Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Fun with getting the cobra ready *56k warning* (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fun with getting the cobra ready *56k warning*
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, we finally got started on the inside of our 03 cobra. Some people questioned why we bought a brand new 03 to turn it into a track car. We said, "why not?" So since so many people were against us gutting it and this and that, well sorry, but let the fun begin!

[Whoo Whooooo!]

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

More fun to come...... [Big Grin]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
04Z06
AX/OT Moderator
Member # 2309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04Z06  Ford pictures for 04Z06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You guys look like a bunch of flipping HOODS stripping a car on the side of the road. [Big Grin]

E

--------------------
2004 Z06
2003 DSG Mach 1 Wife took it in the Divorce
2001 Cobra (scrap yard, I hope)
2003 Blk Cobra (traded)

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya, and maybe we are! [Big Grin] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tell the protesters that they can buy their own Cobra if they don't want it turned into a racecar.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cosmo,

Just wondering, do you work at one of the shops at the track?

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No, I work at a few of the shops at the track.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It may be better to take this to email or PM's.

My car is at Griggs for some work and I need some additional items taken care of before it's ready for the track.
Maybe you have some suggestions.

[ February 11, 2005, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: Roush #92 ]

BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can we see some outside pics? Put that sucker on a diet!
Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Well it is on a diet. I post more inside shots later tonight.

Here are a few shots from the track last year.
 -
 -

And this is the result of an idiot turning into you, as you pass them at 125mph. This is minor for what could have happened.

-

[ February 11, 2005, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: 1Sicgt ]

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

2005GTskip
¯
Member # 4885

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2005GTskip  Ford pictures for 2005GTskip    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
Well it is on a diet. I post more inside shots later tonight.

Here are a few shots from the track last year.
]

And this is the result of an idiot turning into you, as you pass them at 125mph. This is minor for what could have happened.

-

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] are u f'n kiddig me [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
2005 Gt

Posts: 294 | From: Discovery bay,California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  :
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that would piss me off so much, what a dumb ass [BS flag]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Trust me, this is when sportsmanship comes into play. But damn it, if it was a beater and not the cobra, some might say it would have been fun to turn into it and make him loop accross the front headon into the wall. But that wouldn't be right, and could put him at risk. [Wink]

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NASA drivers [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
04Z06
AX/OT Moderator
Member # 2309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04Z06  Ford pictures for 04Z06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Trust me, this is when sportsmanship comes into play. But damn it, if it was a beater and not the cobra, some might say it would have been fun to turn into it and make him loop accross the front headon into the wall. But that wouldn't be right, and could put him at risk. [Wink]

I have been lucky that I haven't traded any paint.<knock on wood> So who fronted the bill for the fix?

What are you going to do with the int. parts? I might be looking into an 03-04 Cobra in a few months again so the Z06 doesn't get lonely.

E

--------------------
2004 Z06
2003 DSG Mach 1 Wife took it in the Divorce
2001 Cobra (scrap yard, I hope)
2003 Blk Cobra (traded)

Coupe
¯
Member # 3001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coupe  Ford pictures for Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tell the people who are complaining about you stripping the cobra to EAD.

Im sure it would be way cooler if you parked it in the garage for 100 years and then took it out to car shows once a year [Roll Eyes]

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

quote:
Originally posted by 04Z06:
quote:

I have been lucky that I haven't traded any paint.<knock on wood> So who fronted the bill for the fix?

What are you going to do with the int. parts? I might be looking into an 03-04 Cobra in a few months again so the Z06 doesn't get lonely.

E

They gave it a 50/50 decsion. Passing driver is responsible to pull off a clean pass. Our argument is fine, but people in upper classes are also responsible for knowing how to be passed.

The seats have plans already. They go into the womans car.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

RioredGT
¯
Member # 2300

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RioredGT  Ford pictures for RioredGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

This might be a stupid question, but why do track cars put blue tape over their headlights??

WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RioredGT:

This might be a stupid question, but why do track cars put blue tape over their headlights??

Because they outlawed flashing your headlights to signal you want to pass [Wink] J/K

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

quote:
Originally posted by RioredGT:
 -

So in the case of contact, it catches any glass that may be broken. The blue tape is just painters tape. It removes the easiest without leaving any residue. [Smile]

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Sean90GT
¯
Member # 33

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sean90GT  Ford pictures for Sean90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Some people questioned why we bought a brand new 03 to turn it into a track car. We said, "why not?"

I like the way you think. Fuggem. [Cool]

--------------------
Currently Mustang-less...

Posts: 543 | From: Then: San Jose, CA Now: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Here's some more pics.

-

-

-

-

[ February 19, 2005, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: 1Sicgt ]

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Who made welded-in the seat brackets? I need some for my car.
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

quote:
Originally posted by Roush #92:

AlteredSpeed in French Camp did them.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

jcm3man
¯
Member # 3834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcm3man  Ford pictures for jcm3man  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Roush #92:

AlteredSpeed in French Camp did them.
Thanks for the plug John [Big Grin]

--------------------
WWW.ALTEREDSPEED.COM
(209)234-7890
john@alteredspeed.com
Diablosport, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, etc.

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lookin good [patriot]
Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com