Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Whats your favorite track?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Whats your favorite track?
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So whats everyones favorita track to run on, and why?

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
HWRDCUR
¯
Member # 1094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HWRDCUR  Ford pictures for HWRDCUR  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think Thunder Hill is the best, no walls to hit and FAST turns! If you got skills that is!
eliminator
¯
Member # 4556

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eliminator  Ford pictures for eliminator    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Willow Springs. Fastest road in the west!
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Willow Springs is fun because of the speed, Thunderhill is ok, Buttonwillow sucks, but the equalizer track is Sears Point. It shows how well a car and driver really work, and how well they work together.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like Laguna Seca the best though I have never been to Willow springs. Buttonwillow I dislike. Sears Point I love for its technical end. Thunderhill is great but damn hot in the summer
Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My list goes

1.Laguna
2.ThunderHill

The only thing I hate about laguna is the sound ristriction that they have [Frown]

And thunder hills straight away is just sweet.

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
bobh
¯
Member # 1495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bobh  Ford pictures for bobh  Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
THill - relatively safe, has a technical side and a faster side, but yeah, it's a spring or fall track.

Laguna would be 2nd. Sears has no room for error though it's technically very interesting.

Those are the only ones I've been on.

--------------------
97 Cobra, 87 GT vert, 99 SHO
Auto Performance Pages

jcm3man
¯
Member # 3834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcm3man  Ford pictures for jcm3man  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1. Thunderhill
2. California Motor Speedway
2. Sears Point
4. Las Vegas
5. Willow Springs
6. Laguna Seca
7. Road Ohio
8. Phoenix International
9. Buttonwillow (definitely a love/hate track)
10. Portland

Haven't been on the new Reno configuration yet so I can't factor it in.

T-Hill is by far my favorite... safe runoff, technical and fast.

Sears Point is definitely a love/hate track also but I love the test of nerve and car setup required.

California Motor Speedway is just plain fast...

--------------------
WWW.ALTEREDSPEED.COM
(209)234-7890
john@alteredspeed.com
Diablosport, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, etc.

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As far as to drive on for me, its

1. Reno-Fernly The new fastest track in the west. Much faster I hear the willow springs. Plus the s's after the 1/4+ mile main straight, they are un real. Still going full balls out into them, and having the car stick its amazing feeling. Plus the 23 degree banking in a few corners is a nice bonus.

2. Thunderhill. Very fun track, love the off camber, blind corners. Gives more of a challenge. High speed straights, yet still technical areas. Also nice facilities, good tower that racers can go watch from.

3. Sears Point Great facilites. The best I think currently. Track is very fun, but like others stated, if you mess up, its not forgiving. Sears is more techinical than anything. Ya you gain some decent speed, but never topping out a car. Once you know the line, the track is very fluid.

4. Buttonwillow Now I know alot of people aren't thrilled with this track. However. I love it. Its fast, its got tight turns. Plus since they fixed the bus stop so its not wavey in the asphalt, its very quick. For being out in the middle of nowhere, the facilites on track are very nice, gas, tires, alot out there. Plus are decent observation deck to get out of the sun and watch some cars run.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sears Point/Infineon is the only track I actually raced my 94GT at...Fun track!...I like the elevation changes and powering out of the last corner onto the start finish straight and going 70mph+ up turn one was a blast... [Big Grin]

I've been to Laguna, but I've never actually raced there...I think I'll make that a priority when I get my next Mustang....I just want to experience the corkscrew, I've heard it's awesome... [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com