Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Auto crossing! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Auto crossing!
alwaysracin
¯
Member # 5204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alwaysracin  Ford pictures for alwaysracin  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have run as much as 52 psi in the front end of different cars and I think I would go about that high in a mustang.

The yellow M3 is Vic Sias, I co-drove with im in 00 (BSP 240Z, 01 (BSP 240Z), 03 (M3). check out his website
www.siastuning.com

I had a good amount of front camber in my 91, let a few friends take it out. It needed more front camber (poor suspension design), yet you loose more braking. I heard around 3 degrees front camber is about a good compromise. Mine was set at 2.5 and then changed it to almost 4. At 4 you could barely stop it, but my rear brakes need adjusting.

I was there in a little red girlie Miata, again.
34 CSP

Later,
Scott Fraser

04Z06
AX/OT Moderator
Member # 2309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04Z06  Ford pictures for 04Z06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As heavy as the Mustang is I would be a little scared to run the tire that high. Talking to a bunch of the Mustang guys when I was running the Cobra, they gave me looks when I told them 44lbs. I was running them to the edge but I was pushing too. You need to slow down a lot entering the corner as not to push. If you do this you will not need the tire presures up that high. That is the hard part. About 3 neg Camber is about right. At least on a modded car. In stock Max is about 1.x. For the higher classes I would say 2.5 and up. Depends on your setup.

Hope this helps..

E

You could just buy a Z06 and call it done.. hehehe..

--------------------
2004 Z06
2003 DSG Mach 1 Wife took it in the Divorce
2001 Cobra (scrap yard, I hope)
2003 Blk Cobra (traded)

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com