Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Nitto 555RII

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Nitto 555RII
Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strictly5.0MSR032  Ford pictures for Strictly5.0MSR032    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wanted to know if anyone has or knows if a 285 Nitto 555RII(road race tire) will fit in the front of my car (2001 gt). I heard that 275 is the biggest you can go. I know that nittos drag radials(555R) run small. Is it the same for the 555RII? If so do you think it'll fit? The reason I'm asking is becuase the smallest size that nitto offers for the 555RII in 18's is 285's. Thanks!

Jose

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
Vortech SuperCharger w/ Aftercooler
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

Posts: 99 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: May 2003  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can run it on an '01.

I run the 18's on the street normally, but track I use the 275/40/17 nitto 555 RII's and absolutly love them. Great tire. But I might recomend that unless you have 18" track rims, you go with 17's cost wise. its way more efficient to run 17's. the 285/18 tire is almost $300, where as the 17' is only $150. Big cost difference.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
jcm3man
¯
Member # 3834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcm3man  Ford pictures for jcm3man  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
John is right... if cost is not an option you can go with 18"'s...

but its much cheaper to go with a 17...

--------------------
WWW.ALTEREDSPEED.COM
(209)234-7890
john@alteredspeed.com
Diablosport, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, etc.

Matts00BlkGT
Member # 4661

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matts00BlkGT  Ford pictures for Matts00BlkGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have kumho 285/35/17's all the way around my car. I haven't had a problem with rubbing in the front with the exception of U-turns. But it only rubs when i crank it all the way and its not bad.
Strictly5.0MSR032
¯
Member # 2781

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strictly5.0MSR032  Ford pictures for Strictly5.0MSR032    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool, thanks for the heads up on the price difference.

Jose

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT
Vortech SuperCharger w/ Aftercooler
42lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
and all the bolt ons

Posts: 99 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: May 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com