Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » NCRC @ Thunderhill Jan 23 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: NCRC @ Thunderhill Jan 23
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Trackdays are always a good time! Got any pics/videos to share?

If you were driving the red Saleen #305 then thats a nice ride you go there! Gotta love the S197 Saleen!

i saw your pictures on the gotbluemilk.com website. I like to check out their pics after local trackdays [Big Grin]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SaleenGirl
¯
Member # 11156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SaleenGirl  Ford pictures for SaleenGirl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Photos by Dito Milian www.gotbluemilk.com

- [/IMG]
 -
 -

--------------------
06 Saleen S281 SC #305
3.6 pulley, 80# inj, GT500 fuel pump, Saleen Extreme CAI
Installs & tune by AED

SaleenGirl
¯
Member # 11156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SaleenGirl  Ford pictures for SaleenGirl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's some pics my husband took:
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
06 Saleen S281 SC #305
Installs & tune by AED

SaleenGirl
¯
Member # 11156

quote:
Originally posted by Hungry Hippo:
i'm going

Did you go? I was the slow girl in a red Saleen [Smile]

--------------------
06 Saleen S281 SC #305
Installs & tune by AED

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice pics and VERY NICE RIDE! Looks like you didnt need those gloves afterall [Big Grin]

Did you get an instructor to ride with you at all, or was it Solo all day? what group were you in? I've never driven with NCRC before but will be on March 3rd at T-hill. I'm just trying to get a feel for how their run groups are [patriot]

--------------------

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Four run groups:

With instructors for all sessions, limited passing, point-by required. (Driving School)
No instructor, limited passing, point-by required. Instructor may be available upon request. (Solo)
Passing anywhere, point-by required. (Point-by)
Open passing, point-by recommended but not required. (Open)

They are strict on the passing flag. For all groups, if you get a passing flag, you must let the car behind get around at the next reasonable opportunity.

[ January 25, 2012, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: SteveL ]

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by SteveL:
Four run groups:

With instructors for all sessions, limited passing, point-by required. (Driving School)
No instructor, limited passing, point-by required. Instructor may be available upon request. (Solo)
Passing anywhere, point-by required. (Point-by)
Open passing, point-by recommended but not required. (Open)

They are strict on the passing flag. For all groups, if you get a passing flag, you must let the car behind get around at the next reasonable opportunity.

Thanks Steve! I'm registered for the Point-by group so hopefully I can keep up with these guys:D How many cars are usually in each group?

--------------------

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2000BlackGT:
quote:
lol, I just stopped by and happened to see this post. I bought some visors off you in hayward right? yeah, I had a black 94 with all the MM stuff.
I just started tracking my 98 m3, but I just sold it. This will be my first time out in my C6.

Holy hungry hippo!??
hey chuck! [Big Grin]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SaleenGirl:
quote:
i'm going

Yeah, I was there. I saw your car, but didn't see you. I was in a grey C6.

quote:
Nice pics and VERY NICE RIDE! Looks like you didnt need those gloves afterall [Big Grin]

Did you get an instructor to ride with you at all, or was it Solo all day? what group were you in? I've never driven with NCRC before but will be on March 3rd at T-hill. I'm just trying to get a feel for how their run groups are [patriot]

Ian, I will be there March 3rd in the point by group as well. [Whoo Whooooo!]
Btw, do gloves actually help? I know I need some driving shoes.

[ January 25, 2012, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Hungry Hippo ]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:
quote:
i'm going

Yeah, I was there. I saw your car, but didn't see you. I was in a grey C6.

quote:

Ian, I will be there March 3rd in the point by group as well. [Whoo Whooooo!]
Btw, do gloves actually help? I know I need some driving shoes.

Sounds good, I'll see you there! I'm actually feeling kind of anxious/nervous because I've only ran T-hill once, and it was my very first track day ever...I hope I dont cause too much traffic in the point-by group.

I use gloves and I think it helps. I guess it depends on your steering wheel, but my stock leather one was kind of thin and slippery. The gloves really help grip them at better. I use some Puma driving shoes that I had laying around the house(I didnt know they were driving shoes before hahah). I plan to get some better ones soon though.

--------------------

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe the number of cars in each NCRC group depends on the group. I think it's 20-25 for driving school and maybe solo. 25-30 is my guess for point-by. 30-35 for open group.

Point-by group may be a bit much for someone with only one days experience at Thunderhill. I don't know your background but having an experienced driver ride with you would likely be beneficial. You can try point-by but switch to solo group if you're uncomfortable out there. You want to gain confidence at your pace without feeling overly intimated by the other drivers.

If you plan on moving up the ranks in driving, it is worth getting driving gloves and shoes even now. You'll get used to them before you run in the advance groups/clubs where those items are typically required. I'm so used to them that I can't drive my car without wearing gloves and shoes.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

At Infineon I'd be comfortable doing point by as that's the track I primarily drove last season and know it fairly well, but i have a vague memory of how t-hill is. I'll try out the point by group and see how comfortable I am at t-hill, but if it gets to be too fast I may request to drop down.

I, too feel very comfortable driving with my gloves on. I don't think I can do a trackday without them anymore. I'm considering getting a suit here pretty soon too for safety but not sure if it's necessary at the level in at...I guess it's better safe than sorry though.

--------------------

4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ian, do not worry about being fast enough. There may be slower drivers in fast cars and fast drivers in slow cars, the key is every body giving each other room and respect in any run group.

Did you get that momo wheel in your car yet?

I was at Thunderhill monday getting some laps on the new engine. Had a good time. I had not been on the track since september of 2010 and it felt good to be behind the wheel again.

Troy

Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 4IDFOX:
Ian, do not worry about being fast enough. There may be slower drivers in fast cars and fast drivers in slow cars, the key is every body giving each other room and respect in any run group.

Did you get that momo wheel in your car yet?

I was at Thunderhill monday getting some laps on the new engine. Had a good time. I had not been on the track since september of 2010 and it felt good to be behind the wheel again.

Troy

Hey Troy! How's it going? The wheel is getting installed along with a bunch of other parts that I accumulated over the winter break. I can't wait to get the car back and test it out on the track! It should feel like a new car once its all dialed in.

Being track-less since October '11 has put a damper on my happiness [Big Grin] . I'm looking forward to this season [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

SaleenGirl
¯
Member # 11156

quote:

I was in the driving school. I didn't have an instructor ride with me. But I needed one! I think I was the slowest car out there. I think next time, I'll find someone to ride with me so I can improve.

--------------------
06 Saleen S281 SC #305
Installs & tune by AED

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIzKitBrAIn  Ford pictures for BIzKitBrAIn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I was in the driving school. I didn't have an instructor ride with me. But I needed one! I think I was the slowest car out there. I think next time, I'll find someone to ride with me so I can improve.
Looks like you had fun!! This is a cheap way to get seat time and learn car control and practice lines and such. This is me on the 25th, if any one is interested in getting a group together and going Im down as there are 4 places around the bay we can go. Le Mans Karting, UMIGO, GoKart Racer or K1 Speed which is new at the old Speed Ring location.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpnzSAJDd6A&list=UUEQUBQ1orp0Z4bwO8SCGVng&index=1&feature=plcp

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR
07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Posts: 609 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIzKitBrAIn  Ford pictures for BIzKitBrAIn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

This is me running a 200lap league enduro race w/pitstops/driver and kart changes at Le Mans Karting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyYFtrfWld0

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

quote:
quote:

I was pretty slow my first time out, but you need to go slower in order to learn the track. I never had an instructor, but it helped a lot to get a ride with someone in the open group with a similar car.

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

quote:
quote:
quote:

I was pretty slow my first time out, but you need to go slower in order to learn the track. I never had an instructor, but it helped a lot to get a ride with someone in the open group with a similar car.
Yup ride alongs are good or going out and doing "Follow the leader" with an experienced person (doesn't have to be an instructor"

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

I took some rides with some very experienced drivers when I was first starting out. They were hot shoeing it around the track and were so far advanced from me that I really didn't learn anything. If you take a ride-along, you want something instructional rather than "let me show you how fast I can go".
BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

quote:
Originally posted by SteveL:
I took some rides with some very experienced drivers when I was first starting out. They were hot shoeing it around the track and were so far advanced from me that I really didn't learn anything. If you take a ride-along, you want something instructional rather than "let me show you how fast I can go".

True true should have added that,

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

ZincYellow 281
¯
Member # 9865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZincYellow 281  Ford pictures for ZincYellow 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[/qb][/QUOTE]Looks like you had fun!! This is a cheap way to get seat time and learn car control and practice lines and such. This is me on the 25th, if any one is interested in getting a group together and going Im down as there are 4 places around the bay we can go. Le Mans Karting, UMIGO, GoKart Racer or K1 Speed which is new at the old Speed Ring location.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpnzSAJDd6A&list=UUEQUBQ1orp0Z4bwO8SCGVng&index=1&feature=plcp [/QB][/QUOTE]

karting is a ton of fun, ever thought of getting your own? My brother and I have a CRG 80cc shifter kart. We use to go to rmp racing in sacramento but, soon as we beat everyone there we knew it was time to move up lol. Its a world of a difference between the two karts. We just started this summer but so far we are having a blast. Im pretty sure my brother is going to start racing for the next season.

--------------------
2015 focus st2
2011 Gt 5.0
04 ZY fobra sold

SaleenGirl
¯
Member # 11156

Thanks for all the advise everyone! I can't make it for March 3rd, but I'm hoping to go April 7th.

--------------------
06 Saleen S281 SC #305
Installs & tune by AED

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com