Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » My 1st Auto-X Event

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: My 1st Auto-X Event
WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went to the 2nd round American AutoX at Castle AFB in Atwater. It was pretty cool and I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. This was the 1st time that I have ever been to an AutoX event. The car did pretty well, but I ran only one group, so once you start there is no room to make adjustments. I just put some new koni struts in and tape measure aligned the car. I ran some used Hoosier roadrace tires and the fronts needed more camber. When the guy put in the brake system he forgot to remove the stock proportioning valve and so the car had way too much front brake. With stock 182k motor and 2.73 it lugged 2nd gear. The power steering pump cover seal leaked and the smog tube from the pump to the H pipe fell off, other than that it did great.

Our best time was a 57, the top guys ran 47-48 and I saw a lot of 60ups, so I think for a start it was good.

I spun off track pretty good on my last run and stayed with it side stepping the clutch and swung it back on course. The corner guys right there looked like deer in the headlights, they must have been thinking WTF is this guy going to go. Then after my run they walked up to me(and I was thinking, here we go they are going to let me have it) but they were like hey your that guy from CaFords, right. It ended up being Blind(from here) and His Buddy.

All in all it was fun and I met some cool people there.

-  -  -  -  -  -

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

thefrush
¯
Member # 5286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for thefrush  Ford pictures for thefrush  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have seen that #136 Mustang out at SFR Events, that is ana amzing car.

Glad you had a good time, keep dialing in those settings and you'll be running a lot faster in no time. [Big Grin]

--------------------
2004.SVT.Euro.ZX3 | AIM: svtfrush | Team Focus Norcal

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good times, and try not to kill me next time when you're doing donuts in the infeild [worship]

I love that car

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOOK OUT HERE COMES WILDTHANG
 -

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

Dizzy
¯
Member # 884

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dizzy  Ford pictures for Dizzy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey I saw you come flying at Alen, I was a little nervous just watching. [burnout]
newcastle
¯
Member # 4691

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcastle  Ford pictures for newcastle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that 36 car is badass and so is the driver (i think his name is frank). that car fuggen screams!
Dizzy
¯
Member # 884

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dizzy  Ford pictures for Dizzy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea his name is Frank. I love that car, it is/was a real GT350 [worship]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com