Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Drift Patrol(s) @ Infineon 8/29-30th

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Drift Patrol(s) @ Infineon 8/29-30th
dpracingdan
¯
Member # 5778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dpracingdan  Ford pictures for dpracingdan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey all,
I'll be driving Drift Patrol #2 at the Shelby Club track day event this upcoming weekend at Infineon Raceway. I will have Drift Patrol #2 on display. Although they are built purely for drifting, I'm sure the cars will be pretty quick and at the very least "entertaining" to watch on track. I'll be around all weekend to answer any questions about the cars, drifting, or whatever you want to know. Come check us out!

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet! Hopefully I can show up!! So its drifting and drag racing or did I read it all wrong?

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn. I was out there last weekend 2 see u run but I think ur buddy said u had flight issues. Hopefully you put up some vids

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
dpracingdan
¯
Member # 5778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dpracingdan  Ford pictures for dpracingdan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No drag or drift, it's an open track event. Well be using the full road course, I'll be running the car on track as a "shake-down", and mostly just to turn some laps and have some fun.
OZZY
¯
Member # 9017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OZZY  Ford pictures for OZZY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup i saw the two patrol cars!!! I was there on saturday. Didnt see you on the track though. CHINGON!!!!

--------------------
"Im the type of guy that can admire a great body doesn't matter the make."

87 White T
¯
Member # 9098

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87 White T  Ford pictures for 87 White T  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
Damn. I was out there last weekend 2 see u run but I think ur buddy said u had flight issues. Hopefully you put up some vids

WTF! you were out there? Did you drive your stang cuz I was workn tha front gate an didnt see your car

--------------------
Yellow/Black S197 (Sold)
White 87 T-Top

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is no charge to enter the track if you want to watch or get a ride. There are two clubs running today and tomorrow, HSR West & NorCal Shelby Club. I doubt the HSR guys will be giving rides since they are racing for points but not sure.

You can get a ride from Shelby Club but there are a few requirements. You'll need to sign a waiver at the registration tent (ask around for where they are set up) and get a passenger wristband. There is a minimum age for rides. I think it's 17.

You will need a helmet. Motorcycle helmets are OK. You need to wear long pants, long sleeves, and closed toe shoes while you're in the car. 100% cotton is recommended but not required. The restrooms under the grandstand are open if you need to change.

If you want a ride in a specific car, just ask the driver. Most are more than happy to give rides. If any car will do, go to the hot pit lane while the next group to go out on the track is lining up and ask around. It's all very informal. The Shelby Club sessions start at 9am and run until 4:30pm.

[ August 29, 2009, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: SteveL ]

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
dpracingdan
¯
Member # 5778

Well if you missed the event, it was quite a turn-out. Tons of nice shelbys, Foxes, SN95, Cobras, even a few Daytona Coupes and 1 GT40.
Unfortunately we had some mechanical issues Saturday, and were forced to go make repairs. Sunday we ran a few laps in the first two sessions, and man is the Drift Patrol a rocket ship! Thanks Brad @ Rohnert Park Machine/Dynotuning.com for the awesome tune! Lots of great people out there too- met lots of nice folks. Was surprised there were no "haters" either- a nice surprise. Cant wait for the next one!
Anyone have any in-car footage from the Green group from the first couple sessions? My in-car camera was zoomed in so all I got was about 30 minutes of my gauges- doh!

dpracingdan
¯
Member # 5778

I also have to thank Lupe from Meineke Mufflers & GR Performance in Redwood City- he let us use his shop Saturday to replace the starter and even crawled under the car with us in that nasty heat! Its people like Lupe that make our racing effort possible-
OZZY
¯
Member # 9017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OZZY  Ford pictures for OZZY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn I missed it! Is there anything comin up again? I'm down for the next one!

--------------------
"Im the type of guy that can admire a great body doesn't matter the make."

IvanFive0
built for twisties
Member # 5574

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IvanFive0  Ford pictures for IvanFive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by dpracingdan:
I also have to thank Lupe from Meineke Mufflers & GR Performance in Redwood City- he let us use his shop Saturday to replace the starter and even crawled under the car with us in that nasty heat! Its people like Lupe that make our racing effort possible-

Lupe is a great guy!

--------------------
2012 Coyote - Daily
91 Coupe - HCI turbo
88 Mclaren - Griggs, T56, S trim, B50
87 Coupe

Posts: 883 | From: At the apex, passing you! | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com