Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Engine issue

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Engine issue
kuku93
¯
Member # 14014

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kuku93  Ford pictures for kuku93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So today I installed my exhaust stock one for now along with new O2 sensors. Before all this the car ran and turned on every time. But when I installed it to keep my stoker quiet. It doesn't want to turn on. I know my timing isn't set right and I'm guessing it could be that. Or when I installed the exhaust something happened. Before the exhaust it was just open headers. Idk what happened but any info can help. Thank you!
SLWST50
¯
Member # 11113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLWST50  Ford pictures for SLWST50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you install a mid pipe with cats? The material in the converters can dislodge and get stuck sideways causing serious back pressure. Also, I have broken many spark plugs while installing/removing headers and not noticed till I had a problem.

--------------------
1995 GT
2001 BULLITT
2007 GT Redfire Vert (Wife's)

Posts: 32 | From: Citrus Heights, CA | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
kuku93
¯
Member # 14014

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kuku93  Ford pictures for kuku93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLWST50:
Did you install a mid pipe with cats? The material in the converters can dislodge and get stuck sideways causing serious back pressure. Also, I have broken many spark plugs while installing/removing headers and not noticed till I had a problem.

Yea I did. I put the stock exhaust on for now. That was my guess about the back pressure because I'm not running any smog air pump or emissions. My other guess is when I plugged the sensors in and maybe my car is running rich or lean for it not to turn on.
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Having your timing too far advanced will make your car hard to start. An advantage of a chip is it can keep your stock timing at startup and only advance it at parts of the curve where you need it.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com