Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Only fox stang drifting lol (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Only fox stang drifting lol
norcalstangman
¯
Member # 8387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalstangman  Ford pictures for norcalstangman  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 79 cobra:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nuw8xOnsfg&sns=fb

Some on hand me a napkin please lol
I seen that video before.

Posts: 444 | From: san mateo, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was at infineon yesterday at the track...whats tech inspection like for drifting...are there ever suv's there lol

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

norcalstangman
¯
Member # 8387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalstangman  Ford pictures for norcalstangman  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
i was at infineon yesterday at the track...whats tech inspection like for drifting...are there ever suv's there lol

Tech for drifting is simple. They almost don't care about what's up with the car as long as it's not leaking. An the car can't have any objects that aren't tied down. And need a helmet. That's it. Yesterday there was a blue for ranger p/u but no suv's lol.
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ill be out there soon so dont give up and my other buddy should be there maybe next week!
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by norcalstangman:
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:

Tech for drifting is simple. They almost don't care about what's up with the car as long as it's not leaking. An the car can't have any objects that aren't tied down. And need a helmet. That's it. Yesterday there was a blue for ranger p/u but no suv's lol.
sweet! maybe my blazer can partake next time yee!

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

norcalstangman
¯
Member # 8387

quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
ill be out there soon so dont give up and my other buddy should be there maybe next week!

No ones gving up lol. Just yesterday was the last drift day for the season till next march. I think I will attend thunder drift this weekend
dean-93
¯
Member # 9401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dean-93  Ford pictures for dean-93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.infineonraceway.com/media/news/599064.html
Posts: 1175 | From: novato and fairfeild | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
jegg
¯
Member # 9910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jegg  Ford pictures for jegg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
drifting looks fun but as far as competition how is a winner determined?
norcalstangman
¯
Member # 8387

quote:
Originally posted by jegg:
drifting looks fun but as far as competition how is a winner determined?

By my underatanding the winner is determined by points. Judges give points for style of the drift, drift length, most angle, how close you can get to the wall, Speed of drift. Not based on how fast you finish the track.
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice. I want to try this out so bad. Something different.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

norcalstangman
¯
Member # 8387

quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
Nice. I want to try this out so bad. Something different.

Exactly.
65 Fastback Road Race
¯
Member # 11675

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65 Fastback Road Race  Ford pictures for 65 Fastback Road Race    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ March 20, 2012, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: 65 Fastback Road Race ]

Ernesto_jr
¯
Member # 10802

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ernesto_jr  Ford pictures for Ernesto_jr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Venom:
Yeah drifting is for queers and asian ppl...... TOKYO DRIFT!!!

Drag racing is like 90% car 10% driver skill

Drifting is almost opposite with mostly driving skills and then car build.

I'm def a fan of both drag and drift sports, too bad movies kill drifting community and close minded people mix ethnicity with cars.....

Just my 2 cents

[ March 31, 2012, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Ernesto_jr ]

--------------------
Junior -
1993 COBRA
1993 Acura Integra GS-R
www.WEKFEST.com
ADVANCED AUTO - San Ramon

Posts: 153 | From: SF BAY AREA - Union City | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FUCK IT!

Drifting is entertaining to both watch and partcipate. Although mustangs are kind of shunned I SAY DO IT!

if we all conformed and did the same shit with the same cars life would be boring! Im glad people get custom 1-off hoods that are ugly and nasty paint jobs its what keeps us different.

take the time and sort out your mustang and drift it!

A lot of guys are going to tell you to go 240 but thats the Koolaid! everyone goes 240 due to the wheel base and the fact you can go online and build a car based on internet specs that everyone has already figured out. so Do it get some americana out there and make it happen!

afterall nobody was talking shit when Vaughn Gittin Jr won the world championship in a mustang!

So look to improve upon your steering angle,look into a hydro e-brake, look for a set of rims that you can actually find tires for to "stretch" them out (find some beater 17x8 and stretch some 215's or get some 17x9's and stretch some 225's on there) and get you some coil overs and you'll be off to a great start!

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Ernesto_jr
¯
Member # 10802

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ernesto_jr  Ford pictures for Ernesto_jr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
FUCK IT!

Drifting is entertaining to both watch and partcipate. Although mustangs are kind of shunned I SAY DO IT!

if we all conformed and did the same shit with the same cars life would be boring! Im glad people get custom 1-off hoods that are ugly and nasty paint jobs its what keeps us different.

Well said!!!!!!
A lot of guys are going to tell you to go 240 but thats the Koolaid! everyone goes 240 due to the wheel base and the fact you can go online and build a car based on internet specs that everyone has already figured out. so Do it get some americana out there and make it happen!

afterall nobody was talking shit when Vaughn Gittin Jr won the world championship in a mustang!

So look to improve upon your steering angle,look into a hydro e-brake, look for a set of rims that you can actually find tires for to "stretch" them out (find some beater 17x8 and stretch some 215's or get some 17x9's and stretch some 225's on there) and get you some coil overs and you'll be off to a great start!

welllllllllllllll said!

[ April 02, 2012, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: Ernesto_jr ]

--------------------
Junior -
1993 COBRA
1993 Acura Integra GS-R
www.WEKFEST.com
ADVANCED AUTO - San Ramon

Posts: 153 | From: SF BAY AREA - Union City | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
FUCK IT!

couldnt have said it better myself

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What do stretched tires do for drifting? I always thought it was more for looks than function [Confused]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
What do stretched tires do for drifting? I always thought it was more for looks than function [Confused]

think of it like this:
your rim is one surface
your tire tread is another
the rim floats over the tread of the tire basically held in place by the sidewall of the tire
the tighter the sidewall is, the less play there is between the two surfaces causing more predictable handling
hope that makes sense im not too good at explaining it

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2002 F150 supercrew-

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydewayzStan:
quote:

think of it like this:
your rim is one surface
the rim floats over the tread of the tire basically held in place by the sidewall of the tire
the tighter the sidewall is, the less play there is between the two surfaces causing more predictable handling

something like that. if you have too much give in the sidewall and go initiate the drift, you dont want to loose a lot of the energy in the side wall of the tire. you want it to be applied directly to the ground thus making the car more predictable like stan said.

this is why people wonder why competition eng. slide-a-links dont work as good as cal-tracs in drag racing!

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SydewayzStan:
quote:

think of it like this:
your rim is one surface

something like that. if you have too much give in the sidewall and go initiate the drift, you dont want to loose a lot of the energy in the side wall of the tire. you want it to be applied directly to the ground thus making the car more predictable like stan said.

this is why people wonder why competition eng. slide-a-links dont work as good as cal-tracs in drag racing!

well said [patriot]

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com