Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Track Day (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Track Day
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok, who here would be interestedin doing a track day. We would have 3 group levels, qualifications would be needed to get past novice. Follow NASA tech rules, flags, and by-laws.

Group 1- Novice Instructor based, very limited passing, basics of Open Tracking

Group 2- Intermediate More Passing, Instructor Optional, work on perfecting lines, braking, and how to set-up passing.

Group 3- Expert Full Open. Overtaking driver responsible for clean pass, NO Contact period.

We will run either mixed with another club, or if enough interest, by ourselves.

2 hours track time est.

If interested either T-hill, Buttonwillow or Reno-Fernely.

We want to see if there is interest first.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
1991CHP
¯
Member # 5097

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1991CHP  Ford pictures for 1991CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just when and wich track. I did T-HILL just about every week on my track bike, and would love to get the 50 out thier..... even though the cars do f#ck up the track.

--------------------
Asphalt Mafia: Founder.

I felt guilty once, but she woke up half way through it.

http://gotbluemilk.com/web050516/24/index.html

Posts: 815 | From: S.F. / SACRAMENTO | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just as long as no dumb ass hits my car
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1FAST89GT:
just as long as no dumb ass hits my car

We will follow strict rules about this. Also We will limit the entries so there is plenty of room for gapping. So if you feel you are in to big of a group pull into the pits, the pit marshall will send you out in an open area. Standard saftey.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

LuvMy04GT
¯
Member # 4791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuvMy04GT  Ford pictures for LuvMy04GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much and when?

--------------------
who

Posts: 369 | From: Milpitas, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

That will depend on how much interest we get from this question. Hopefully $200, maybe $250. We would include lunch if track permits, Possible T-shirt, and maybe some raffles if we can get some sponsors to help kit in. We might make it into an annual event. But we need enough interest to get things on the way first.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Spitfiremk24
¯
Member # 5698

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Spitfiremk24  Ford pictures for Spitfiremk24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am definately interested.

I've only been to T-hill, and that is a very safe and fun track, very forgiving.

count me in.

[ October 17, 2005, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: Spitfiremk24 ]

--------------------
04 GT

Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd be in, but there's always risk to the organizer that not enough people will show. I don't know if he still lurks around here, but I'd ask Stan Brown for advice, he's done a few private events and I don't think he was ever able to get enough to cover the track rental costs. You'd defenitely will have to go beyond cafords

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Spitfiremk24
¯
Member # 5698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spitfiremk24  Ford pictures for Spitfiremk24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie351:
. . . . I don't think he was ever able to get enough to cover the track rental costs.. . . .

well are we renting out the track? or just joining in on an open track day?

--------------------
04 GT

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Well I have contacted T-hill, I am awaiting info. I would like to rent the track under one of there driving school programs, so insurance and everything is covered through them. But I am still waiting details, so be paitient my son. We are trying to set it up for a Saturday in either Febuary or March. So hopefully dry weather. I will give more info and details as I get them. [patriot]

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Spitfiremk24
¯
Member # 5698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spitfiremk24  Ford pictures for Spitfiremk24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
great! sounds good.

--------------------
04 GT

Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
That will depend on how much interest we get from this question. Hopefully $200, maybe $250. We would include lunch if track permits, Possible T-shirt, and maybe some raffles if we can get some sponsors to help kit in. We might make it into an annual event. But we need enough interest to get things on the way first.

Count me in, I would love to do a track day on my car. I've never been on a track in my car. I've been to T-Hill a few times but on my bike. Yeah I wouldn't mine joining the novice group and get some instructions too. Thanks!

--------------------
04 Cobra

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ok, we have opportunity to get a saturday in January. On the 21st. Would this work for you guys? We need a total of 40-50 cars. WCF has a handful of guys who wanna come too. I prefer to keep it mustangs only. If I can get more the 3/4 of the group to be mustangs I will try to get a special driver from 5.0 mag to come out and play, and maybe take some photos. But thats up in the air. We would need people to committ to the event by paying up front, and we will offer a $50 cancelation option. Which means if you can't make it, you can get a refund minus the option fee, as long as it is requested within 2 weeks prior to the event. So example if cost of the event is $250 add the cancelation option it would be $300, then if you cancel 2 weeks prior you would get $250 back. This is to limit the number of people from dropping out just becuase but still allows if your car brakes, that you are not stuck and out of the cost of entry. Most clubs don't offer this option. It willl be a rain or shine event. It's a blast either way on that track. If this sounds like it would work chime in and let me know. I will work out exact dates and where money has to be sent over the next 2 days. I look forward to seeing many of you guys out there.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Spitfiremk24
¯
Member # 5698

nice! sounds good [Cool]

--------------------
04 GT

newcastle
¯
Member # 4691

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcastle  Ford pictures for newcastle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
very interested.
WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My buddy and I would be interested.

It would be cool to have a track full of Mustangs. Kind of like this run we did at Thunderhill.
 -  -  -

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah keep it mustangs only...and i never did a track event yet so what is it like autocrossing or something...it sounds like a ton of fun and god damn i wanna get in this....i am over interested but i never did it so i might need to practice before running right? obviously...lol...but i do drive like hell in the streets...another thing i probably wont be able to make it to the first event b/c i dont have insurance on my stang right now at the monet so i will probably have it insuraed early january hopefully....shit i gotta get some tires too...hey i dont want to wreck my mustang...thats the best thing i got so its pretty safe right?..i hope so...thanks guys...rock on!

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
green_fow_six
¯
Member # 6063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for green_fow_six  Ford pictures for green_fow_six    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here are some short in-car and chase cam videos from a Sears Point NASA event earlier this year. This will give you an idea of what to expect.

This was HPDE level 2 so passing is only allowed on certain areas.

http://media.putfile.com/ChaseCam77

http://media.putfile.com/In-CarHPDE

Posts: 19 | From: Martinez, CA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
84GT5.0
¯
Member # 5227

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84GT5.0  Ford pictures for 84GT5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like fun

--------------------
RIP Russell W. Krill

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Well, as it stands, I think we will combo up with another club to get a better date and track location. Plus I have doubts that 50 people would truely sign up. So I will do some research and get back with a track date soon.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

2NSANE
¯
Member # 2644

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2NSANE  Ford pictures for 2NSANE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey Jon can I bring my bike? and just ride laps around ya [Razz]
no serious dood hit me up on the phone.

2NSANE
¯
Member # 2644

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2NSANE  Ford pictures for 2NSANE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what Jon Nothing to say?
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

No, my mind isn't here. The bikes CAN NOT run with cars. They never allow it. I know there are groups that do bike track days, not sure who, or where you can sign up at though. When are you going to get another car to play with???

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

2NSANE
¯
Member # 2644

we decided that we are just going to get a larger vehicle mabey a Legacy or Outback with the 250hp turbo or possably the new Passat Wagon with the 280hp VR6 when it finaly arives on the showroom flores in late Jan. [Frown]
as for a play toy I got the Z and its plenty fast. got to love ripping the front end off the ground at 80mph [Wink] of course I never do that because Heather would ring my neck.
[Razz]
gi

tn
¯
Member # 5129

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tn  Ford pictures for tn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lets go once a month would be nice t hill or willow springs there is enough guys to get a group tother to run once a month all makes invited it makes for more fun

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com