Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » September trackdays...who's ready?!?! TMR & NASA

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: September trackdays...who's ready?!?! TMR & NASA
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, August was the first month since I got bit by the bug that I wasn't able to attend a trackday [Embarrassed] I missed the Shelby club, NCRC, and now the NASA event...it SUCKS to say the least.

To ease the pain, I've been looking forward to September's events. So far, I'm looking to sign up for two trackdays. If you're ready to rock, get registered soon!

1. Trackmaster Racing @ Infineon on Saturday/Sunday September 10/11. It's $295 per day and I think you get 6 sessions. I plan to be there Saturday.

http://www.trackmasters-racing.com/

2. NASA @ Infineon on Saturday/Sunday September 24/25. Its $195 per day and they're also offereing HyperDrive for those who want to try out som open track racing...its a great opportunity for just $49 in my opinion! I plan to be there on Saturday.

http://nasaproracing.com/event/1221

So who's ready to play??? [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm heading to Buttonwillow with NCRC on Sept 17th for some practice before my race in Oct. From my house on the peninsula Buttonwillow is 1/2 hour further than Thunderhill, not too bad. It's not the best track IMO but I need more seat time there. There's almost nothing to hit so it's a great track for beginners.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey whats up Tim! I recently drove to LA a couple weeks ago and from Hayward to Buttonwillow it was +/- 250 miles away...if I recall correctly T-hill is only about 150 miles. It's definitely a good ways away but I do want to try that track out! I can't make the 17th but hopefully sometime this season. I'll probably want to tow my car out there too for reassurance. Thanks for the heads up [patriot]

By the way, where's your race in October? I really want to watch an AIX-OUTLAW race live! the videos are bad ass so I can just imagine how it is up close [Whoo Whooooo!]

[ August 15, 2011, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm probably going to head down there myself for this NCRC thing. Great group of people and cars. We'll see about the NASA event, I'm shooting for that as well and it's my favorite track.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be at the NASA event both day's. I will have some new rubber and probably a new suspension mod or 2. should be fun I hope its nice and cool. Thunder Hill was 96 degrees, definitely hotter than that in the car and on the track. The heat beats you up. As far as Buttonwillow, I think we will make it down there next season. We are looking for a nice tow rig and trailer. I have been looking at Eddie Bauer Expeditions 99 - 02. We want to hit different tracks in different states.

[ August 15, 2011, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: SnakeBit ]

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
I'm probably going to head down there myself for this NCRC thing. Great group of people and cars. We'll see about the NASA event, I'm shooting for that as well and it's my favorite track.

Yea, NCRC seems to be a good club according to my boss' boss' boss [Big Grin] If you go out there, watch out for a red Ferrari and show him what Mustangs are all about [dance] ...his name is Peter (older Swedish gentleman). He told me he races in the GTR group or something like that. You and Tim should give him a nice run for his money [Wink]

Let me know if you do make it out to NASA...we should set up camp again [patriot]

quote:
Originally posted by SnakeBit:
I'll be at the NASA event both day's. I will have some new rubber and probably a new suspension mod or 2. should be fun I hope its nice and cool. Thunder Hill was 96 degrees, definitely hotter than that in the car and on the track. The heat beats you up. As far as Buttonwillow, I think we will make it down there next season. We are looking for a nice tow rig and trailer. I have been looking at Eddie Bauer Expeditions 99 - 02. We want to hit different tracks in different states.

Sweet bro, good to hear you'll be there! Damn, I just sold my other set of 17" cobras too...they would've been perfect for you so you can get some cheaper "track" tires instead of using your 18's!My bad bro...

And yes, an expedition (like greg's) wuld be a great tow rig. I've been patiently waiting for a cheap one to pop up on CL so I can pick one up...that or a Yukon/Tahoe would be fine. Now, parking for a trailer (if you end up buying one) is another issue for me [Embarrassed]

[ August 15, 2011, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah a Yukon or a Taboe would be nice. My dad said it would look stupid. Lol he said if you go Ford you don't pull it with a Chevy. He cracks me up. there were multiple people there with Uhaul trailers.

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Hey whats up Tim! I recently drove to LA a couple weeks ago and from Hayward to Buttonwillow it was +/- 250 miles away...if I recall correctly T-hill is only about 150 miles. It's definitely a good ways away but I do want to try that track out! I can't make the 17th but hopefully sometime this season. I'll probably want to tow my car out there too for reassurance. Thanks for the heads up [patriot]

By the way, where's your race in October? I really want to watch an AIX-OUTLAW race live! the videos are bad ass so I can just imagine how it is up close [Whoo Whooooo!]

Next Outlaw race is at Buttonwillow Oct. 8-9. There should be a new Outlaw video coming out soon. I'm not in it, but I saw an early version of it and it's pretty funny.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:

Next Outlaw race is at Buttonwillow Oct. 8-9. There should be a new Outlaw video coming out soon. I'm not in it, but I saw an early version of it and it's pretty funny.
Sweet! Does outlaw or any other AI classes ever run at Infineon?? You gotta let me know next time you guys race here! I'll be there [dance] [burnout]

--------------------

acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AI, CMC, FFR will be at sears point nov 12-13
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

I'm registered for NASA on Saturday 9/24. Who's joining me???? [Big Grin]

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll probably be out there more than likely [burnout]
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

September 24th is just around the corner! Whos officially signed up and ready to play?!?!

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

TTT...anyone else going???

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

I'm there

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com