Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Track Day (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Track Day
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Easier said then done buddy. I tried to book a track day for a saturday at t-hill. They are booked solid all of 2006. We can get reno, which is a fast track too, and with its new section, I think it has a ton to offer. But most people want to wait till feb or march. Winter is time for building bigger badder toys. [Wink]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hear yah! When we use to take our bikes there we get space but during the week and not on weekends. The problem is not a lot of people might be able to go on week days.Me myself I prefer to go on a weekend. Good luck on looking, we'll be waiting.

--------------------
04 Cobra

lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostsoul  Ford pictures for lostsoul    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WILDTHANG:
My buddy and I would be interested.

It would be cool to have a track full of Mustangs. Kind of like this run we did at Thunderhill.
 -

IS it me or is the 05 mustangs in front of that 04 cobra?
[Razz]

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by lostsoul:
quote:
Originally posted by WILDTHANG:
My buddy and I would be interested.

It would be cool to have a track full of Mustangs. Kind of like this run we did at Thunderhill.
 -

[Razz]

Sure it is. The car isn't as important as the driver. Thursday at Sears Point, the fastest car on track was a Miata. There were several Porsches, an M3, a C5 Z-06, and a C6 Z-06.
I can even show you a picture of my Mazda MX-6 ahead of the Z-06, 2 seconds later, he was blowing by me. Unless you know the perspective, a photo of one car ahead of the other is meaningless.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostsoul  Ford pictures for lostsoul    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
aHAHA.. your right.. it seems more expensive the car the less you push it on the track. I'll be the first one to admit I need driving lessons. I have had my car for 8 months and I still dont feel like I know it. Hell.. I cant even back up in the damn thing without sweating!! I'm not too much in the road racing thing.. but I would like to hit one of the performance drivng schools.. does anyone have info on that or done it themselfs?

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

stangboi
¯
Member # 6315

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangboi  Ford pictures for stangboi    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Hell.. I cant even back up in the damn thing without sweating!!

maybe you should put something on it that beeps when you back up... [Big Grin] or maybe cameras like in a rv
lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

haha.. your not far off.. I was getting ready to put in a nav system and a backup cam.. A friend of mine bought a weather proof cam from frys for 130 and put it in the trunk key hole.. works great

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you want a group driving school, or something that is more personal?
We offer high performance course with about 10 cars and 4-5 instructors. It involves real car control instruction as well as track driving.

http://jimrussellusa.com/drivingcourses/highperformance.php

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is this thing happening???????
newcastle
¯
Member # 4691

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcastle  Ford pictures for newcastle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
aHAHA.. your right.. it seems more expensive the car the less you push it on the track. I'll be the first one to admit I need driving lessons. I have had my car for 8 months and I still dont feel like I know it. Hell.. I cant even back up in the damn thing without sweating!! I'm not too much in the road racing thing.. but I would like to hit one of the performance drivng schools.. does anyone have info on that or done it themselfs?

I went to thunderhill on Dec. 10th for this http://www.thunderhill.com/html/driving_school.html
it was really fun, i recomend it. met some really cool people and got to ride with two of my coaches. one guy's name was steve if i remember correctly - windsor powered notch with full griggs suspension. unbelievable... blew my mind...

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1FAST89GT:
is this thing happening???????

Ya, It's going to have to wait till early spring. The majority of people here WILL NOT run if there is any chance of rain. So date to be determined.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racercosmo:
quote:

[Razz] Sure it is. The car isn't as important as the driver. Thursday at Sears Point, the fastest car on track was a Miata. There were several Porsches, an M3, a C5 Z-06, and a C6 Z-06.
I can even show you a picture of my Mazda MX-6 ahead of the Z-06, 2 seconds later, he was blowing by me. Unless you know the perspective, a photo of one car ahead of the other is meaningless.

It's funny because I chased down that Cobra and he suprisingly did not pull away down the front straight. We had some good laps going until this Carerra drove thru turn 13. After that I think the Cobra was losing his brakes. I challenged him down the back straight, out broke him into turn 14 and never looked back. The next session he started a few cars in front of me. On lap 2 or 3 I was right behind him when he drove thru turn 8 and was offroading it. Here are some more pics.

-

THAT'S ME ON HIS BUMPER
 -

NEXT LAP

-

I tried to talk with him, but he had a flat tire and I could not find him. From the next session

-

[ January 18, 2006, 04:26 AM: Message edited by: WILDTHANG ]

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

pwr4all3
¯
Member # 3405

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for pwr4all3  Ford pictures for pwr4all3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am still in Jon.

- Randy

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com