Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Diesel mechanic?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Diesel mechanic?
El Caballo
¯
Member # 6355

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for El Caballo  Ford pictures for El Caballo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anyone here work on diesel or own one that can give me input on my f350 7.3 not wanting to start. It cranks but that's it it was driving fine then shut off.. oil leve is fine I've replace all the sensors and Relays i checked injectors And they're good

--------------------
..Bottled Ls6 C4 In Progress..
..slow 08 silverado...
..SVT4Ls7-rip...
: RevengE Is ThE SweetesT MothA F@kN TastE!!!

[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm very good with the 7.3 but need more info. First is it the powerstroke or IDI? and when was it last running?
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
since you say you checked your injectors im going to assume it's the IDI. I would bet on it being the injection pump has failed.
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

But there again i'm very curious as to how you were able to check the injectors on a non running motor?
El Caballo
¯
Member # 6355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for El Caballo  Ford pictures for El Caballo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It’s a 99 powerstroke. it was actually the pig tail from the cps I dint realize that two cables were stripped and touching each other . Oops!.. for the injectors I used a buzz tester I have the car gage pro app on my android...

I Appreciate your input tho. Thanks

[ 2017-10-22, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: El Caballo ]

[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

good to hear. if you have a good amount of mileagae on the truck i'd go ahead and pull the shift selector lever out of the column and check the wires that go to the overdrive button as they fray and short out. Just as a precaution maintanance or it will leave you stranded in the future as the fuse shares with the pcm
El Caballo
¯
Member # 6355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for El Caballo  Ford pictures for El Caballo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup, just did that six months ago overdrive went out. Other then this all I need to replace is the pressure pump and Intank fuel filters and hopefully I’m good for another 200k miles. Real quick seams you know about this, currently I have stock Garrett with edge evolution, I’m thinking of swapping the Garrett for a powermax or a KC. What’s your thoughts on the KC
MACK.GT
¯
Member # 10461

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MACK.GT  Ford pictures for MACK.GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
7.3 running yet ?
El Caballo
¯
Member # 6355

quote:
Originally posted by MACK.GT:
7.3 running yet ?

Yup

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com