Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Norcal-LS1 hosted AutoX! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Norcal-LS1 hosted AutoX!
LaserStang
¯
Member # 353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaserStang  Ford pictures for LaserStang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
Brian, its near Monterey. Called Marina. I was goign to talk to Jeremy Pau and see if there is any street racing on Sat night for those staying overniht too.

Its a deep drive for Sacto people but its worth the drive and its a no brainer for Bay area folks.

Its awesome, you can get completely sideways, smoke the tires, spin out and be totally legal and safe.

Fortunately, I actually live in Monterey, Marina is a 5 minute drive from here.. However, much to my dismay, there is ZERO for street racing out here. Believe me, I have only found 3 people to race before, and 2 of them were friends of mine. We could probably hook up with some of the local ricer clubs though! heheh..

~Brian

--------------------
Laser Red 2000 Mustang GT
http://www.montereymustangs.com

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what i was saying in the past post was just what i seen that one day and i wasn't trying to say anything about any other events. Trust me what they were doing was very sad. Me, my dad, and uncle were all looking at these porsches, no joke they never got up past 25 mph they seemed like a bunch of up tight rich guys. they were all at least in there forties.I not was driving on a track is like you dont have to go fast but thats what i would like to set my car up for. I love speeding around a track. I think this is gonna be a good learning tool for me cuz i havent been in the kart for days that and the one i had b4 was not a shifter we just picked that one up. I will look for you and go for a ride along. well see you there.

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ihatethesesns:
what i was saying in the past post was just what i seen that one day and i wasn't trying to say anything about any other events. Trust me what they were doing was very sad. Me, my dad, and uncle were all looking at these porsches, no joke they never got up past 25 mph they seemed like a bunch of up tight rich guys. they were all at least in there forties.I not was driving on a track is like you dont have to go fast but thats what i would like to set my car up for. I love speeding around a track. I think this is gonna be a good learning tool for me cuz i havent been in the kart for days that and the one i had b4 was not a shifter we just picked that one up. I will look for you and go for a ride along. well see you there.

Run your car. It's cheap enough to do. I think you might enjoy it. It is quite different from race tracks though. Turns are taken differently and while you don't get the sensations of high speeds, getting tossed around at the maximum lateral g's your car can do is fun. I've seen old ford rancheros driven to the max on courses. It's amazing how much they roll!
The nice thing about auto x is that there's really nothing to hit if you make a mistake. Do that on the race track and it could be $$$. I remember I was going to try a track event and went to Laguna seca to check it out. It was time trials, not wheel to wheel. Within 5 minutes of getting to the track the announcer asked for 5 volunteers to roll a car off of it's back and put it right side up. After I thought about how I couldn't afford to replace my car if I totaled it I never went back. I hear thunderhill is pretty safe so i might try that though.

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I plan on getting a little sideways and maybe even spinning out. One time when i first got my car i was coming down 580 from tracy and you know the first st off ramp( sharp ass turn) well i went railling up and around it my car took it very well but i was smashed up to my door b-cuz of the g's and on the exit of the turn i was inches away from the island. It was fun but man it could have been all bad. needless to say i dont try to punch it on that offramp i was doing some where around 80-85 when i hit the turn. I love these H&R springs they really do help a lot. cant wait to put some money into the suspenion

--------------------

Todd Z28
¯
Member # 951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Z28  Ford pictures for Todd Z28  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK, I updated my post at http://forum.norcal-ls1.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=75873#post75873 to include things other than Chevy's, let me know if there is anything else you want classes and I'll try to figure it out .

I always try to convince anyone that wants to go to a road racing track for a drivers school or lap day that they should start off with an autoX (or several autoX's) until they are comfortable with their car at (and past) the limit. There are some skills that it's easy to tell people but their instincts will be something else and could get them into major trouble on a road course, but be harmless at an autoX. Things like braking or even lifting off the gas in a corner.
instinctI'm going a little fast in this corner, I better lift or I mite touch the rumble strip on exit. consequincesIf you're going that fast in the corner and you lift off the gas all the weight tranfers to the front wheels thus off the rear wheels and the rear end comes around. If your lucky you might catch it, but don't count on it.
I also do reccomend you start at Thunderhill as there are a lot fewer things to hit. It is still possible to total your car (hit a wall, a hill, roll over...). One of the Thunderhill run schools is the best place to start as they provide plenty of instructors and lots of track time for around $200. With a little experiance you could then step up to a club like www.ncracing.org where you'll get more track time, less traffic and little to no instruction (you can usually find someone that'll ride with you once or twice if needed). Last time at Thunderhill I completly lost my brakes (blew out a piston in my RT Front caliper after going metal to metal, I actually welded the piston to the backing plate to the rotor ). I was in one of the faster straits (about 90) going into one of the slowest corners (maybe 35-40), I went straight, but everything ended up OK .

ihatethesesns, If you've never driven a shifter before there probably won't be enough time to get comfortable with it. You might do OK, but you'll be much more comfortable driving the car. Or bring both and compair your time between the 2. Your car looks like it'll be in OSP so you'l run 4 work 2. You could run the Kart in 1,3,5, or 6. If you do bring the Kart, can I drive it, it's been like 4 or 5 months since I've driven a shifter Kart . Lots of fun.

quote:
Trust me what they were doing was very sad. Me, my dad, and uncle were all looking at these porsches, no joke they never got up past 25 mph they seemed like a bunch of up tight rich guys. they were all at least in there forties.

You know the differance between a Porsche and a Porkeypine?. The Porkeypine has the pricks on the outside. (NO OFFENCE INTEDED TO ANY PORSCHE OWNERS OR PORKEYPINES THAT MAY BE READING THIS )

--------------------
'98 Z28 (almost stock)
AutoX #72 Street Mod
'68 Corvette
BSP-V #00
www.americanauto-x.com

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

quote:
Originally posted by Todd Z28:
You know the differance between a Porsche and a Porkeypine?. The Porkeypine has the pricks on the outside. (NO OFFENCE INTEDED TO ANY PORSCHE OWNERS OR PORKEYPINES THAT MAY BE READING THIS )

that joke works better with benz's, cuz its a little more true

--------------------

aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He he, I used to own Porsches and heard that one from some friends. Not all Porsche owners are pricks, but I have met some that are in Porsche Euphoria land where nothing is better than their car and they refuse to appreciate any other car.

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Todd Z28
¯
Member # 951

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for Todd Z28  Ford pictures for Todd Z28  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TTT
feel free to E-mail me if anyone has any question and I'll try to answer them as fast as I can. toddpz28@icqmail.com

--------------------
'98 Z28 (almost stock)
AutoX #72 Street Mod
'68 Corvette
BSP-V #00
www.americanauto-x.com

97cobra
¯
Member # 150

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra  Ford pictures for 97cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe I missed it but when date is this happening on ?????

--------------------
"Some people dream with success... while others wake up early and work hard to have it." Man do I ever want to go back to dreaming of it !!!

Posts: 116 | From: Fremont, ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This weekedn, on Sunday.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

well Its shitty to say but i wont be making it due to car issues and money as well hope you all have fun though. later

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com