Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Marina Auto X started

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Marina Auto X started
Wicked Motorsports
¯
Member # 8702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wicked Motorsports  Ford pictures for Wicked Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For all of you guys and some of you guys in the South Bay the Marina Motorsports will be having there usual Auto cross races located @ the Municipal Airport in Marina Ca. just off the I-section of Reservation Rd and Imgen Rd.
The first date was 01/01/10 the next date will be on 01/31/10 for the American Auto X series.
I hope to see some of you outhere...

Sunday, January 31, 2010
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Saturday & Sunday, March 13 & 14, 2010
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Sunday, November 7, 2010

[ January 20, 2010, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: Wicked Motorsports ]

--------------------
92Fobra GT40/E303/BBK/Mac's (sold)
89notch 306HO/TFS1/BBK lt's
89CHP 331/5spd/LT's/LM1's (RIP)
65 331/HCI/TCI trans/SOLD

Posts: 2604 | From: 831salinas | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
ugotsmoked
¯
Member # 6069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ugotsmoked  Ford pictures for ugotsmoked    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is there a website for additional info?

--------------------
02 GT - Fully built and blown - RIP
'00 C5 Frc - Cammed and tuned - sold
66 Nova - Restored - 6.0 In the works

Posts: 1585 | From: Rocklin, Ca. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes, more info please. i want to open track my car soon.
Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F1R/GT  Ford pictures for F1R/GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where the hell is Marina?

--------------------
sure officer it's stock....

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The "Marina" venue is in the monterey area. This isn't open track either...its Autocross. Fun as hell and if American Auto-S Series is hosting it, its geared towards american/muscle cars.

Damn, I wish I had a car to bring out to this [Frown]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Wicked Motorsports
¯
Member # 8702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wicked Motorsports  Ford pictures for Wicked Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
The "Marina" venue is in the monterey area. This isn't open track either...its Autocross. Fun as hell and if American Auto-S Series is hosting it, its geared towards american/muscle cars.

Damn, I wish I had a car to bring out to this [Frown]

You are completly right alot of action for more info check out WWW.SFRSCCA.ORG for all events

--------------------
92Fobra GT40/E303/BBK/Mac's (sold)
89notch 306HO/TFS1/BBK lt's
89CHP 331/5spd/LT's/LM1's (RIP)
65 331/HCI/TCI trans/SOLD

Posts: 2604 | From: 831salinas | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F1R/GT  Ford pictures for F1R/GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you need to be a member of the SCCA in order to race in the autocross events and the open track events? If so how do I become a member? I went to the website to join anyhow but they don't make the steps very clear. I'd like to join because I plan on participating in all the open track events in California this year.

--------------------

F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

I found the link to sighn up.

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
F1R/gt you need to be very very careful when you do your first open track event. you are running serious horsepower and it will be easy to let this car get away from you. You might want to seriously consider detuning the car to run pump gas because as you know 100 gets expensive especially at an open track day. you will be addicted though trust me.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

It's taken alot of time and money to get my car tuned properly so I don't know aboub detuning it but I promis to take I easy. As for race fuel... The cost goes with the territory. I'll just have to suffer with the cost of making big horse power [Big Grin]

--------------------

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe the clear up some confusion...

San Francisco SCCA holds racing events, not open track events. I don't know about autocross.

In order to race with the SCCA, you must become a member (simply pay the membership fee), you must attend the driving school at Thunderhill in early March to get your novice competition license, and your car must meet the safety requirements. Figure that by the time the car fully meets SCCA requirements, it will no longer be street legal.

All the info is here: http://www.sfrscca.org/content/category/7/34/251/

The requirements for open track events are less. First, it's not a race so no competition license is required. The safety requirements are a lot less so right-off-the-showroom cars can meet the tech requirements.

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeaaaayaaaaayy let's do dis!!!!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com