Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need help finding part for Koni Yellows

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help finding part for Koni Yellows
DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeleteThisAccount  Ford pictures for DeleteThisAccount    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can't find these anywhere.. looks like they haven't been made in a while..

These bushings are toast.. and I cannot seem to find replacements.. anyone?

-

Thanks!

DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeleteThisAccount  Ford pictures for DeleteThisAccount    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Delete me, found them! ONLY Max. Motorsports sells these... smfh.

30 bucks... and 21 to ship them less than 400 miles. LOL.

KevinK
Tech Mod
Member # 9234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevinK  Ford pictures for KevinK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe most of Koni stuff has a lifetime warranty. I would have went to Koni.
Posts: 196 | From: San Mateo, CA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
KevinK
Tech Mod
Member # 9234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevinK  Ford pictures for KevinK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dup

[ 2018-05-17, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: KevinK ]

Posts: 196 | From: San Mateo, CA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

quote:
Originally posted by KevinK:
I believe most of Koni stuff has a lifetime warranty. I would have went to Koni.

These aren't even on their fucking website.

I'm sick and tired of companies like this telling me the same bs.. yeah.. the car was built 8-10 years ago.. and now i'd literally had MSD, BBK, Koni, etc. tell me "oh, we don't make that anymore.. we can't give you any info, a CARB sticker, nothing"

Fuck em. I'll pay for this before I ask these scam artist companies for a fucking thing.

DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

Ha! Not only were they the wrong parts on MM website, you gotta go to the racetrack..

Performance Shock, Inc sells em.. they were spherical bearings for the bottom of the koni's.. and the top also have full spherical.. i've never even seen this shit, and I can't find it online, anywhere..

Anyone??

I may have to take pix lol.

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do the bearings having a logo or part number stamped on it? You can use it to find the original equipment manufacturer for the spherical bearing bushings. Koni doesn't make them, they buy them from someone else.
DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

quote:
Originally posted by Martinna:
Do the bearings having a logo or part number stamped on it? You can use it to find the original equipment manufacturer for the spherical bearing bushings. Koni doesn't make them, they buy them from someone else.

Nope, they were completely destroyed.. there was little left outside of a metal ring and a piece of plastic.

Koni charges $24 a pop for the teflon raced ones.. Aurora makes the same thing, but stainless steel races, and they were a buck more. I had them overnighted from Sears Point (Big shout to Beau at Performance Shock out there) and they are going on the car today. I put one in last night.. what a pain in the ass, gotta fashion a bolt with washer, then put a 3/4 socket over it and tighten the nut til it pulls the fucker in.. fun.

Least it's the correct part this time, so if anyone has these.. I hope they see this lol.

I also noticed my coilovers in the rear ALSO have a spherical bearing on the upper portion.. so the top of the shock can articulate freely as well.. someone spent some money on this car before I had it.. nice stuff..

It's not full out griggs or mm... yet.. but, for now, it'll do. It's got griggs tubular front a arms, but the k member is stock for now, that should change this fall.

If anyone has suggestions between MM and Griggs... love to hear it. I'm not a great welder.... and I would prefer to keep the car strictly a street scar (it's a daily driver) and MAYBE hit a track here and there.. I live on a lake in Nor.Cal and it's basically a fucking road coure everywhere I go.. soo.....

Torque arm/PH bar was next on the list... unless someone can convince me that an IRS is a better investment.

Thanks.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com