Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » People with new coyotes quick question. (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: People with new coyotes quick question.
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by swedensky:
That's not true, I haven't once taken a CAFords member from what they wanted to originally do. I'm not gonna pressure someone when I have to come on here and ask for repeated referrals, there are quite a few people on the forum I have suggested to wait before buying a car.

And we CUDL with credit unions, but as a first time car buyer he is most likely going to receive 6.9%+ (that's IF he has established more than 2-3 paid rotating accounts of at least $1-3000) where if he wants to go through Ford and give up $1000 in rebate he can most likely walk out with 3.9% as a first time buyer.

Any of the people on this forum that have money, know money, and are good with money will suggest to take the route with the lowest interest rate. If you can't afford the payment on that situation then don't buy it, but why pay more interest and toss more money just to get something now??

OP I'm here to help, not to sell. You can ask for help from any one you'd like, just keep in mind when you want help you usually go to a professional or someone who does things for a living...not a hobby or people who like to interject their opinions when they don't know what they're talking about. (if you need an example ask all the people that took their motors to Dan instead of a full shop to save money....hahaha sorry couldn't resist.)

sorry but the dan quote was classic! thanks for the laugh I was having a shitty day and that made me feel better!!

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
quote:
The dealer I plan on going to is a family friend so I doubt he will try to get over on me, but I do want to see my options.

be careful on that if your family member is just the salesman cuz the sales manager on duty ultimately makes the decision on what deal is offered. the salesman is just a middle man.
I think he is the sales manager not 100% sure. Either way I'm going to check around.
as a sanity check i would also inquire online on getting some internet quotes and see how far you can drive the price down,using that as a reference when you're negotiating in person. some salesman depending on the stealership are more willing to wheel and deal via the internet while others send you some bs full msrp quote. i tend to go w/ the ones that you can smell their desperation to gain your business. of course use kbb as well.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
The dealer I plan on going to is a family friend so I doubt he will try to get over on me, but I do want to see my options.

be careful on that if your family member is just the salesman cuz the sales manager on duty ultimately makes the decision on what deal is offered. the salesman is just a middle man.
I think he is the sales manager not 100% sure. Either way I'm going to check around.
as a sanity check i would also inquire online on getting some internet quotes and see how far you can drive the price down,using that as a reference when you're negotiating in person. some salesman depending on the stealership are more willing to wheel and deal via the internet while others send you some bs full msrp quote. i tend to go w/ the ones that you can smell their desperation to gain your business. of course use kbb as well.
truecar.com & edmunds.com will let you find dealer invoice price on brand new cars. I used that as my starting level to negotiate on our new car. Ended up getting the car for 3% under invoice which is pretty good for the type of car we bought. Had to buy it out of state, but that was fun anyways.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

truecar.com & edmunds.com will let you find dealer invoice price on brand new cars. I used that as my starting level to negotiate on our new car. Ended up getting the car for 3% under invoice which is pretty good for the type of car we bought. Had to buy it out of state, but that was fun anyways.
Ill look into those sites and do a little studying see what I can negotiate.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would plan a trip to future ford in sac and go through tyler. He won't waste your time. Hes gonna let you know what he can and can't do for you. I have bought 2 fords from him and both times went smooth and gave me a great deal.

--------------------
91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not to mention that Edmunds and Truecar DO NOT show specific invoices..they will show an average based on the type of car/options...

I am fine showing the invoice to the exact car, regardless of what car lot it is sitting on....

I actually just got home tonight from delivering a car to a members house...in OAKLEY. There's desperation and there's taking care of your family/friends/peers. If you talk like you got screwed over once before all I can think is why you bent over in the first place.

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com