Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » OpenTrack Day at Thunderhill on Friday ***Pics***

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: OpenTrack Day at Thunderhill on Friday ***Pics***
WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 11 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We had beautiful weather on Friday for a HOD OpenTrack Day at Thunderhill. Unfortunately there were a few mishaps.

-
 -

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

04Z06
AX/OT Moderator
Member # 2309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04Z06  Ford pictures for 04Z06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can't just post pics and not put a story to them That is just wrong. Sucks that the car was wiped out though.

E

--------------------
2004 Z06
2003 DSG Mach 1 Wife took it in the Divorce
2001 Cobra (scrap yard, I hope)
2003 Blk Cobra (traded)

WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry about that, I was posting up more pics and I had to go. The poor guy just slipped off track on turn 15, bottomed out, broke the bracket that holds the halfshaft and sent the car into the end of the concrete divider for the hotpits. If it wasn't lined with old tires, he would have been seriously hurt. Luckily he walked away with only a sore shoulder and back. The car looks way worse in person, it is very twisted and tweaked. It has a lot of mods too.

-
 -  -

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You find out where the guy was from?
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
04Z06
AX/OT Moderator
Member # 2309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04Z06  Ford pictures for 04Z06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That really sucks. At least he is ok. The funny part is that T-Hill is one of the safest tracks around. There is only like 3 walls. I have only had to go off track once to avoid a Miata and it was near a wall but was never in situation where I would have hit a wall or even close. Live and learn I guess.

E

--------------------
2004 Z06
2003 DSG Mach 1 Wife took it in the Divorce
2001 Cobra (scrap yard, I hope)
2003 Blk Cobra (traded)

Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Glen when is the next open track and how much? What's HOD???

--------------------
04 Cobra

inferno03
¯
Member # 6519

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for inferno03  Ford pictures for inferno03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
holy crap, what the hell happened. can it be fixed?
GT35TH
¯
Member # 434

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GT35TH  Ford pictures for GT35TH  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anyone know how insurance companies react to incidents like this? I'm referring to standard insurance policies, not any issued for racing.

[ March 10, 2006, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: GT35TH ]

--------------------
http://www.portalvalues.com

Posts: 72 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Spitfiremk24
¯
Member # 5698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spitfiremk24  Ford pictures for Spitfiremk24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was told, if you ever have an issue at the track, never use the words "race" or "track" "competition, use words like "instruction" "driving school" "safety course"

you get the idea.

--------------------
04 GT

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is no one answer. It depends on the insurance company.
insurance info

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com