:-( It's was too nice to keep. I was allways worried someone would door ding it.

A little aeration..seeds..perhaps some lawn green stuff and you should be good to go. The most important thing is to water that lawn consistently and often (trust me I have like three full sized lawns at my house and I thought "rain" would take care of it this time of year....NOT [Mad] Don't let it go too long or it is going to be hard to recover (might have to cut out that side section and put new sod in if you let it go any longer). Nice numbers on the smog. Now if I could only get my car to smog liker yours [Smile]

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
95331StrimVert
¯
Member # 6250

This crack me up:-) My lawn is the issue here. lol. Thanks for the advise though. good luck on your smog, i bet the 4-cat setup will treat you well.

--------------------
95331StrimVert

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 95331StrimVert:
This crack me up:-) My lawn is the issue here. lol. Thanks for the advise though. good luck on your smog, i bet the 4-cat setup will treat you well.

The reason is that your car look sooo good in the picture....then we see the lawn..just kidding [Razz] I will try to do a picture write up of the pipes I got from Magnaflow. Hopefully it will clear the MM rear suspension pieces (crossing fingers).

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
95331StrimVert
¯
Member # 6250

Hey Cobra Man,

Please be careful to closely inspect the inside of the pipes and welds. All for cats looking like this:
 -

-

--------------------
95331StrimVert

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com