Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Couple pics of my car from t-hill (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Couple pics of my car from t-hill
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That looks identical to an Autopower, just with an X on the back.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nah dude, autopower doesnt compare. bolts into the HANS Force subframe connectors, welds into the rear shocktower brace, head restraint, horiz./diag. crossbars as well as the X brace. but all cages are almost identical here and there. autopower cages bolt into weak areas of the chassis/floorboard from what i hear. this custom cage i had made is to my racing spec. (as well as yours [Wink] ) of opentrack and autox. i cant wait till next weekend!!!

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well tell you what marek, bolt that bitch in, then sign up for the April 9th Buttonwillow Nasa event. You know you guys wanna see some AI action.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh baby! im gonna bolt it, and weld that puppy in! then in a little bit, hit the track again. go the coilovers on in the front, now the cage & rstb, oh man, all i need after that is my tune and im done! [Smile] for a LONG time anyways lolol

marek

--------------------
chris@apexmotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wtf? why is chris logged in on my machine?? haha ownT

--------------------
chris@apexmotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there.....that's better [Smile]

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ya, the coilovers are one of the best things to do. I tell you I would never go back, especially since I did the whole tubular front.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

you can say that again. coilovers is the only way to go. if i knew that a long time ago when i get lowering springs, i wouldnt have gotten the lowering springs, and just went straight to coilovers....

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

You tubular up front yet? A and K?

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

not yet. waiting for a header install for those [Smile] all at once baby...even a new canton oilpan at the same time...

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mach0ne351:
not yet. waiting for a header install for those [Smile] all at once baby...even a new canton oilpan at the same time...

what brand you going with? I love my griggs front with the canton. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

ill probably go with JBA or FRPP 4V shorties with the maximum motorsports tubular kmember with tubular a-arms. im also looking into tubular IRS control arms..i think kenny brown make some, but if i can avoid using KB stuff, i will haha

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Actually Marek our 03 has alot of the KB rearend. It works better than you think. Especially since they are the only company who has tried to perfect the IRS.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

how are the tubular parts??????? maybe you and i can sit down and talk about what i can do to the IRS to beef it up a little bit...

so far, my IRS has the 03 cobra IRS brace and Steeda IRS bushings. i have the MM IRS Subframe bushings in my trunk. but havent had the money to install them..

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ours has the KB IRS Brace, Rear Steer Kit, Bushings, and a few other things. My dad got this big papckage deal from KB. I don't know too much about it, but it came with their Extreme matrix system, full diamond subs, and jacking rails, Its got the KB rear tower brace. Like I said he has bunch of parts in it. Plus he is running the MM Coilovers all the way around.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
Well tell you what marek, bolt that bitch in, then sign up for the April 9th Buttonwillow Nasa event. You know you guys wanna see some AI action.

You should sign up for the April 9th and 10th NASA event at Sears point if you want to see AI/AIX action.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Thats right. Then why the hell did JWL say he is going to be at Buttonwillow? [Confused]

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

hmm, with the kenny brown stuff, im looking more for the control arm stuff, and their FREAKING site is STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION. idiots...they should always keep their old site up until the new one is fully operational. morons.....im looking for information on their tubular IRS parts. i have subs that are totally better then KB, so im set there. i have the 03 cobra IRS brace, which is just as good pretty much, and steeda IRS bushings. i still need to install the MM Subframe bushings, but those will take some $$$ to install. the cage goes in this upcoming weekend [Smile] i dont think i can make it for that NASA event (which i want too). im looking for events that are happening in July and up. my car should be ready with everything by then. you have no idea what work ive done on this damm cobra in the last month or 2..lol

-3.73 Gear install
-FRPP Aluminum driveshaft install
-FMS 03 cobra irs brace install
-MM Front coilover kit with hypercoil 355# springs
-repainted frpp 00R airdam
-reinforced the 00R airdam even more, with a bigger custom skidplate
-brembo slotted/crossdrill front & rear rotors install
-pro-m 80mm maf

now next to install
-hans custom rollcage
-bbk 62mmm twinblade tb
-SCT chip with dynotune (i currently have diablosport, but cant retune because previous owner of apex motorsports mike fullar, skipped off the planet with the diablosport tuning software, so i cannt recalibrate my current chip with the gear install update and pro-m and bbk tb) i got jacked with that. totally pisT!

so ya, ive been busy with the darn cobra. the main reason for that is, Muscle mustangs & fast fords will be reviewing my car at this years Fabulous fords forever at Knotts....got to get it as ready as i can lol...bout damm time they look at my shiot!

hey dude, how do i sign to your opentrackstangs thingy???? i wanna be with you cool guys too! [Smile]

marek

[ March 28, 2005, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: Mach0ne351 ]

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
Thats right. Then why the hell did JWL say he is going to be at Buttonwillow? [Confused]

John probably will be at Buttonwillow. It's a split weekend. Ryan Flaherty and Peder will be up here.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Marek, hopefully those drilled rotors don't crack on you. Since you are doing track stuff, I would have gone slotted only. But we'll see how yours hold up. Ya, we got a ton of things to do too. This weekend I fab up a seat bracket. I got to relocate the air controls, sheetmetal the center dash, plumb a firebottle, brake bias guages and control. Later tonight I drop the 460, and remove all the wiring harnesses for it. I got alot more to do too. But its all fun in track stuff. [Smile]

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

dammm dog! strippin that bad boy haha....sweet [Smile] nah, my rotors will be fine. i dont lay into the brake that much, that's what downshifting is for [Smile] btw, what is your exhaust setup??

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

You would have to use them if you got that beast on some real tracks! [Razz] Ya, my car is in my mind, being converted over to as much of a track car as I can and still drive it on the street. So, 1 seat, no radio, no heat, soon probably no air, no carpet, no panels, and my cage. It's a tin can on roids. Basically its damne close already. Just a few minor things left to come out. On my car, the exhuast, offroad H, and Spintech Pro Shoot Out muffs dumped.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

real tracks?? hahaha u run at seca ever? fun track....my goal is to run at thunderhill this year sometime....that's my goal...you car sounds awsome. totally like a beast [Smile]

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
real tracks?? hahaha u run at seca ever? fun track....my goal is to run at thunderhill this year sometime....that's my goal...you car sounds awsome. totally like a beast [Smile]

marek

the previous owner of my car was a regular there at thunderhill. I would also look into griggs for the front and their SLA setup if you have the money. There old blue car has won many times with their suspension up front. I want to upgrade my rear to a Griggs watts link set up but money is tight right now. The t56 is going to run me dry for a while. I will trade you my brembo 13" non slotted rotars ones for yours if you are interested in tracking anytime soon. I might not go for a while until school is done. [patriot]
Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

quote:

marek

Not seca, but I hear it really isn't that technical. No I have run T-hill, Reno, Sears Pt., and Buttonwillow. Seca is over priced for what I see out of it. Sears Pt' is over rated, and not really a fun track. I Enjoy driving T-hill alot, as well as Reno and Buttonwillow.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com