Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » 99+ Cobra...Keep the IRS? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 99+ Cobra...Keep the IRS?
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how about this

even though MM is coming out with a new control arm for the IRS cars

there dedeicated race car that has well over 2 years of work done to it and still not finished, having the ebst of everything they own to go race in the some series, is using a torque arm, not an IRS swap into a fox

MM want to win to promote there product, and they are using a there torque arm over there own brand new IRS control arm

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racercosmo:
With an IRS, the wheels are free to move about as they wish. Obviously the stick axle keeps both wheels at the same constant angle, so they are not fighting eachother. When you get into a tank-slapper, you don't have to settle each side of the car before you add throttle to control the rear end.
I love the Z06, but I've gotten into some scary shit that would have been solved by simply squeezing on the pedal with a torque-arm and stick axle Mustang.
That being said, I wouldn't give up the Corvette on that issue alone.

With that said, a "stick axle keeps both wheels at the same constant angle", but what if it's not the correct angle?...Then both wheels are wrong, where as IRS will be less affected...That is one reason other cars have IRS...I could understand what you mean with the Cobra IRS, but I think you were general talking about IRS since you included the ZO6 in your post...

[ March 15, 2004, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: Black94 5.0 ]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Black945.0, I was just stating why a stick axle is easier to recover from extreme sidewaysiness (Copyright on that word).

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just a heads up, if anyone with an IRS Cobra wants to sell the whole set up and switch to a solid rear, I am a cash buyer for your stock IRS Cobra setup. I have one ready for my SVO and I have two other friends who want to swap them in as well. Me personally, I think an IRS in a FOX would be bitchin, that's why I'm doing it. To each their own...

[ March 16, 2004, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: phildog ]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com