Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Fun with getting the cobra ready *56k warning* (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fun with getting the cobra ready *56k warning*
jcm3man
¯
Member # 3834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcm3man  Ford pictures for jcm3man  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mtbaughs:
Lookin good [patriot]

I know... aren't I sexy... J/K [Big Grin]

--------------------
WWW.ALTEREDSPEED.COM
(209)234-7890
john@alteredspeed.com
Diablosport, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, etc.

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey john is that your dads car and are those the wheels I sold you?
johnny

Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SEMPERFI510:
johnny

Ya its his car. No those are one of our other sets. I think we have like 6 sets of wheels between us. No the ones we got from you are still painted the two tone.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
quote:
Originally posted by SEMPERFI510:
johnny

Ya its his car. No those are one of our other sets. I think we have like 6 sets of wheels between us. No the ones we got from you are still painted the two tone.
coo nice set up. It looks like mine but i kept my two seats and my carpet in the front. Many guys thought Stan the previous owner of my car was crazy because he took a brand new saleen and did the same to it.
Johnny

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya with the Cobra we decided, pretty recently that we were going to go beyond the carpet and paneling, and start to do it all. Then with the custom fabricated seat mount from Altered Speed, we can't have carpet in it. But thats a good thing. Who has carpet in a race car anyway? [Confused] [Razz]

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
Ya with the Cobra we decided, pretty recently that we were going to go beyond the carpet and paneling, and start to do it all. Then with the custom fabricated seat mount from Altered Speed, we can't have carpet in it. But thats a good thing. Who has carpet in a race car anyway? [Confused] [Razz]

yeah mine does though cause it becoming more of a street car. [Big Grin]
johnny

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

baugh humbug! You don't need that crap. So are you going to let the boys fall and come out there and go open tracking with us at least once?

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

9cobra9
¯
Member # 4470

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra9  Ford pictures for 9cobra9    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much weight can you expect to loose with that full gut, and how much would just rear and right front seat delete save. ty for info.

--------------------
Red 1999 Cobra #1227
cai, bbk headers, offroad h-pipe, short shifter, 3.73's, magnaflow mufflers, LTW flywheel and 04 cobra clutch,
co-owner of PWA

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra9:
how much weight can you expect to loose with that full gut, and how much would just rear and right front seat delete save. ty for info.

Well driver seat is about 40 lbs. itself, rear seats are about 80-100, once you remove the child safety latch mount. That thing is a heavy steel rod under the rear seat. The rear seat frame, rear belts and cushions. Carpet was about 15-20, passanger seat was about 25-30, center console is about 3-5 gives you a rough idea. Please you drop about 3 lbs when gutting the trunk out. Plus, we needed to basically clear it out so we could have a REAL race seat installed in the car.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

9cobra9
¯
Member # 4470

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra9  Ford pictures for 9cobra9    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i see. ty for info

--------------------
Red 1999 Cobra #1227
cai, bbk headers, offroad h-pipe, short shifter, 3.73's, magnaflow mufflers, LTW flywheel and 04 cobra clutch,
co-owner of PWA

9cobra9
¯
Member # 4470

but wait, it seems that the best weight saver would be to take a fat shit b4 a race, and a diet.

--------------------
Red 1999 Cobra #1227
co-owner of PWA

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra9:
but wait, it seems that the best weight saver would be to take a fat shit b4 a race, and a diet.

That might help lol [Big Grin] Most of the weight is in the rear seats and your stock seats are heavy. The stock front suspension is also very heavy.
johnny

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com