Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » American Iron info video

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: American Iron info video
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Interested in what American Iron is? Well here is an info video from NASA to better explain it.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's cool. Somehow I have never seen that video and I've been around since the beginning of American Iron.
If anybody else has questions, I'm happy to answer to the best of my ability.

You can also check out AI/AIX Forums

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
By the way, that video footage is from Willow Springs Raceway.

--------------------

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn you had to post that video [Big Grin] I can hardly wait for my car to be finished now. Even more so after seeing that one. There's been some let downs with AI/AIX the last year or so as many of the top contenders (i.e Bruce Griggs, Vageli Karas, and Guy C.) have bailed out for the most part. The hopes with the series was that it would grow huge with pretty good media coverage but that has yet to happen. I laughed when they said it was in-expensive but than again I guess it is compared to other forms of racing. Cool video, I too hadn't watched that one before even with checking all the usual footage I come across.
Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya, I found it the other night. All I can say is next year looks like it will be lots of fun!!!

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Isn't there about 10 Mustangs for every one Camaro? I think they'd have to make it a little more diverse in order to develop any sort of media attention. Looks like loads of fun though, but wish I had loads of fun(d)s to do it.

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

It's harder to remove enough weight from the Camaros and there is not enough aftermarket support for the road racing crowd. F bodies do well in CMC because stock for stock, the suspension is much better than a Mustang.

--------------------

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racercosmo:
It's harder to remove enough weight from the Camaros and there is not enough aftermarket support for the road racing crowd. F bodies do well in CMC because stock for stock, the suspension is much better than a Mustang.

This is very true. There just isn't the kind of aftermarket for the slowmaro's with respect to AI. I've seen many CMC guys on the dyno lately both chebby's and mustangs and from what I've gathered it is extremely close in who has more wins. Most these people have tons of track time so I think with CMC it comes down to driver skill more than anything else.

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com