Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Size tires

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Size tires
kuku93
¯
Member # 14014

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kuku93  Ford pictures for kuku93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I'm doing this build on a 347 stroker. Mainly for canyon runs and track. This is my first build and wanted to ask any export experience human being that tire size and rim size are good on a 1987 foxbody mustang
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A lot of work here and not just one answer. For canon runs you'll need a 5 lug disk conversion. If you do a disc conversion, you should put bigger discs in the front. Then there is the booster saga. Depending on the rear axles you go with you'll need different offset wheels. You'll need to roll your fender lips.
kuku93
¯
Member # 14014

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kuku93  Ford pictures for kuku93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the conversion kit and front 5 lug spindles. But still looking for a shop to install my goodies for the rearend.
Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For canyon runs try 255 front and 275 rear.. ran that in my IRS swapped 82 chp and the car took corners like a dream.. make sure you get the proper alignment as well though!

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
kuku93
¯
Member # 14014

Thank you

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com