Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Autox pics from today in Santa Barbara 8-2-09

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Autox pics from today in Santa Barbara 8-2-09
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

-
 -

Super gravel pit, so I didn't do as well as I could have because the course didn't *clean off* until the timed runs started, but I dropped a nice group of 3x 53.x runs in the runs that counted, won't know how I did in my class until they get the results posted this week, but I think I beat 1/2-3/4 of the field :headbang:

my brother-in-law drove my car today also, his first time auto-x'ing, and his first time ever driving my car...he did really good though, got down to a 56.x lap by the end of the day [Whoo Whooooo!]

I'll throw up some vids later after I go through them (all on-board) I know I got a good one on the last lap of the day, I over powered on a power slide near the finish line and made the corner working run away like a rabbit [dance] [worship] [burnout]

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

blkfoxbody89
5.O
Member # 8361

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for blkfoxbody89  Ford pictures for blkfoxbody89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awesome, That stuff looks like a blast. I have a '85 944 Porsche that I've been itching to put on a autocross course. too bad the thing is a lemon. Costs me roughly $300 every time I drive it. (Radiator $300, then altenator $300, then clutch slave cylinder $160, then finally the tranny went.. drew the line there..). I would not recommend purchasing one. Unless your stacked with cash, and patience.

Great picks though, I'll check back to see how you did on the overall. [patriot]

--------------------
'89 gt
'90 gt

Posts: 976 | From: sacramento | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool pics dude and post the videos too. It's to much fun!!

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

510_SVT
¯
Member # 8705

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510_SVT  Ford pictures for 510_SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What do you have done to the suspension on the car? and the motor?

--------------------
/96 Cobra/
//87' LX h.c.i//

Posts: 1306 | From: 510EastBay | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

here's the funny in-car clip of the last run of the day where I scared a corner worker -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rSzCIwgX1w

the car has basically mach1 take-off suspension, MM lca's, cobra brakes fr/rr, and a `96 cobra motor, 4.30 gears.

[ August 06, 2009, 04:39 AM: Message edited by: Blind ]

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

510_SVT
¯
Member # 8705

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510_SVT  Ford pictures for 510_SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
here's the funny in-car clip of the last run of the day where I scared a corner worker -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rSzCIwgX1w

the car has basically mach1 take-off suspension, MM lca's, cobra brakes fr/rr, and a `96 cobra motor, 4.30 gears.

nice setup....the corner worker was quick on his feet hahaha

--------------------
/96 Cobra/
//87' LX h.c.i//

Posts: 1306 | From: 510EastBay | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com