Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Got a ticket from CHP...guess how much fellas (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Got a ticket from CHP...guess how much fellas
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a ticket 3 weeks ago for 80 mph, no front plate and tinted windows in the Eagle Talon. $551.00 effin dollars! Heres the list of fees which I looked up on the net for this. Front plate fees: base fine $25, state PA $30...huh, county PA $21, DNA PA $6, court PA $15, surcharge $5, EMS %6. Total for that $108.00. Tinted windows is all the same fees so another $108.00. Now the speeding part, base fine $70, state PA $70, county PA $49, DNA $14, court $35, surcharge $14, EMS $14....total $266.00. This state is such a fuckin' joke and we'll still not have any more money when they get mine. Watch out everyone and don't give them any reason to pull you over if you can. [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, I'll make sure not to smash anytime soon.
xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Speeding *illegal*, no front plate *illegal*, tinted front windows *illegal*, if you brake the law be prepared to pay the consequences (fines). CHP did his job IMHO

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree with the illegal part but you have to agree $500 bucks for 80mph is ridiculous. I got an 80 in a 65 and it was $98 (lowered by the judge) years ago before this bankruptcy nonsense.

It's sad that California just rapes the working class to make up for their budget mismanagement.

8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Now days no traffic ticket under 400! [BS flag]

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I haven't had a ticket under $300 in years, I got a tinted window ticked once, I had my passenger window all the way down and the driver side up about an inch and he gave me one [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
I agree with the illegal part but you have to agree $500 bucks for 80mph is ridiculous. I got an 80 in a 65 and it was $98 (lowered by the judge) years ago before this bankruptcy nonsense.

It's sad that California just rapes the working class to make up for their budget mismanagement.

If you were to re-read the OP, it clearly states $216 of that $551 is for the no front plate and tinted windows, so the speeding ticked is actually $335....

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Unfortunately ladies and gentlemen the State is ready to Rape us repeatedly. This state is off the hook right now so watch out. We have all run off road pipes, tint, no plates etc etc. on our stangs for years but I suggest now we look at changing a bit following the law to the letter because the cities,counties and state will GET YOU. I absolutely hate this state and will be moving ASAP if my lay off happens.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
djlopez916
¯
Member # 8787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for djlopez916  Ford pictures for djlopez916  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the plate and tint is a fix it ticket so its only 10 bux for the correction

--------------------
89 GT VERT work in progress
05 v6 stang
97 Ford expedition

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
tint is not illegal, you can have 70% on front windows. [patriot] but then again who puts 70% on thier cars...lol

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah front plate & tint is a correctable ticket $25 fee per correction. Went up from $10 each. $108 is the cost if yo don't correct it. Speeding on the other hand you screwed on. Ask the judge for community service instead

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I did a light tint on my front windows so I wouldn't get a ticket. I also don't want to get cancer like I've seen from many people I know in the construction field. When I went through Nevada recently all the cop cars there have tinted windows so there department actually cares for there officers. The sun is just as powerful here as there which leads me to believe the state really doesn't care that much about there officers. The front plate I took off because it looks stupid on sports cars and everyone is gonna agree with me on that. Yes the officer did his job but I tried to reason with him about the tint but he doesn't care, he is just a controlled robot doing what his superiors are telling him and like everyone else is securing his job in a troubled economy. It was a light tint, not dark and asking to be pulled over but did not care for my safety from the sun. F this state man. If I didn't own a business here I'd be gone myself. Blatant mis management here and we all gotta pay $300 to $500 at a time. If we all just obey the law, we'll put the law out of business. Don't speed everyone. [dance]

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
Originally posted by xvt's 85 5.0:
Speeding *illegal*, no front plate *illegal*, tinted front windows *illegal*, if you brake the law be prepared to pay the consequences (fines). CHP did his job IMHO

Your absolutely right sir about some of that. But he failed. I have a modified exhaust which he should have wrote me up for he heard it for sure. If your gonna hammer me then hammer me, get me for everything and do your damn job. Do you have a mustang ? You probably do and did you love it from the factory with that wonderful restrictive stock exhaust? You modified it and made sound better, flow better and make more power like the rest of us did. You broke the law sir and be prepared to pay for it when the officer pulls you over and happily pay those fines. If your a cop then your a hypocrite and you know you can get out of it unlike the rest of us. I think you missed the point. I will pay fines when they make sense and there not extortion because the lack of mismanagement.

--------------------

WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My wife just got ticketed in my F250 for my 35% tinted window. The same cop hit me for it a few months back. He called for back up and told my wife if he pulled her over again in my truck with the windows still tint, he would arrest her. [BS flag]
CompSVT
¯
Member # 7392

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CompSVT  Ford pictures for CompSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fight it by mail I'm 3 for 3 got my money back everytime for the state and 1 of the tickets was for double the speed limit and state ref [Big Grin] . They dont get paid OT when you flight it by mail they have to do that on their free time so your chances of winning are pretty good.
xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
quote:

Your absolutely right sir about some of that. But he failed. I have a modified exhaust which he should have wrote me up for he heard it for sure. If your gonna hammer me then hammer me, get me for everything and do your damn job. Do you have a mustang ? You probably do and did you love it from the factory with that wonderful restrictive stock exhaust? You modified it and made sound better, flow better and make more power like the rest of us did. You broke the law sir and be prepared to pay for it when the officer pulls you over and happily pay those fines. If your a cop then your a hypocrite and you know you can get out of it unlike the rest of us. I think you missed the point. I will pay fines when they make sense and there not extortion because the lack of mismanagement.
I didn't mss the point I've paid over 10k in fines tickets thanks to speeding street racing, but I don't complaint about it, what I'm trying to say you know your breaking the law be ready to pay the consequences why even complaint about it, it's not like you got ticketed for something you didn't have/do.

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
Originally posted by CompSVT:
Fight it by mail I'm 3 for 3 got my money back everytime for the state and 1 of the tickets was for double the speed limit and state ref [Big Grin] . They dont get paid OT when you flight it by mail they have to do that on their free time so your chances of winning are pretty good.

Wow man, thanks for the reply on that because that is a useful tip for us all. I normally don't speed at all on the streets and get it all out at Laguna Seca and such. I was just trying to pass some jerkoff clogging up the freeway like we all do and didn't see the cop at night. I just may try this out here and see how it works out and do a little more research first. I'm speaking out for the little people here on this one. The hard working people who have low paying jobs who this would be very detrimental to.

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
quote:
quote:

I didn't mss the point I've paid over 10k in fines tickets thanks to speeding street racing, but I don't complaint about it, what I'm trying to say you know your breaking the law be ready to pay the consequences why even complaint about it, it's not like you got ticketed for something you didn't have/do.
Again...it's the ridiculous amount for which there trying to make us pay. The fines are more than double because the state is broke. How can I say this more clearly

--------------------

xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Again...it's the ridiculous amount for which there trying to make us pay. The fines are more than double because the state is broke. How can I say this more clearly
go read my post no one is trying to argue, is very simple there's consequences to braking the law, you either decide to brake the law or not. like I said I been in your shoes with a lot more fines than you, but why even complaint about it, I still break the law almost every day with far more than just speeding but I'm ready to face my consequences, you want people to side with you for breaking the law? specially here where many cops post.
The fines seem pretty normal for something you got on the mail, once you show up to court is going to get lowered by almost 50%

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Come on man you've got to be kidding me 10K in fines so your telling me you paid fine after fine and smiled? $500 to me is alot of money thats almost a months groceries for my family and it is a damn shame some people cant show a little bit of sympethy for the working class

You must be a very rich man, I understand the man broke the law BUT speeding is a little different a law than stealing or killing. I got pulled over sunday night doing 80mph as well by CHP and he let me go with a warning I was happy as hell cuz had I got thagt ticket id be done for

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

quote:
Originally posted by SHOalex:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Come on man you've got to be kidding me 10K in fines so your telling me you paid fine after fine and smiled? $500 to me is alot of money thats almost a months groceries for my family and it is a damn shame some people cant show a little bit of sympethy for the working class

You must be a very rich man, I understand the man broke the law BUT speeding is a little different a law than stealing or killing. I got pulled over sunday night doing 80mph as well by CHP and he let me go with a warning I was happy as hell cuz had I got thagt ticket id be done for

I'm not rich but you have to understand the cops are doing their job, and if I break the law regardless of what the offense is I'm going to pay for it and not complaint about it because I knew I was breaking the law. if I get off with a warning *lucky*

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

15mph ABOVE the posted speed limit, I think the fines you received are more than fair.

I received a ticket recently for cell phone use while driving. $138.... I KNOW IT'S ILLEGAL, I'M NOT COMING ON HERE BITCHING ABOUT HOW MUCH THEY CHARGED ME. If they charged me a grand they could, EVERYONE KNOWS IT'S ILLEGAL, JUST AS YOU KNOW EVERYTHING YOU WERE WRITTEN UP FOR IS ILLEGAL......

Play you pay.....

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hmmm, why do they charge you so much..... IF THEY GAVE YOU A $30 TICKET FOR SPEEDING YOU WOULDN'T CARE........ Now it'll be in the back of your head.........

[burnout]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

[/qb][/QUOTE]I'm not rich but you have to understand the cops are doing their job, and if I break the law regardless of what the offense is I'm going to pay for it and not complaint about it because I knew I was breaking the law. if I get off with a warning *lucky* [/QB][/QUOTE]
Again, he didn't do his job. He shoulda got me for modified exhaust but he didn't. Hammer me. Let me have it because I'm asking for it your point. He's supposed to do his job like I do mine right? He failed. Again he failed. You know why? Because he knows how much this is all gonna cost me so he over looked my exhaust...that's why. He knows it's all [BS flag] too and let it go. He know exactly how much it's all gonna cost because he writes tickets all day. Uh oh... I think I got ya there [Eek!]

--------------------

xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

quote:

I'm not rich but you have to understand the cops are doing their job, and if I break the law regardless of what the offense is I'm going to pay for it and not complaint about it because I knew I was breaking the law. if I get off with a warning *lucky* [/QB][/QUOTE]
Again, he didn't do his job. He shoulda got me for modified exhaust but he didn't. Hammer me. Let me have it because I'm asking for it your point. He's supposed to do his job like I do mine right? He failed. Again he failed. You know why? Because he knows how much this is all gonna cost me so he over looked my exhaust...that's why. He knows it's all [BS flag] too and let it go. He know exactly how much it's all gonna cost because he writes tickets all day. Uh oh... I think I got ya there [Eek!] [/QB][/QUOTE]
so maybe you should be happy instead, he cut you some slack

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com