Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Nasa @ Thunder HIll 8/13 - 8/14

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Nasa @ Thunder HIll 8/13 - 8/14
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just signed up for this event. Is anybody else going?

http://www.nasaproracing.com/

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm trying to work it out so I can make it...I really want to hit up Thill again and I'm probably not going to make it to the Shelby Cub Mini Nats on August 6th.

Oh yea, NCRC (norcal racing club) has an event at Thill on Monday 8/8. I'm on vacation for the next two weeks so i "may" try and hit this up. Are you working on the 8th??? their prices are very reasonable too! Hit me up [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm either going to this or the one on Monday while the weather is still nice and not hot out there.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was going to sign up for this but HPDE 2 is full... Looks like august isn't working out for me [Frown]

--------------------

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check again, its wide open.

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Anybody going to make it? I just got up here.

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just hit up the NCRC last Monday at T-Hill and I got to work tomorrow. Wish I could make it again, my car was really hooking up and break in that new motor nice n easy and have fun. No more towing that thing home for awhile, ya dig. [Cool]
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Have fun out there jay! Wish I could've made it out [Frown] Like Greg said, break in that motor and have some fun! Are you there both days?

--------------------

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
I just hit up the NCRC last Monday at T-Hill and I got to work tomorrow. Wish I could make it again, my car was really hooking up and break in that new motor nice n easy and have fun. No more towing that thing home for awhile, ya dig. [Cool]

Definitely gonna break her in, I'm pretty happy with this motor so far. Idles very smooth and has plenty of torque. She breaks the wheels loose in 3rd, lol. It was 92 degrees on the drive up and she ran on the cool side. I still get decent gas mileage as well, 170 miles and only use a half tank.

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Have fun out there jay! Wish I could've made it out [Frown] Like Greg said, break in that motor and have some fun! Are you there both days?

Yup, both days. I'm driving tomorrow and my pops will be behind the wheel on Sunday. I'm not letting my self get excited until my wheels hit the track this time. I got my GoPro ready to roll also, so everybody can see how slow I am, LOL

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:

Yup, both days. I'm driving tomorrow and my pops will be behind the wheel on Sunday. I'm not letting my self get excited until my wheels hit the track this time. I got my GoPro ready to roll also, so everybody can see how slow I am, LOL

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SnakeBit:
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:

Definitely gonna break her in, I'm pretty happy with this motor so far. Idles very smooth and has plenty of torque. She breaks the wheels loose in 3rd, lol. It was 92 degrees on the drive up and she ran on the cool side. I still get decent gas mileage as well, 170 miles and only use a half tank.
Farq ya! Kragens motors for the WIN!!

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

So how was your first time on track jay?!?!?! I bet by the time you read this post your adrenaline will still be pumping LOL [dance]

--------------------

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Words can't explain. I was in the zone on my last 2 sessions. The new motor pulls like a MoFo out of the corners. I basically drag raced with a brand new srt8 challenger on the straight away and past him doing 110 - 115. All I got to say is, my name is Jayson and I'm addicted to SPEED! It's a hell of a drug. LOL. My fuel line popped off on the back staight out of turn 8. The clip that connects the hose to the fuel filter failed. I happened towards the end of session 3. I got towed in, jacked it up and figured out the problem in less than a minute. I ran to the local Napa and grabbed a new filter with clips. Got back and installed it and still had a hour to burn before the last session. Infineon next month, who is down? BTW Ian I picked you up 1 of those white stickers you wanted of the outline of T Hill.

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Yes yes yes!!! Great to hear that you too are now addicted! Now we can go out and have some fun at infineon [Whoo Whooooo!] Sorry to hear about the mishap but good work getting it fixed quick! Good looking out for the sticker too! I'll get you back for it when we hook up. I'm already going to sign up for infineon so don't worry about being out there alone for that event [Wink] Post up some pics and videos when you get a chance [patriot]

[ August 14, 2011, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
Words can't explain. I was in the zone on my last 2 sessions. The new motor pulls like a MoFo out of the corners. I basically drag raced with a brand new srt8 challenger on the straight away and past him doing 110 - 115. All I got to say is, my name is Jayson and I'm addicted to SPEED! It's a hell of a drug. LOL. My fuel line popped off on the back staight out of turn 8. The clip that connects the hose to the fuel filter failed. I happened towards the end of session 3. I got towed in, jacked it up and figured out the problem in less than a minute. I ran to the local Napa and grabbed a new filter with clips. Got back and installed it and still had a hour to burn before the last session. Infineon next month, who is down? BTW Ian I picked you up 1 of those white stickers you wanted of the outline of T Hill.

That was funny except the part about your fuel line. Way to get back up and ride again.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

So wheres the videos Jay?!?!?! [Big Grin]

--------------------

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

How do I edit them? I don't want to load a 20 minute video

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
How do I edit them? I don't want to load a 20 minute video

you need a video editting software....if you have a Mac use ivideo or something like that. For PC's there is usually a Microsoft video editting software already installed on the computer. Or just download a free version. (sorry i completely forgot what software I'm using right now).

--------------------

straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for straightliner1  Ford pictures for straightliner1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Windows = Windows Movie Maker
Posts: 484 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com