Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Anyone ever race gokarts?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone ever race gokarts?
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know BizKitBrain was a kart racer on his offtime, but since he doesnt come around here much, I was wondering if anyone else has ever raced gokarts? I know its probably not as fun as racing real cars, but from what I've heard and seen, it is probably more affordable and still a thrill!

Anyone have any input on kart racing? Any specific karts to look into? How can one get started racing/open tracking? [burnout]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

eldog68
¯
Member # 12928

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eldog68  Ford pictures for eldog68    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they do an all day race class at sears point, i mean, Infineon raceway. Saw some pics and video. He said it was hella fun. Probably could get a lot of info out of something like that.
Posts: 263 | From: el Dorado hills | Registered: May 2013  |  :
4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've never gotten all the way into it, but I've had a few race karts and seen what it takes to race them. its just like any other motorsport, you have to stay current and it takes money to do so. Before you know it you have a trailer, 2 karts, 3 backup motors and a plethora of other crap you never planned on buying. They are fun to rip around in though. [Big Grin] [patriot]

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

redsaleen
¯
Member # 5565

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redsaleen  Ford pictures for redsaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive been into them for the past couple of yearsand in that time ive gone to infineon practice days about 6 times. I can tell you that it is the most thrilling experience ive had behind a wheel. The acceration, gforces etc are comparable to other open wheel race cars. If youve never tried it you should.
I have a few shifter karts but i hear the non shifters are a blast too. Dont get these mixed up with malibu grand prix style fun karts, these are serious racing machines that require some serious skill to be good. Most of the professional racers out there have gotten their start in karting and continue to race them keep their skills sharp. Just look up michael schumacher and lewis hamilton, they still race karts. Im no expert, but Pm me for more details id be happy to share more of what ive learned in the last couple of years.

redsaleen
¯
Member # 5565

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redsaleen  Ford pictures for redsaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive been into them for the past couple of yearsand in that time ive gone to infineon practice days about 6 times. I can tell you that it is the most thrilling experience ive had behind a wheel. The acceration, gforces etc are comparable to other open wheel race cars. If youve never tried it you should.
I have a few shifter karts but i hear the non shifters are a blast too. Dont get these mixed up with malibu grand prix style fun karts, these are serious racing machines that require some serious skill to be good. Most of the professional racers out there have gotten their start in karting and continue to race them keep their skills sharp. Just look up michael schumacher and lewis hamilton, they still race karts. Im no expert, but Pm me for more details id be happy to share more of what ive learned in the last couple of years.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com