Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » "It don't rev out hard enough"

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: "It don't rev out hard enough"
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry for the title...that was some local idiot's excuse as to why he thinks his car that lacks 80rwhp and weighs 400 pounds more can beat a lighter, higher powered vehicle.....with the same driver skill? Wowsa.....some folks...

Anyway I am not a road race dude, tho I respect it and it does look fun (and spendy)but I had some pretty neat shit come into my garage for some work (blower install) and thought Id share the pics. This was awhile ago and I am just gettin around to sharing.

Only thing I will say is that the griggs work looks cool but the rear leaks and the collars arent adjusted.....figured for the money griggs woulda done that...but whatever.

Rants off.

Enjoy:

-

-

-

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Notch_notch
¯
Member # 8902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch_notch  Ford pictures for Notch_notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Holy shit!!!! Fucking badass suspension!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
How many fake accounts does one need? Make a fake account, get the ban. It's in the rules.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like the full Griggs GR40 setup...watts link and all! Now that is a nice setup and VERY costly [worship] What kind of car was it on? Is the owner a road racer???

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Looks like the full Griggs GR40 setup...watts link and all! Now that is a nice setup and VERY costly [worship] What kind of car was it on? Is the owner a road racer???

Fox body convertible 93

You ever seen anyone able to run a blower with that damn 2.5 inch front sway bar? Gonna have to move alt to driver side.....

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Oh yea street car, hella ugly to me, maer custom flares etc

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
Oh yea street car, hella ugly to me, maer custom flares etc

Damn flared out and everything? Must be a pretty serious car! Those maier flares CAN look good if done right on the right car, ie: Straightliner has them on his coupe and they look great! Does the guy ever take it to the track? He has some serious money in that car so I'd hope he puts that thing to use!

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This guy definitely didn't go to the cheap side, kudos for that. I've never had any issues with leaking rear end on mine but it's a real pain when that happens because the torque arm and Watts link connected to the pumpkin.
Nice to see the SLA in the front which is something I want to do in the future on my car [worship] I can't tell from the pics but does this car also have the Griggs brakes too? Also those parts look very new so did he just have them put on recently? Griggs is still in business on a smaller scale now as there are rumors about them being out of business.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
This guy definitely didn't go to the cheap side, kudos for that. I've never had any issues with leaking rear end on mine but it's a real pain when that happens because the torque arm and Watts link connected to the pumpkin.
Nice to see the SLA in the front which is something I want to do in the future on my car [worship] I can't tell from the pics but does this car also have the Griggs brakes too? Also those parts look very new so did he just have them put on recently? Griggs is still in business on a smaller scale now as there are rumors about them being out of business.

Those rear calipers sure do look like the Grigg's pieces [worship] This guy must be stacked [Big Grin]

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

The front suspension hard parts was 5300 let alone he paid them to install it.

Griggs went bankrupt but somehow is still in business I have no idea, not into politics.

Shit looks neat as hell.

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Alston bought the product line.

Technical assistance is ill to none...

They are griggs brakes. Good luck with rear e brake help....

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Griggs went bankrupt but somehow is still in business I have no idea, not into politics.

Shit looks neat as hell.

There are different bankruptcies such as 7, 11, 13 so they must of filed for 11 restructure, which is why they'd still be doing business. 7 is liquidation I believe.
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
quote:

Shit looks neat as hell.

There are different bankruptcies such as 7, 11, 13 so they must of filed for 11 restructure, which is why they'd still be doing business. 7 is liquidation I believe.
Not sure but I can tell you that installing a vortech kit on 86-93 with this sla front end kit is not happening unless you driver side mount your alternator or delete the smog pump and move the alternator up because that 2.5 inch front sway bar lookin deal hits the alternator and a mini alternator as well.

Im lookin into modifying to use the smog pump mount holes.

Dan

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com