Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » AED (Advanced Engine Development) NorCal Tuner

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: AED (Advanced Engine Development) NorCal Tuner
gr33n
Member # 14798

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gr33n  Ford pictures for gr33n  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anyone know if this business is still around. I cannot find a website for them. They pop up as a highly reputable mustang/coyote tuner. Corp filing show it’s still active but I can’t seem to locate an address or phone number either. I want to ensure I have a VCT genius to bring a boosted coyote to after my build.

Thanks guys.

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shaun is still rolling on the coyote stuff and tunes. I believe his preferred method of contact is email. Shaun@AEDHP.com. He is very responsive, got back to me very quickly via email just a couple days ago to schedule a tune.

[ 2021-08-07, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: 2BlueGeeTees ]

Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
gr33n
Member # 14798

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gr33n  Ford pictures for gr33n  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thank you for the response. I’m going to reach out to him. I appreciate the info
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not a problem and good luck with the build, sounds like a fun one!
theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's too bad he's not competent enough to tune fox bodies. I'd love a good tuner in the area.

--------------------
Woke Bruh

Posts: 349 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by theconductor:
It's too bad he's not competent enough to tune fox bodies. I'd love a good tuner in the area.

Same, I would love a competent shop and/or mechanic period for fox bodies anywhere in the Bay Area. If anyone has any leads, that would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.

Located in the San Francisco Bay Area but willing to have the car towed anywhere in NorCal within reason. Or if there is a local mechanic that specializes in fox bodies who wants to work out of my garage that could also be an option. I'm flexible but expertise is a must.

[ 2021-08-15, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
quote:

Same, I would love a competent shop and/or mechanic period for fox bodies anywhere in the Bay Area. If anyone has any leads, that would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.

Located in the San Francisco Bay Area but willing to have the car towed anywhere in NorCal within reason. Or if there is a local mechanic that specializes in fox bodies who wants to work out of my garage that could also be an option. I'm flexible but expertise is a must.

We have a fantastic shop for foxes locally. American Iron in Loomis. However, they don't do in house tuning.

--------------------
Woke Bruh

gr33n
Member # 14798

Fox bodies don’t just “tune”. You need an aftermarket controller connected and even then it’s limited. Which honestly makes it pretty easy to make adjustments. If you tell me which piggy back system you’re using I can help point you in the right direction. If you use a stand alone like MegaSquirt I can help with that too.

I wouldn’t knock AED at all because they can’t or won’t help with an older system. The coyote computer system is way more complicated and the variable cams adds a whole other dimension into tuning. I respect anyone who can safely alter the coyote platform.

Let me know if you need some direction on the fox platform. There are a few good options out there but some are limited.

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Well put VNMKING, I would have to agree with that. Shaun tuned my 93 cobra 10 years ago and did a great job. That being said the ECU’s in the fox body is fairly primitive, and do not have the same parameters available to tune. Now obviously most everyone knows that but it’s worth mentioning. Most importantly prior to a fox tune is getting things right like plug gap, cam degree, ignition timing, rocker arm adjustment, and fuel pressure.
theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

I'm running MS PNP2 in mine and Shaun told me to get bent. Whether he's uncomfortable with the tuning platform or the car is irrelevant and an just an excuse for his ability or lack there of.

--------------------
Woke Bruh

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I'm running MS PNP2 in mine and Shaun told me to get bent. Whether he's uncomfortable with the tuning platform or the car is irrelevant and an just an excuse for his ability or lack there of.

remote tune with Lund if you can

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

gr33n
Member # 14798

quote:

I know a guy who is good with MS. He remote tunes my buddies 68 TT LS Camaro. The thing about tuning is you have to find someone comfortable with the system you’re running. You could find the the most reputable tuner for mustangs but you chose a system like Haltech which they have no experience on, and to be safe, they will just say no.
MS is a good system, but they haven’t updated the platform for fox bodies in quite some time. Because it’s just a computer swap, have you considered going a different direction? Holley Term X system is much more widely accepted by tuners and honestly even I could get you close to proper tune with its setup. It’s user friendly with a ton of videos online.

You shouldnt be be mad at a Ferrari mechanic that doesn’t want to work on your bmw. Let me know if you feel the tuner I know is someone you might be interested in talking to. Disclaimer, he doesn’t live in the US

theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

quote:
Originally posted by VNMKING:
quote:

I know a guy who is good with MS. He remote tunes my buddies 68 TT LS Camaro. The thing about tuning is you have to find someone comfortable with the system you’re running. You could find the the most reputable tuner for mustangs but you chose a system like Haltech which they have no experience on, and to be safe, they will just say no.
MS is a good system, but they haven’t updated the platform for fox bodies in quite some time. Because it’s just a computer swap, have you considered going a different direction? Holley Term X system is much more widely accepted by tuners and honestly even I could get you close to proper tune with its setup. It’s user friendly with a ton of videos online.

You shouldnt be be mad at a Ferrari mechanic that doesn’t want to work on your bmw. Let me know if you feel the tuner I know is someone you might be interested in talking to. Disclaimer, he doesn’t live in the US

I get what you're saying and that's fair.

I have found a great tuner since then who lives in Florida and tunes via remote while I drive. He does an excellent job. I would just like to find someone local.

I don't have any love for MS. At the time it was purchased, I was looking for something that wouldn't be caught by a smog tech. That's not so important anymore. I'm just not ready to spend money on another ems at this time. I really just want to get it running smoothly and work on the rest of the crap I need to take care of before going back to the drivetrain.

--------------------
Woke Bruh

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Problem is most Foxes are hacked up POS. Sorry to say. Who would want to touch a car and attempt a tune when most everything on it is leftovers from Craigslist? Not saying this is the case with your car in particular, but rather what is seen in general.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:

Problem is most Foxes are hacked up POS. Sorry to say. Who would want to touch a car and attempt a tune when most everything on it is leftovers from Craigslist? Not saying this is the case with your car in particular, but rather what is seen in general.
Exactly, Shuan stopped fucking with fox bodys unless he knew you real well. People kept showing up for their appointments with their clapped out pieces of shit with tons of issues and expecting a tune to fix their problems. Just a smart business decision on his end.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ah yes, more excuses. The hallmark of a quality tuner.

--------------------
Woke Bruh

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Not sure how making a smart business decision is an excuse. When you own a business you make decisions based off NOP, and if something isn't profitable you get rid of it. Why not just go Holley efi and start learning to tune yourself?

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

quote:
Originally posted by Camara90:
quote:

Not sure how making a smart business decision is an excuse. When you own a business you make decisions based off NOP, and if something isn't profitable you get rid of it. Why not just go Holley efi and start learning to tune yourself?
If I wanted to learn how to tune myself, I wouldn't be bitching about so-called "great tuners" backing away from their pride and joy now, would I?

--------------------
Woke Bruh

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

If I wanted to learn how to tune myself, I wouldn't be bitching about so-called "great tuners" backing away from their pride and joy now, would I?
Don't even bother arguing with that guys internet buddies.... its not worth your time or energy
theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

quote:
Originally posted by 91 5.0 5speed:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Don't even bother arguing with that guys internet buddies.... its not worth your time or energy
Good point.

--------------------
Woke Bruh

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I always wanted to punch that AED coward in the face back when they were banning and posting peoples personal info and cars online. I remember a thread on SVTP where Shaun called someones workplace like some jealous ex wife. lol

Ahh the good ole days

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This thread is a bummer. Many other types of cars are built and tuned everyday. The fact that finding a good tuner and shop for fox bodies has become like looking for a needle in a haystack doesn't speak well about the fox body community here in California IMO.

It seems like those who specialize in them are the very ones who don't want to work on them. It's a bummer because theres tons of support for other cars out there. I now understand why fox owners are starting to ship their cars out of state to get work done. A lot of the performance shops down south and in the midwest have been turning out these cars left & right.

[ 2021-09-18, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
This thread is a bummer. Many other types of cars are built and tuned everyday. The fact that finding a good tuner and shop for fox bodies has become like looking for a needle in a haystack doesn't speak well about the fox body community here in California IMO.

It seems like those who specialize in them are the very ones who don't want to work on them. It's a bummer because theres tons of support for other cars out there. I now understand why fox owners are starting to ship their cars out of state to get work done. A lot of the performance shops down south and in the midwest have been turning out these cars left & right.

Better tuners out of state anyway
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I build my own shit from top to bottom. I even turned my own fox but I run the Holley terminator x system. I understand why shops don’t do a lot of foxes. The amount of wiring problems on foxes is ridiculous. You don’t want to see the amount of wiring I fixed and pulled off my car. I literally rewired my whole car because half the shit didn’t work. It’s more than just plugging in a laptop and adjusting things.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18526 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com