Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » QA1 12 way adjustable shocks and struts

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: QA1 12 way adjustable shocks and struts
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can get a pretty killer deal on some QA1 shocks and struts from a buddy of mine. I'm wondering how good they are for corner carving? The car they would go on is pretty much a street car, but I'm looking for something with decent ride quality, and at the same time the ability to corner pretty well.

I was orignally planning on a set of Bilsteins, but I can get the QA1's for about half the price.

Any input here?

Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
04Z06
AX/OT Moderator
Member # 2309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04Z06  Ford pictures for 04Z06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Run away from the QA1's. They do not last very long. A buddy had a set for the last year on his Corvette and they had to be rebuilt twice and they were making all kinds of bad noises. I guess there have been a few design changes and QA1 is trying still to work the bugs out.

--------------------
2004 Z06
2003 DSG Mach 1 Wife took it in the Divorce
2001 Cobra (scrap yard, I hope)
2003 Blk Cobra (traded)

88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for you insight. That's strange though, because I have a friend who says all the guys at his shop run those shocks, and another guy told me their build quality was excellent.

Anyone else have any opinions/experiences?

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Run away from the QA1's
[patriot] they are junk

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
04Z06
AX/OT Moderator
Member # 2309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04Z06  Ford pictures for 04Z06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88gt:
Thanks for you insight. That's strange though, because I have a friend who says all the guys at his shop run those shocks, and another guy told me their build quality was excellent.

I am going to bet that they sell them and get a discount. Most shops will pimp the stuff they sell.

E

--------------------
2004 Z06
2003 Blk Cobra (traded)

88gt
Custom
Member # 579

quote:
Originally posted by 04Z06:
quote:

I am going to bet that they sell them and get a discount. Most shops will pimp the stuff they sell.

E

I hear you on that one, but my friend selling them to me wouldn't make a dollar on the sale, so I trust his opinion.

I think I'll probably end up with Bilsteins.

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I think I'll probably end up with Bilsteins.

I love mine [patriot]

[ June 03, 2005, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: blind ]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
04Z06
AX/OT Moderator
Member # 2309

Penske DA's is where I spend my cash. [Big Grin]

E

--------------------
2004 Z06
2003 Blk Cobra (traded)

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com