Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Nasa Event March 20-21 At Infineon Raceway

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Nasa Event March 20-21 At Infineon Raceway
cobra_302_stang
¯
Member # 7257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobra_302_stang  Ford pictures for cobra_302_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just wondering if anyone is going i'll be in my 04 oxford white mach 1.

--------------------
~HighSpeed Motorsports~

Posts: 416 | From: Redwood city | Registered: Nov 2006  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think I might make the trip up there. I'm still waiting to install my panhard, subframes and torque arm before I can run the car though.

What's it cost to watch/race?

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
T, you may want to take your car before you make all those modifications so you can better appreciate why those modifications are being done.

Unless you AutoX regularly, your car is probably more capable than the driver at the moment.

The AutoX guys who are good always tell beginners to start with a stock car and find its limits before making any changes.

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
T, you may want to take your car before you make all those modifications so you can better appreciate why those modifications are being done.

Unless you AutoX regularly, your car is probably more capable than the driver at the moment.

The AutoX guys who are good always tell beginners to start with a stock car and find its limits before making any changes.

Absolutely 100% agree. You'll have much more appreciation for each component of the car and how /why it works. I don't think I'll make this one but have fun.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

mtndew98
¯
Member # 9426

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtndew98  Ford pictures for mtndew98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be there. HPDE4 yellow mustang #40

--------------------
98 GT full PI swap, #40 NASA TTC

Posts: 38 | From: Fairfield CA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
cobra_302_stang
¯
Member # 7257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobra_302_stang  Ford pictures for cobra_302_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To watch its $10 at the gate, to do a track event its now $195 for 4 20 min. sessions. If your new to open track you will be in HPDE 1 with a instructor the whole time, to help guide you on the track. They are helping you learn the track, learn braking zones, turn in and corner exit. So you are able to drive at the limits. That's the reason you want to start with a stock car to reach the limits much sooner. You'll learn more that way. Where as with a modified or race car the limits are at a much higher speed. Thing start to happen faster so you have less time to react. After you learn to drive at the limits then you want to upgrade the car. But if your looking into doing track event, the only way to get better and faster is to go and get seat time. I suggest to just leave the car the way it is.

--------------------
~HighSpeed Motorsports~

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very wise words fellas. Being able to discern what each individual part controls by adding things on one piece at a time. And I have no seat time in regards to auto x. But this thing already has the coil-over setup on the car and the rest of these parts are going on within the next month or two. I HATE staring at money laying on the garage floor. When this car touches a track it will be fully suspended. Hopefully with my nice brake setup. I can always drive lukes cobra on the course first though

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
I can always drive lukes cobra on the course first though

LOL! Come on man.
My H&R SS/Tokico Blue combos with MM panhard and new bushings is more than you can handle right now.

I suggest you get your hands on a 275K mile 87LX 4 banger and find its limits before moving on to anything else [Wink]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
I can always drive lukes cobra on the course first though

LOL! Come on man.
My H&R SS/Tokico Blue combos with MM panhard and new bushings is more than you can handle right now.

I suggest you get your hands on a 275K mile 87LX 4 banger and find its limits before moving on to anything else [Wink]

Luke, have you taken your cobra to the track before? We should have a big CAFORDS track event! Looks like more and more people are finally turning to open track/Autox rather than just straight line racing [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

cobra_302_stang
¯
Member # 7257

What you should really have for the track is cooling ducts for the brakes, high temp brake fluid, and possibly a rubber mat to sit on to keek you from moving around. Just make sure your car is up on maintanence and you good to go. It's all about the driver. Went a little miata goes around you in a corner, you'll ask yourself how did he do that.

--------------------
~HighSpeed Motorsports~

S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where do i sign up for this event? went to the nasa web site and could not find registration form

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

cobra_302_stang
¯
Member # 7257

its under event registration on the right side of the page.

[ March 13, 2010, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: cobra_302_stang ]

--------------------
~HighSpeed Motorsports~

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be there, #5 white coupe in time trials.
F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F1R/GT  Ford pictures for F1R/GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can I sighn up at the event?

--------------------
sure officer it's stock....

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can but it's an additional $50 assuming you get there and there's still room in HDPE 1. If you do register at the track at least have the car tech'ed beforehand.

[ March 16, 2010, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: SteveL ]

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
with the weather it might be full i would register asap....
cobra_302_stang
¯
Member # 7257

It's better to sign up before hand because it usually is full a couple weeks before the event .

--------------------
~HighSpeed Motorsports~

acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you are going and need to get a DB reading give me your car info, car # color and group and i will make a note of them and post them on monday. i will be in the drag tower all weekend...mike
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great event, lots of people in TT were posting personal best times. Pictures:

http://www.headonphotos.net/gallery/nasa/nasa032110/

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com