Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Run Laguna Seca for $200 July 10th or 11th (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Run Laguna Seca for $200 July 10th or 11th
SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FYI...

This is a Very ! HOT ! opportunity to run your Car or Motorcycle at 'Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca' next Sunday & Monday!! Read and Respond quickly if you're interested in attending. $200 per day!!

HOT NEW EVENT!!! OPEN TO 30 DRIVERS & RIDERS ONLY!!

Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca, Sunday/Monday, JULY 10/11!!

ALL DRIVERS AND RIDERS MUST REGISTER BY END OF BUSINESS ON WEDNESDAY, JULY 6th
(or the event may be cancelled!!!)

Format:
(2) Car run groups. (Advanecd, and a Low Intermediate/Novice group)
(2) Motorcycle run groups (A, and a B/C group)

$200 per day, $385 for two full days!!

Motorcycle and Car Registrations.... start from the TMR home page:

www.trackmasters-racing.com

Note: Your registration will be confirmed by Wednesday evening, and payment
will need to be made by 12 noon on Thursday, July 7th. Please don’t register
unless you’re 110% positive you will attend!!

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow that's a hell of a deal right there. I wish I could but I can't seem to pass sound any more [Frown] I come to drive a race track not worry about sound, love politics love it love it love it [Mad]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got this email from TMR this morning too. I wish we didn't have plans for next weekend or else I would've signed up for Sunday for sure! That sounds like a hell of a deal and with only 30 drivers it seems the track will be pretty clear! Damn, I wish [Embarrassed]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is this a sound free day?
Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No. 92dB limit.

Unlimited sound days are very rare for open track events and if they are available, the event cost tends to be expensive.

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah I know. I have done a couple. I dont think my car passes the 92db limit
Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIzKitBrAIn  Ford pictures for BIzKitBrAIn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How'd it do, who went where's the pic's bitches?

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR
07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Posts: 609 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

No pictures but I did take some video.

I was hoping I fixed my front end problem but not completely. I was up at Thunderhill last week, got two sessions in and had to put the car on the trailer. It sounded like a bad front axle hub. Got the car home, removed the spindle nut (SN95 sealed hub), pulled the hub and ball bearings rolled all over the floor. Installed a new hub and figured everything was good to go.

First session at Laguna and the brake are groaning still like they did at Thunderhill. Did another quick brake bleed but it didn't eliminate the groan. I'm now thinking the problem is pad buildup on the rotors. I installed new pads just before Thunderhill switching from Performance Friction to Hawk HT10. I probably did not do a good enough job or cleaning off the old pad material on the rotors. I'm going to take another shot at it, check the rotors for any warpage and hopefully can resolve the problem without have the rotors turned.

I had maybe 75% braking but ran every session anyway.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Post some footage [Whoo Whooooo!]

Steve, kind of off topic, but what car do you run as your track car?

--------------------

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIzKitBrAIn  Ford pictures for BIzKitBrAIn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:

-

This is Steve's car

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

quote:
Originally posted by BIzKitBrAIn:
quote:

-
This is Steve's car

Eveyone chillin at Buttonwillow I'm the yellow and blue next to steve

-

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Very nice...both of your guys' cars [worship] What kind of front end bumpers are you guys running? There's an AI car for sale that I saw on nasaforums and he has something similar to your's (Bizkitbrain).

--------------------

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

quote:
Very nice...both of your guys' cars [worship] What kind of front end bumpers are you guys running? There's an AI car for sale that I saw on nasaforums and he has something similar to your's (Bizkitbrain).

I dunno who did Steve's nose, mine was done by a friend(he did some one off's for a couple of us) I'm going to be switching to the new maier nose that Tim's running.

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

quote:
quote:

I dunno who did Steve's nose, mine was done by a friend(he did some one off's for a couple of us) I'm going to be switching to the new maier nose that Tim's running.
Ohh do you know where the add was, I'm trying to find it.

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yup, here you go: http://nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=44798

I thought it was an AI car but it's just an HPDE/Autox car...either way it looks like a solid runner! The seller emailed me pics if you want to see it...do you know the seller?

[ July 14, 2011, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

One lap at Laguna this past Monday.

The video quality on Photobucket is poor. The sound problem was due to the batteries going low on the external microphone.

-

[ July 14, 2011, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: SteveL ]

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

great video! What's your setup on that beast?

--------------------

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Low tech. A carb'ed 347 with a stock T5 transmission.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by SteveL:
Low tech. A carb'ed 347 with a stock T5 transmission.

I'm assuming you have the full griggs layout as well?

--------------------

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yup, here you go: http://nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=44798

I thought it was an AI car but it's just an HPDE/Autox car...either way it looks like a solid runner! The seller emailed me pics if you want to see it...do you know the seller?

I'd love to see pics to figure out who's car is it...

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

That's not a bad deal for someone who's looking into getting into a "track only car"

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
That's not a bad deal for someone who's looking into getting into a "track only car"

I agree...it's nicely setup and looks like it'd be a fun toy! I've been tossing around the idea of selling my cobra to fund more of a "track only" car but I don't have space to store a trailer and I have a feeling it'd be more of a hassle for me than to just drive my car to/from the track like I do now.

--------------------

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

quote:
quote:

I agree...it's nicely setup and looks like it'd be a fun toy! I've been tossing around the idea of selling my cobra to fund more of a "track only" car but I don't have space to store a trailer and I have a feeling it'd be more of a hassle for me than to just drive my car to/from the track like I do now.
I hear ya on that, where I live I can't store my car so it's getting stored in extra garage space at a family members house. Trailer will go there too. I've acctually been toying with the idea of Selling my car and buying a kart and running in a full time race series.

-

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

I hear ya on that, where I live I can't store my car so it's getting stored in extra garage space at a family members house. Trailer will go there too. I've acctually been toying with the idea of Selling my car and buying a kart and running in a full time race series.

-

Sell it to Ian, he needs a track only whore bad. he's a full blown addict now.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
quote:
quote:
quote:

-

Sell it to Ian, he needs a track only whore bad. he's a full blown addict now.
Yea, if the price was right I'd really consider it. My only concern about having a track only car is I don't have anywhere to store a trailer, nor do I have a tow vehicle (yet). But I guess those are just minor things that can be worked around [Big Grin]

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com