Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » Vendor's FOR SALE Section   » 99+ Taillight Tint *PICS* Check it out!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 99+ Taillight Tint *PICS* Check it out!
Autobadges Guy
¯
Member # 1657

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autobadges Guy  Ford pictures for Autobadges Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys,

I know a lot of you were wondering about this tint..whether its good quality, how it will look installed. Whether they look like crap ON the lens and especially how they would look at night. Well thanks to Kuplex as a customer with these, he was able to provide before and after shots of them and night shots. The night shots are when the lights are just in the ON position and the other is with the brake pressed. As you can see they look BEAUTIFUL at night just the same! Let me know if you have any questions guys!
$65 shipped for the complete rear...3 pieces to each taillight...easy install!

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ December 27, 2004, 02:16 AM: Message edited by: Autobadges Guy ]

--------------------
CUSTOM AUTO badges
www.autobadges.com
sales@autobadges.com

www.SHOWSTANG.com

Posts: 143 | From: los angeles | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes I have thought of this. Somebody did it a while ago to a 5.0.

They removed the lense and sprayed the inside with VHT nightshade or some tint stuff. I've just been too busy to mess around and experiment...

Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
00NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 1010

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00NIGHTMARE  Ford pictures for 00NIGHTMARE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hmmm im wondering what that would look like on a black mustang. I like it though.

--------------------
00 black GT w/saleen kit & rims
T-Trim 597RWHP 475RWTQ 1.79 60. 11.2 @ 131.9 on 91 tune, not me driving. Built and tuned by Nextgen.

Posts: 533 | From: Livermore again | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i've seen it on a mach 1, its that brownish silver color, i dunno what it called, but it looks tight on that color, but on that yellow stang, i dunno, its up to you though...but question is, IS IT LEGAL???? [Confused]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sf89lx:
i've seen it on a mach 1, its that brownish silver color, i dunno what it called, but it looks tight on that color, but on that yellow stang, i dunno, its up to you though...but question is, IS IT LEGAL???? [Confused]

The answer is no. Anything that can effect the visibility of the reflectors or alters them from the legal colors is not legal. Just like those stupid covers are illegal.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
5.0ford
¯
Member # 3962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0ford  Ford pictures for 5.0ford    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sf89lx:

r half the things u do to ur car legal?

--------------------
1993 Hatchback - mac cai, bbk full length headers, underdrive pulleys, 3.55's

Post Whore's Anonymous! coming to a thread near u.

Posts: 829 | From: milpitas/san diego | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
GTChink
¯
Member # 293

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GTChink  Ford pictures for GTChink    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's illegal if the cop wants them to be illegal. Mercedes AMG rear taillights come smoked STOCK. Thus, it all depends what the cop thinks.

I bought a VHT Nightshade can from SummitRacing and just sprayed the lights. Done.

[ December 19, 2004, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: GTChink ]

--------------------
1999 GT Twin Screwedsold.

Posts: 477 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by GTChink:
It's illegal if the cop wants them to be illegal. Mercedes AMG rear taillights come smoked STOCK. Thus, it all depends what the cop thinks.

I bought a VHT Nightshade can from SummitRacing and just sprayed the lights. Done.

How did the Nightshade stuff work for you? Does it look Lame or does it look as good as Autobadges tailights?

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Autobadges Guy
¯
Member # 1657

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autobadges Guy  Ford pictures for Autobadges Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
quote:
Originally posted by GTChink:

How did the Nightshade stuff work for you? Does it look Lame or does it look as good as Autobadges tailights?
the bad thing with spray:

one it won't be clear coated and look SEMI dull.....and two. how are you going to take it off if you get pulled over? you have to get new lights or scratch the crap out of them.

With ours, you get pulled over....PEEL off..done!

PLUS we now carry SMOKED not only blackout...50% lighter!!!

We have headlights, foglights, 3rd brakelights, to match!!! LEt me know if your interested!

oh and go to my site

www.autobadges.com under VINYL DECALS you will see a BLACK cobra with them on!!!
 -

--------------------
CUSTOM AUTO badges
www.autobadges.com
sales@autobadges.com

www.SHOWSTANG.com

Posts: 143 | From: los angeles | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was Looking to do it to my F-250 and my LX

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com