Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Triple Crown Auto... Scam (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Triple Crown Auto... Scam
Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
Someone should post up some fake hooker ad's with their number on it.

Fuck Triple Crown. My mom took vert Corvette there to trade in on an Escalade. They took it for a short "test drive". When it got back to us, it had like 90 extra miles on the odometer, and smelled like burnt rubber. AND they lowballed the shit out of her.

why would you allow ANYONE to drive your car without you being there? 90 extra miles = around 1 1/2 hours, I'd would fuck somebody up for taking my car for that long especially if im not there.

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No dude, it was 90 extra miles, but in about 10 minutes. and they always take cars out while you stay and talk to the salesman over there. I'm like 90% sure they did that to the OP as well...
Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
No dude, it was 90 extra miles, but in about 10 minutes. and they always take cars out while you stay and talk to the salesman over there. I'm like 90% sure they did that to the OP as well...

thats sounds kinda weird, 90 miles in 10 minutes is impossible,even if they got on the freeway and did 200mph they still would have been gone close to an hour... the burned rubber and low ball I can believe but 90 miles in 10 minutes you sure it wasnt longer...
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

do you smoke purple rocks by chance b/c there do way in god green earth the put 90 miles on the car in ten min
93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68stanger:
quote:
Someone should post up some fake hooker ad's with their number on it.

Fuck Triple Crown. My mom took vert Corvette there to trade in on an Escalade. They took it for a short "test drive". When it got back to us, it had like 90 extra miles on the odometer, and smelled like burnt rubber. AND they lowballed the shit out of her.

why would you allow ANYONE to drive your car without you being there? 90 extra miles = around 1 1/2 hours, I'd would fuck somebody up for taking my car for that long especially if im not there.
this... x 2. it's your car. don't let anyone test drive it without you. on second thought, u shoulda been driving it with them riding bitch if they felt the need to test drive it.

[ May 16, 2010, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: 93ReefBlue5.0 ]

Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wasn't my car guys. Mom felt no need to go on the test drive. and at the most, it was maaaayybe 20 minutes. i don't super clearly remember the events of the day... it was over a year ago. But, i'm pretty sure she filled her tank before heading to the dealer, and reset her trip-odometer. and thats the only reason she noticed all the extra miles when she got home.

and you are aware that the odometer still reads during burnouts/doughnuts, right?

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
wasn't my car guys. Mom felt no need to go on the test drive. and at the most, it was maaaayybe 20 minutes. i don't super clearly remember the events of the day... it was over a year ago. But, i'm pretty sure she filled her tank before heading to the dealer, and reset her trip-odometer. and thats the only reason she noticed all the extra miles when she got home.

and you are aware that the odometer still reads during burnouts/doughnuts, right?

90 miles of straight burnouts or donuts = exploded/shredded/bald tires/engine damage/diff damage/transmission damage....

here is what I think happened,you showed up to sell the car.They took if for a drive and drove the shit out of the vette,came back low balled the asking price.You guys got mad and left.

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Man, I love CAFords. haha

I just agree that Triple Crown sucks. my mom took her Vette there to trade-in on an Escalade, there was no "asking price", but she hoped and expected more than $10k on a low mileage C5 vert. they offered her $8k and told her "that offer is only good for 48 hours"... I didn't go with her. She was gone probably an hour to an hour and a half. I don't clearly remember. But when she got home, she noticed the trip meter said she drove close to 120 miles. She lives off Fulton and Arden. So i looked the car over and it stunk like burnt rubber. The rear wheel wells had a lining of dried rubber residue. I DO remember that, cuz I washed it off.

in closing; Fuck Triple Crown Auto

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry but your mama's a fucking liar.
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:

Oh yeah, I think your a spy for triple crown, that's what I think!!!

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:

Oh yeah, I think your a spy for triple crown, that's what I think!!!
LOL, me?
Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel50  Ford pictures for Daniel50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

you really cannot honestly think they put 90 miles on a car in ten minutes. if your drove the car 180mph it would take 30 minutes to put on 90 miles. its simple math

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
97 Cobra: Sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

Posts: 1017 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phonso302:
quote:

90 miles of straight burnouts or donuts = exploded/shredded/bald tires/engine damage/diff damage/transmission damage....

You showed up to sell the car. They took it for a drive and drove the shit out of the vette, came back, low balled the asking price. You guys got mad and left.

Sounds right.

90-miles in 10-minutes means they averaged 540mph for those 10-minutes. If you are going to bad-mouth a business, at least tell the truth (by the looks of things, nobody has to exaggerate the practices carried out by this particular business anyway)

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
quote:

You showed up to sell the car. They took it for a drive and drove the shit out of the vette, came back, low balled the asking price. You guys got mad and left.

Sounds right.

90-miles in 10-minutes means they averaged 540mph for those 10-minutes. If you are going to bad-mouth a business, at least tell the truth (by the looks of things, nobody has to exaggerate the practices carried out by this particular business anyway)

Very true, BBB rates the business a F... that says it all in my book.
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Thats a little bit of an exaggeration there. 90 miles in 10 mins in a car?

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
can anyone confirm that this ryan dude got fired???? [Confused]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Hanson:

I would think ryan is just a name,they probably use all kinda names and if he did get fired GOOD thats what he gets for being a con man
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I would think ryan is just a name,they probably use all kinda names and if he did get fired GOOD thats what he gets for being a con man
Why would a dealership fire an employee who tried to bring them business? Dealerships are a ripoff so don't expect the management to do something about it. They probably encouraged him to do more of these "scams" lol

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh and btw i bet Ryan doesn't exist there anymore.. Just the name, they renamed him already lol

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
who wants a clean sonic blue 15k mile cobra ryan is selling for $15k?
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1740456474.html

lol

"only selling to fund a business venture and wedding. serious only please

no lowballers and scumbag dealerships posing as private buyers."

Called about the low mile cobra they told me to come on down they said I better be fast cuz their getting alot of hits on it , so there doing a bait and switch please put somthing other then the car on the add these guys just don't learn !

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707
¯
Member # 6243

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707  Ford pictures for AIRFORMANCE MOBILE AUTO A/C 707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

your chris hanson you should be able to figure it out [Big Grin]

--------------------
1993 red cobra
1973 celica chevy 406/t5/narrow 9
1969 camaro
1992 lx hatch

SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
coming soon this guy will be posting on here. lmao.

i called and he said he knew of cafords and what was going on from sum guy on bay area racing site. so maybe he will post and add some flavor lol

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SlowStockFox:

i called and he said he knew of cafords and what was going on from sum guy on bay area racing site. so maybe he will post and add some flavor lol

That guy doesn't want none of this, we'll hand him his ass for playing with a member here!

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:
Originally posted by SlowStockFox:

That guy doesn't want none of this, we'll hand him his ass for playing with a member here!
well said [patriot] [burnout]

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com