Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Triple Crown Auto... Scam (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Triple Crown Auto... Scam
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have my car for sale on Craigslist and on the board. Today, I received a call from "Ryan" ( (916) 801-6046 ) a guy posing as a private buyer. He acted very interested in my car, but said he couldn't meet me at my house because he had to pick his kids up. However, he said he would be in Orangevale area and asked if I would meed him at Madison and Greenback. I said sure, I had no problem with that and I had no reason to think anything of it.

I exchanged several phone calls with this guy and as I got near where we were suppose to meet, he calls and says he is running late. He asked me if I would drive across the street to Triple Crown Auto that Alex and Dan are expecting me... I said sure, at this time not sure what to expect. I am starting to assume it is a scam, but I was thinking maybe these were his buddies...(ignorance on my part)

I pull up and I ask for Alex or Dan; however, they are both busy, so another guy named Colby comes out takes a look at my car. He runs the VIN and asks for my keys so he can take it for a test drive. While he is gone, I call "Ryan" and he says, "I am on my way, Alex will take care of you until I get there".

While Colby was on the test drive, I went inside to Triple Crown's office and waited for a few minutes. At this point, I figured out there was no Ryan. I should have just left, but I figured I already have an hour of time and gas invested, so I'll wait and see what they offer.

30 minutes after getting there, Alex tells me he just got off the phone with the owner and he is low balling you at $2,500, but if you drive to the other dealership in Roseville, the owner is there and when he sees how clean your car is he will give you at least another $500, maybe even $1,000...

Anyway, moral of the story is I got played and burned, but I did learn a lesson. However, I am more than a little annoyed and I would advise everyone on this board to stay away from this dealership and to those selling their cars to beware... From now on, if someone is interested in my car they can come to me!

Rant over.

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
we should all call say we have 6k cash and ask if they have a car similar to yours in stock
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What were you asking for your car, i know those guys over there. Were they never intending to buy the car what was the scam? Or was it a realy low offer and they never intended to offer close to what you were asking. Just wondering

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is their website

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/index.jsp?dealership_view_name=www.triplecrownautosales.com

They also advertise on Craigslist,

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ctd/1739657922.html
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ctd/1737935172.html
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ctd/1735346668.html

The list goes on, they over 153 ads...

I made my own Craigslist Ad for them though,

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1739702788.html

I feel like a chump... I should have known. I let these pukes get over on me and then low ball the shit out of me. Admittedly, my car probably doesn't much desire to those on this board because it is slow and stock, but it is still clean and worth way more than $2,500... I think I want to spit!

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Triple Frown Auto [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
What were you asking for your car, i know those guys over there. Were they never intending to buy the car what was the scam? Or was it a realy low offer and they never intended to offer close to what you were asking. Just wondering

Honestly, I did not know it was a dealership. I received a call from a person named "Ryan" this morning. He told me he was a stay at home dad and couldn't make it to my area, but was going to be in Orangevale area before 1600 hours(4pm) and if I could meet him at the Jack N' Box on Madison and Greenback.

Assuming it was a private buyer I said sure... I would never knowingly go to an auto dealership to sell my car. I am not in a hurry to sell my car, but I did just get a good deal on a Prelude from my aunt, so I need to make room. But we all know used car dealerships are in the business of making money and I expect them to low ball.

This guy Ryan was bait to get me out there and then they attempted to hook and sink me...waste of time and to me that is worse than the low ball.

Reputable, professional businesses shouldn't be pulling this crap.

rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Oh, check this out, while I was there I never heard from "Ryan", but about 20 minutes ago I receive a call from a blocked number and guess who it is... "Ryan" calling to apologize that we couldn't make a deal and telling me that most of the time it works out both parties.. Dealer gets new inventory and seller gets asking price [Roll Eyes]

I can't believe this guy actually called me back... the lengths that some people will go; shameful.

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shoulda told him to fuck off and Thanks for wasting your time..
Oh and your post has been flagged by the way.. Not by me either.

[ May 13, 2010, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: 89point. ]

quickblue302
¯
Member # 7912

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for quickblue302  Ford pictures for quickblue302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Honda boy...
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

quote:
Originally posted by 89point.:
Shoulda told him to fuck off and Thanks for wasting your time..
Oh and your post has been flagged by the way.. Not by me either.

Good call, I have more time than I know what to do with...

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1739789041.html

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Se habla espanol! I'll give you 2500 and ill come pick it up! Sounds like they are the equivalent to the Nigerian check scammer when it comes to auto dealers. Had you running around town like you were training for the triple crown.

When selling shit on CL:
Lesson 1: do not go out of your time to sell anything, ever! Make them come to you, otherwise you look like a desperate clown. [BS flag]

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
Se habla espanol! I'll give you 2500 and ill come pick it up! Sounds like they are the equivalent to the Nigerian check scammer when it comes to auto dealers. Had you running around town like you were training for the triple crown.

When selling shit on CL:
Lesson 1: do not go out of your time to sell anything, ever! Make them come to you, otherwise you look like a desperate clown. [BS flag]

what the hell is the nigerian check scammer

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
419eater.com learn it!

[ May 14, 2010, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: Yaterstang ]

rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

quote:
Originally posted by quickblue302:
Honda boy...

My vtec just kicked in, yo... [Embarrassed]
I never thought I would be driving a Honda, but a good deal is a good deal.

No shit, I was Triple Crown's bitch for the day [BS flag] I still cannot believe "Ryan" called and said he was sorry we couldn't come to a deal. Guy can F himself.

After posting that on CL I got a call from another dealer who saw my post. He seemed straight up and told me he was a dealer, who felt bad and wanted to come closer to my number... still not interested.

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Your boy Ryan just put up a 95 Acura NSX for sale for 8K. LOL, i got this one handled. He might be giving away a free lawnmower tomorrow too.
JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Boy, the way the story goes, you are lucky that the car wasn't taken in the so called test drive. Always inquire and make them come to you. If you go make sure it's your territory to know what area is good and what to do for an emergency. And if so, strap up or have a buddy strapped.
Posts: 824 | From: Union City, California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1740097752.html

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/zip/1740099945.html

Lets see what happens when people start bombarding him at 7AM for the free lawnmower.

rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

quote:
Originally posted by JOEFOX87:
strap up

Sig Sauer goes with me everywhere
[Big Grin]

rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

So, it seems that my CL ads are annoying Triple Crown and "Ryan"...

I received an email from Ryan Mauch <mauman72@gmail.com>

and it simply stated this,

"Honestly there was no ill-will intended. I really was hoping to buy your car. I should have made our apt. Please accept my apologies.

(916) 801-6046"

[BS flag]

I tried to respond to the email, but I keep getting an error... [Roll Eyes]

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1740142431.html

[patriot]

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Think of this any time you go to a car dealership
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV5e7WFp3m4&feature=youtube_gdata
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4foUAaOrt38&feature=youtube_gdata

No joke they even play this movie In the dealerships and laugh on how true this movie is

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say we all spam this Ryan guy reposting that beware ad and continue to list ridiculously priced items with his number. He ll enjoy the late night calls

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

LOL the free riding lawnmower blew him up. Its been flagged already. Lets see, what else could he be giving away? Maybe a 69 fastback for 10 grand?
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow, a phone rep pretending to be a private buyer got you down to a dealership who offered you 2500 on a 4800 asking price?!?

That's low! I would continue posting the CL ad for months to come and also post your experience on all the local automotive sites.

These guys probably do this all the time thinking it's ok to dick people around.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who wants a clean sonic blue 15k mile cobra ryan is selling for $15k?
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1740456474.html

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Anybody looking for an ipad for 350? LOL

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com