Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Pics/Video (now up!) from NASA @ Infineon 2/11/2012

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Pics/Video (now up!) from NASA @ Infineon 2/11/2012
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As many of you may know, I went to NASA Nor-Cal's season opener at Infineon this past weekend, 2/11/2012. This was my first time running in HPDE 3 after getting signed off at my last trackday last season. The pace was significantly quicker and the drivers were more aggressive than what I was used to in HPDE 1/2. Don't get me wrong though...it was a blast and I needed the change badly [Whoo Whooooo!]

The morning weather was pretty crappy: misty, wet, and cold. But by my 2nd session, the track dried and the sun was out. I basically used my first session as a refresher to try and practice what I learned last year, then by my 2nd, 3rd, 4th sessions I was able to pick up the pace a bit. The group was a lot smaller and WAY less traffic on the track in comparison to running with HPDE 1/2, which was GREAT to say the least [dance]

Getting on the track after a few months of downtime was kind of difficult. I had to re-learn my car since I overhauled the entire front suspension, got a new steering wheel, new seat, and new brake pads. Though it was tough, I slowly got re-acquainted with the car and gained more confidence as time went by. I still need to drive it more to really get used to it though [Embarrassed]

All in all it was a great day! I tried to push myself in certain places and tried to brake later at certain turns. Subsequently, I wasnt used to the new brakes + the new handling, so my line was thrown off, especially in T4 and T6. Hopefully by my next outting in March I can review my videos and try to correct my line.

For now, here are a few pics that Mitch from F.O.D. took for me. Big thanks to the F.O.D. team for coming out to show some support. I took Jonathan on a ride during my 2nd session and I think (or at least I hope) he now has the bug to get out on the track [Wink] The video is of various clips from my four sessions that I compiled together.

Any all all feedback is greatly appreciated! I'll admit though, I was pretty sloppy the whole day being that the car felt completely different and I was simply rusty from being out of commision since last September (i know... excuses, excuses [Big Grin] )

link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxFIzBWbHN0&feature=g-upl&context=G285ca80AUAAAAAAAAAA

-

-

-

[ February 16, 2012, 01:53 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice, sounds like fun [Smile]

I was out at streets of willow this past sunday, the track photog hasn't uploaded the pictures from the day yet but they got some cool ones.

Barely missed me getting a point by from a caddy cts-v that was murdered out in matte black and had toyo tires sponsorship stickers all over it, lol if they caught the point by with me behind him I would have bought a wall print for my office of that one.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Told you the front k-member is like the icing on a cake!
It's like painting a picture and now you have a finished product after all this time and money....congrats. Like someone said earlier you need a good day in the rain, you'll learn so much more. Keep it up [burnout]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
Told you the front k-member is like the icing on a cake!
It's like painting a picture and now you have a finished product after all this time and money....congrats. Like someone said earlier you need a good day in the rain, you'll learn so much more. Keep it up [burnout]

Greg, the entire front suspension overhail was indeed icing on the cake. I never knew this heavy ass car could turn-in so well [Big Grin] The feedback I get of the road is awesome now and it just feels like a completely different car. I still need a few more trackdays to really get re-acquainted with it, but so far I'm liking it a lot!

On a side note, try to head to T-hill with me with NCRC on March 3rd. If not, then Infineon with NASA the following week, March 10!

***Video is now up [patriot]

--------------------

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice driving bro! so, verts dont need a rollcage? i saw that porsche runnin with the top down...

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
nice driving bro! so, verts dont need a rollcage? i saw that porsche runnin with the top down...

Thanks Dave! Not sure about verts and roll cages. I thought they did, but there were a few Porsche's that had their tops down and I dont remember seeing cages in them [Confused]

--------------------

iron50
¯
Member # 11231

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for iron50  Ford pictures for iron50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice video Ian......we are waiting for your car so we can keep working on the secret weapon [Big Grin]

--------------------
You mama

Posts: 2025 | From: san pablo cal | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by iron50:
Nice video Ian......we are waiting for your car so we can keep working on the secret weapon [Big Grin]

Thanks Jon! I'm going out of town tomorrow and have to bring the car in to get the suspension dialed in a little more. I might have to wait to bring the car over after my march 3rd and 10th trackdays. I'll be over to discuss the plans soon though [patriot]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com