Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » AIX Outlaw

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: AIX Outlaw
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys, I went down to Buttonwillow for another AIX Outlaw race last weekend. I represented norcal well and won both days against the very quick Agent47 cars. Here's a link to the Sunday race. Thanks to Maier racing for the help with the setup and Agent47 for sponsoring the series and letting me use there camera and mic.

http://youtu.be/eDnMOA1NPoU

[ October 12, 2011, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: SF Coupe ]

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
YES! way to represent for NorCal Tim!!! I dont have your autograph, but I can tell everyone I have YOUR BRAKES [worship] [Wink] [Razz] Congratulataions on the win bro!

Lots of action at the 10:00 mark! All that dust and gravel, someone was bound to get loose somewhere [burnout] . Awesome pass on the black Agent 47 car..way to use that silver RX7 to your advantage [Whoo Whooooo!] . After taking the lead, were any other AIX guys even close to catching up to you or was it an easy win the rest of the way? Looks like you were passing up everyone without anyone fighting you from behind [worship]

On a side note, how is an RX7 running AIX???

[ October 12, 2011, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was able to pull out a pretty good lead on the Agent47 car by aggressively working traffic. I wouldn't say it was easy. Once I got in front I drove my ass off to get some distance between him and me because I knew he was faster than me in some section and I was faster than him in others. If we were close a lot of battling would have been going on and that's when mistakes are made.

The RX-7 was in a different class that took their green flag in front of us.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
I was able to pull out a pretty good lead on the Agent47 car by aggressively working traffic. I wouldn't say it was easy. Once I got in front I drove my ass off to get some distance between him and me because I knew he was faster than me in some section and I was faster than him in others. If we were close a lot of battling would have been going on and that's when mistakes are made.

The RX-7 was in a different class that took their green flag in front of us.

Thats just sick Tim! Beating out the Agent 47 car and probably other "shop" cars! Thats just pure inspiration for my future in the sport [patriot] I wish you had a rearview or even a birds eye view camera to see how close/far the competition was.

--------------------

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That was very good. I'm watching the video and thinking that you're really good going through Phil Hill. You get a good run over the top and got a lot of passing on the short shoot before the bypass. Obviously you thought so too. That was a gutsy pass to take the lead. It almost looked like you were going to get squeezed with the right side tires off the track. The door was maybe 3/4 open and you pushed through it.

I thought NASA ran the opposite direction (which to me seems faster but I've never timed it). Also, I cringe going full throttle over the hump at the exit of Cotton Corners. The back end gets light and I wonder if I'm going to snap an axle when it settles back down.

Congratulations.

[ October 12, 2011, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: SteveL ]

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awesome race buddy, I hope this AIX Outlaw takes of and they do it up here some. I like the couple of tornadoes you had to drive blindly through and almost got off track at about 17:30 and that nice door slam at 11:20!
Really good stuff, whats the spec tire for this?

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

When I passed the black car I thought we might hit because it's not a typical place to pass. He did see me in time and we managed to avoid contact, it was very close though.

There is no spec tire. The base tire is Toyo RA-1 or Nitto NT-01, if you run a stickier tire you have to run less horsepower. I was on the new Goodyear RS DOT radial. It's an awesome tire, it's as quick as a Hoosier R but lasts longer.

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
When I passed the black car I thought we might hit because it's not a typical place to pass. He did see me in time and we managed to avoid contact, it was very close though.

There is no spec tire. The base tire is Toyo RA-1 or Nitto NT-01, if you run a stickier tire you have to run less horsepower. I was on the new Goodyear RS DOT radial. It's an awesome tire, it's as quick as a Hoosier R but lasts longer.

If I recall your car runs less horsepower so you can run the stickier tire right? I think I'd take that option because I hate it when my tires go then you just have to rely on out driving those guys.
Roger Kraus was telling me about those tires and I'm definitely trying them next. You keep driving like that you'll be driving for free if you catch my drift [Wink] . You know if they plan on racing up here? I know A-47 is a socal co. though.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
quote:

If I recall your car runs less horsepower so you can run the stickier tire right? I think I'd take that option because I hate it when my tires go then you just have to rely on out driving those guys.
Roger Kraus was telling me about those tires and I'm definitely trying them next. You keep driving like that you'll be driving for free if you catch my drift [Wink] . You know if they plan on racing up here? I know A-47 is a socal co. though.

Greg, get a comp license and do work! Your cobra would fit right in with these AIX guys! And just like Tim, you have a pretty mild motor setup so you can run the better tires too! I love hearing about non "shop cars" tearing shit up! It really motivates me to get more and more involved with this sport [worship]

Tim...I think you gotta contact Maximum Motorsports and ask for their sponsorship [Wink] . Since you're running their whole setup and beating out cars with more HP and suspension setups that cost 2x's more than your's, you definitely deserve it [patriot]

--------------------

1fastmach1
¯
Member # 10137

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fastmach1  Ford pictures for 1fastmach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good race like that door slam @ 11:19

--------------------
REDLINE MOTORSPORTS CC EST 2011
1993 CHP sold
2004 mach 1 408 Windsor n20 fed
R.I.P. JORGE GUTIERREZ JR
6/13/1982- 11/05/2013

Posts: 2592 | From: clawwwitter to 7th st | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for straightliner1  Ford pictures for straightliner1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Tim...I think you gotta contact Maximum Motorsports and ask for their sponsorship [Wink] . Since you're running their whole setup and beating out cars with more HP and suspension setups that cost 2x's more than your's, you definitely deserve it [patriot] [/QB]
Or hit up Agent 47, since after all you blew them out of the water too! [Wink] (SLA = drool)

BTW Tim, did you change your exhaust setup? The car sounds WAY more rowdy than last time I saw it in person at Infineon (your first outing with the Maier front end).

[ October 13, 2011, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: straightliner1 ]

Posts: 484 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by straightliner1:
quote:
Tim...I think you gotta contact Maximum Motorsports and ask for their sponsorship [Wink] . Since you're running their whole setup and beating out cars with more HP and suspension setups that cost 2x's more than your's, you definitely deserve it [patriot]

Or hit up Agent 47, since after all you blew them out of the water too! [Wink] (SLA = drool)

dyno bullets
BTW Tim, did you change your exhaust setup? The car sounds WAY more rowdy than last time I saw it in person at Infineon (your first outing with the Maier front end). [/QB]

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
guy goes flying off the track..lol good race tim

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congradulation's Tim

How many weekends do you think you can get out of those Goodyears ?

Are you going to run in november and is anybody from southern cal talking of coming up ?

Troy

Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Thanks Troy, I think I could get maybe two weekends out of the Goodyears. They were about a second slower on Sunday but they were consistent through the entire race which the Hoosier R never did. I don't think there will be a race at Infineon in November. My second child is due that weekend, so I'm out. Ryan Walton blew his motor on Sunday and won't have it rebuilt until Jan. I don't think Corey and Ross will drive all the way up here to race each other. Hopefully everyone including you can make it in Feb.
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOW ! Holy smokes , that was some serious ass kickin "SFCOUPE" . Great driving and Congrats on an AWESOME WIN !!!! [Eek!]
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ October 20, 2011, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Nifty50 ]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com