Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Looking for a harness guide bar for 03 mustang

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking for a harness guide bar for 03 mustang
351c.i.d
¯
Member # 2959

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351c.i.d  Ford pictures for 351c.i.d    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey all, I'm hitting up Thunderhill on Sunday for a track school, and I'd like to get a harness guide bar so I can mount my 5 point shoulder harness belts. Does anyone have a used one or know where I can get one by sunday?
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I put a post in your ad in the sale section, but again if you can't find one, depending on your belts, just bolt them back down under the rear seat to the factory belt mounts. Its legal for NASA and other sactioning bodies of racing.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mustang Harness Bar

Don't know if he has one in stock.

If you have a manual slider and a wrap around sub belt: Go to Home Depot. Get a 3/4" diameter steel tube from the specialty metal parts bin. You need about 12" but the shortest length is 3 feet. Measure the width between the front seat bracket and cut the pipe to length. Make sure it just fits between the seat runners. Flatten the ends of the pipe with a hammer. Drill a 3/8" hole in each flattened end so it will bolt right over the front seat mounts. Unbolt the front seat mount. Put a stack of 5 or 6 3/8" washers on the bolt, then the pipe you just made, one more washer, then the nut and tighten it down. The washers will keep the pipe a little bit above the rug so you can wrap the sub belt around it. The sub belt will come up over the front edge of the seat. This works. I've done it in my car.

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Roush #92:
Mustang Harness Bar

Don't know if he has one in stock.

If you have a manual slider and a wrap around sub belt: Go to Home Depot. Get a 3/4" diameter steel tube from the specialty metal parts bin. You need about 12" but the shortest length is 3 feet. Measure the width between the front seat bracket and cut the pipe to length. Make sure it just fits between the seat runners. Flatten the ends of the pipe with a hammer. Drill a 3/8" hole in each flattened end so it will bolt right over the front seat mounts. Unbolt the front seat mount. Put a stack of 5 or 6 3/8" washers on the bolt, then the pipe you just made, one more washer, then the nut and tighten it down. The washers will keep the pipe a little bit above the rug so you can wrap the sub belt around it. The sub belt will come up over the front edge of the seat. This works. I've done it in my car.

Got any pics of the install?

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com