Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » finding a mass air sensor

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: finding a mass air sensor
kuku93
¯
Member # 14014

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kuku93  Ford pictures for kuku93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HELLO EVERYONE. I HAVE A 347 STROKER AND IN NEED TO FIND A METER SENSOR FOR MY 87 CONVERTED MASS AIR MUSTANG. I HAVE 42LB INJECTORS AND AMERICAN MUSCLE DOES NOT KNOW WHERE I CAN GET ONE. CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS PLEASE?
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Which 42lbs injectors do you have? Are you planning on getting a custom chip?
Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangn5oh  Ford pictures for Stangn5oh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont why am couldnt help you out...
you already converted to mass air, soooo your like any 87-93 mass air equipt foxbody.

now you just need to get a mass air meter for 42lb injectors.

you being converted to mass air and engine size sounds irrelevent to getting a matching mass air for your 42lb injectors "is what im thinking, or did i miss something"

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

Hit the gasser, go faster, all u heard was dual exhaust n flowmasters.

Posts: 1643 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
kuku93
¯
Member # 14014

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kuku93  Ford pictures for kuku93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Stangn5oh:
i dont why am couldnt help you out...
you already converted to mass air, soooo your like any 87-93 mass air equipt foxbody.

now you just need to get a mass air meter for 42lb injectors.

you being converted to mass air and engine size sounds irrelevent to getting a matching mass air for your 42lb injectors "is what im thinking, or did i miss something"

Thank you but I got it running. Follow my build on IG @project.beast_87
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's good you got it running. In the future you want to get a mass air sensor that comes with its flow curve. You can give this to your tuner so they can make it work with any size injector you want. Matching mass error sensors to injector sizes was a trick they did in the old days before people really understood the EEC.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com