Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » NCRC @ Thunderhill Jan 23 (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: NCRC @ Thunderhill Jan 23
SaleenGirl
¯
Member # 11156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SaleenGirl  Ford pictures for SaleenGirl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just signed up. Anyone else going? I'll probably be in the driving school since I haven't been on a track since 2003.

--------------------
06 Saleen S281 SC #305
3.6 pulley, 80# inj, GT500 fuel pump, Saleen Extreme CAI
Installs & tune by AED

straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for straightliner1  Ford pictures for straightliner1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll likely sign up. Let's just hope they don't use that "no-rain guarantee" they're speaking of.

BTW, their driving school is really good. I did it myself just last month.

Hope to see you there!
Justin
[Smile]

Posts: 484 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's a bit early for me to say "I'll be there" but I do want to be there....I'll plan for it [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SaleenGirl
¯
Member # 11156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SaleenGirl  Ford pictures for SaleenGirl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So NCRC said that I qualify for the Solo group since I have 1 track day. What do you think? Should I skip the Driving School thing?

--------------------
06 Saleen S281 SC #305
Installs & tune by AED

Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like fun.

--------------------
91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SaleenGirl:
So NCRC said that I qualify for the Solo group since I have 1 track day. What do you think? Should I skip the Driving School thing?

That depends, how did your last track day go? How comfortable were you last time out? It's been 8 years since you were last on track and was it at this track or somewhere else?
If they have a good driving school maybe you could do it half day then and the rest by yourself.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say you take the school and have an instructor with you the whole day. I've never driven with NCRC before, but I have to say that my instructors with NASA and TMR were both extremely helpful and I probably wouldn't be as hooked on this sport if it weren't for them! Their tips and suggestions, whether it be small or large, will benefit you forever. Since you haven't been on the track in so long, having them will definitely benefit you. Plus, you'll probably feel more comfortable with them by your side coaching you through the course and end up having a more successful day [patriot]

--------------------

Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im thinking about signing up

--------------------
91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

SaleenGirl
¯
Member # 11156

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will stick with the school. I just checked the schedule and school is only the 1st half of the day, then I'm on my own for the 2nd half. It's gonna be a blast!

--------------------
06 Saleen S281 SC #305
Installs & tune by AED

straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for straightliner1  Ford pictures for straightliner1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep, first 3 sessions are school, last 2 are all yours.

If you have specific questions about the driving school, PM me. I'll do my best to answer.

Justin

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Beastly GT500 TVS:
im thinking about signing up

You might want to detune your car a bit before hitting the track. 730rwhp may get you into some trouble
on a road course.

--------------------

straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

As much fun as it may be, no one ever said you have to stomp the pedal to the floor 100%. [Smile]
cobra_302_stang
¯
Member # 7257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobra_302_stang  Ford pictures for cobra_302_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any one else going?

--------------------
~HighSpeed Motorsports~

Posts: 416 | From: Redwood city | Registered: Nov 2006  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll probably be there

--------------------

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'm going

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Hungry Hippo:
i'm going

damn...i havent seen you post on here in forever! How you been bro?

Not sure if you remember me, but I bought the cracked cowl hood off you YEARS ago. What are you bringing out to the track? If I recall correctly, didn't you have that green sn95 GT with either MM or Griggs components?

-Ian

--------------------

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol, I just stopped by and happened to see this post. I bought some visors off you in hayward right? yeah, I had a black 94 with all the MM stuff.
I just started tracking my 98 m3, but I just sold it. This will be my first time out in my C6.

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
lol, I just stopped by and happened to see this post. I bought some visors off you in hayward right? yeah, I had a black 94 with all the MM stuff.
I just started tracking my 98 m3, but I just sold it. This will be my first time out in my C6.

yea, you bought those ballin ass TV visors from me [dance] Those were the good ol days LOL! C6 should be fun for sure! I can't make it to this NCRC trackday but plan to be out at Infineon for NASA in February. Do you plan to hit up the track foten this year? Shoot me a PM...we should hook up [patriot]

--------------------

SaleenGirl
¯
Member # 11156

It's gonna rain the first half of the day, but I'm still going. [Smile]

--------------------
06 Saleen S281 SC #305
Installs & tune by AED

SaleenGirl
¯
Member # 11156

Does anyone going to this race have extra gloves I can borrow for the day? I ordered some, but they never showed up.

--------------------
06 Saleen S281 SC #305
Installs & tune by AED

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Holy hungry hippo!??
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
Does anyone going to this race have extra gloves I can borrow for the day? I ordered some, but they never showed up.

I didn't realize this event was right after the big game so I didn't go. Hope you found a pair and not much rain
SaleenGirl
¯
Member # 11156

I had an absolute blast today! It stopped raining at 7am and was sunny most of the day. I need so much more practice. I am super slow!

--------------------
06 Saleen S281 SC #305
Installs & tune by AED

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Trackdays are always a good time! Got any pics/videos to share?

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
I had an absolute blast today! It stopped raining at 7am and was sunny most of the day. I need so much more practice. I am super slow!

One track day at a time. I bet there was a lot of track time today too [burnout]

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com